Monday 10/28/2019: Sneak Peek at the Week; Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide
The start of the work week is driven by the Moon in Scorpio, working efficiently today and most of tomorrow to organize and consolidate deep knowledge for the sake of power and control. The buzz in the air is reflecting the ripple effect of the 4:14 AM ET opposition between the Sun and Uranus, suggesting more than the usual shocks in the morning headlines.
Mercury is the main focus this week. It is part of the week’s only other exact aspect among planets (other than the Moon). That aspect is a meet-up on Wednesday with Venus in Scorpio, suggesting idealism expressed in a potent or witchy-bitchy manner — involving women, publishing, art, money and how and whom we love.
Mercury is literally IN FOCUS this week, now at 27 degrees of Scorpio and slowing to a virtual standstill (from our perspective on Spaceship Earth). It turns retrograde at 11:42 AM ET on THURSDAY….not to turn direct until November 21st. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS NOW…and NO WHINING! As Avid Readers will recall this Really Useful Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide:
Even if you know nothing else about astrology, you may have heard this term before. Often it’s accompanied by curses and groans, and that’s a shame. Yes, all of the flights on American Airlines might be grounded because of a computer glitch. Or the entire country of Finland might be offline because there’s a transportation strike (actual Mercury Rx events). But there’s much good that can be accomplished when the Messenger Planet appears to be retracing its steps.
Mercury—which in the language of astrology refers to mindset, travel and communication—will appear to move backward through the sky from October 31st until November 21st. It’s not really moving backward, but that is how it looks from our perspective here on Spaceship Earth. Mercury goes retrograde 3-4 times each year, for a period of 22 days.
Contrary to popular belief, Mercury retrogrades are no reason to freak out. Mercury retrograde gets a bad rap because we are geared, in this crazy modern age, to always be thinking, doing, moving FORWARD. You know what that gets you? BURN OUT. We need our down times, and Mercury retrograde is a perfect time to give our minds a rest. Why else would your computer, phone and/or car choose THIS time to malfunction? Because you are supposed to be slowing down. And as you slow down, it is vitally important that you FOCUS.
When Mercury is retrograde, be prepared for travel delays, scheduling screw-ups, mechanical breakdowns, computer crashes, having to repeat what you’ve just said, misunderstandings, the past coming back for a second look, surprise reunions and having to repeat what you just said. Use your FOCUS and double check important details, like whether the restaurant you’ve chosen for a meet-up is still in business. Or whether it is booked for a commercial shoot or a private party — all of which has happened to me during Mercury retrogrades.
If you are looking for a job, Mercury retrogrades are a perfect time to reach out to people from your past. Mine your address book and trust that your contacts will be happy to hear from you. However, do not be frustrated if your target is away on vacation or keeps rescheduling meetings. Also, triple check your emails and resumes before you hit “send,” as there is a higher probability of typos and other sloppy snafus.
In your business, you’ll need to make sure all communications have been received and are clearly understood. Be mindful of the higher potential for communications equipment to go on the fritz. MAKE SURE YOUR FILES ARE BACKED UP. Also be aware of a higher than average probability for delays in shipping and travel arrangements. For this you will need an extra dose of patience.
You may also find it profitable to REview a project from the past. Maybe you shelved it then, but now is the time to REconsider. However, be advised that a spontaneously, “out-of-the-blue” idea for advancement may not be so sound when Mercury turns direct. This is why the conventional wisdom advises against finalizing and/or signing contracts on deals during Mercury retrograde. An exception might be supported if you are REnegotiating or RElocating. If you absolutely must close a deal, triple check everything. The key is not to RUSH.
This is a good time to schedule a corporate REtreat. Any activity that affords the opportunity to REview past performance is encouraged. REsearch on a new strategy is also favored.
Mercury retrogrades are not favored for launching a new website or a new communications systems. There is a higher than average probability of technical glitches and confusion.
In general, adopt a playful attitude of flexibility to whatever twists you encounter. Avoid making major purchases (especially electronic ones). Don’t believe everything you hear or read in the papers. Rumors have a higher probability of spreading during Mercury retrogrades. Avoid losing patience — that’s a big one.
When in doubt, be silent!
Do plan on RElaxing, REviewing, REsearching, REorganizing, REgenerating, REconnecting and REcreating….and REviewing your life with your astrologer.
Wherever 11 – 27 degrees of Scorpio falls in your horoscope is the area of your life that is subject to REview and REorganization. If you’d like personal insights on how this is likely to manifest in your own horoscope, toss $44 into my Cosmic Tip Jar (the link is at the bottom of this email), and send me your birth date, time and place using this contact form. I will email you a copy of your horoscope and a few paragraphs of observations.
At 27 Scorpio, this week of Mercury’s FOCUS on that degree may recall (in the news) stories that were brought to light in the aftermath of the May 18th Full Moon in Scorpio — here’s the post about that, including the Sabian Symbol for 27 Scorpio: “the king of the fairies approaching his domain.” A king, eh? More to come on the world’s fearless leaders in this Mercury Rx, it would seem.
The week goes like this:
- TUESDAY: Scorpio Moon will be void between 1:34 PM ET and 5:58 PM ET. Roll with the twists and flakes that may disrupt efforts to walk forward in a straight line. Remember that crises that crop up are likely much ado about nothing. Chill! Once the Moon soars into Sagittarius at 5:58 PM ET, you are free to push boundaries with enthusiasm (double checking travel schedules because Mercury retrograde on Thursday), take a walk in nature or a see a foreign film; engage in a spirited debate (but triple checking emails before hitting “send”).
- WEDNESDAY: More Moon in Sag. Mercury meets up with Venus in Scorpio at 6:04 PM ET, looking for a romantic or artsy ideal. The Moon’s square to wiggy Neptune at 9:50 PM ET reinforces those rose-colored glasses.
- THURSDAY: Happy Halloween! Sag Moon will be void between 10:29 AM ET and 10:38 PM ET. Chill, chill, chill! Mercury turns retrograde at 11:42 AM ET — how will the expected twist/snafu be seen in the headlines (because it will!). The Moon goes void on a meet-up with Jupiter, starting the day with a lift…and apparently (this just in), a vote on the House floor to “formalize procedures for the next phase of the impeachment process to ensure clarity and transparency.”
- FRIDAY: Moon gets down to business in Capricorn, supported by easy aspects from planets suggesting friends and leaders. At 4;25 PM ET, Venus is released from her Scorpio prison and enters Sagittarius, bouncing through the Hundred Acres Woods like Tigger. Fun fact: that Wikipedia article I just linked says: “Tigger‘s birthday is believed to be in October 1928, the year The House at Pooh Corner was first published. However, on Tigger-related merchandise, Disney often indicates Tigger’s birthyear is in December 1968, a reference to the first year Tigger appeared in a Disney production, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.”” Perhaps Disney is right. In any event, Venus in Sagittarius suggests fiery opinions will be all the rage until November 26th. The Sagittarius need for blunt honesty combined with its improvisational nature has resulted in many a case of foot-in-mouth disease. Combined with Mercury’s retrograde, November may be exceptionally entertaining — at someone else’s expense.
- SATURDAY: Moon in Capricorn favors practical enterprises and chores. It begins with a sobering focus reflecting the Moon’s meet-up with authoritative Saturn at 3:29 AM ET, with the silver lining being that Saturn’s focus may structure the visionary potential suggested by a harmony between Moon and Neptune at 4:35 AM ET. Any night owls working in these wee hours? Take note! The next several hours are supercharged by a clash involving the Moon and Mars at 10:11 AM ET, followed by the Moon’s weekly clash with Pluto at 1:39 PM ET. Humming in the background and suggesting strong potential for a powerful release of energy in matters involving men, sports, guns and other brutal efforts is a square (tension) between Mars and Pluto, exact next TUESDAY.
- SUNDAY: Moon goes void at 1:46 AM ET and enters Aquarius at 6:19 AM ET. Aquarius is seeking to be appreciated for its uniqueness and social significance in a group dynamic. Hang with your friends and note the potential for a surprise around 2:50 PM ET, when Moon squares rebel Uranus.
And now, the news.
Fascinating example of the potential for shocks involving disruptions and unconventional leaders (Sun opposing Uranus), with a layer of witchy-bitchy social expression suggested by Mercury and Venus meeting up in deep, dark Scorpio. Freshman Congresswoman Katie Hill (D-CA) resigned over the weekend, after a foreign tabloid paper published intimate photos of Ms. Hill with a staff aide (who was apparently in a a “throuple” relationship with Hill and her soon-to-be ex-husband). Ms. Hill is the first openly bisexual person to be elected to Congress; her ex’s actions are being called “revenge porn,” which is illegal in California. We don’t have a birth time for Ms. Hill, but patterns in her horoscope (birthdate is August 25, 1987 in Abilene, TX) show that Jupiter (expansion) is activating her natal Uranus (shocks, unconventional expressions, freedom).
In other news…
I slept through my alarm on Sunday — not unusual for a day with a 12-hour long Moon void. Therefore I missed P45’s 9:17 AM ET announcement of the very big something that happened after he got back from the golf course that afternoon, but it turned out that many journalists got the word out hours before 9 AM ET. Not surprisingly, given how we were looking at planetary patterns for the last week of October months and months ago, the “big something” involved the military, warfare and a disruption involving a head of state. It was also a big something that P45 was no doubt hoping would be seen as a big positive to anyone looking at him (see last post discussion P45’s horoscope for this time). However, the success of the “big something” — which turned out to be a clandestine (dead Moon!) U.S. military raid in Syria (resulting in the reported suicide of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi) — reportedly happened in spite of P45’s efforts, not because of him.
UPDATE: on California, whose rectified horoscope appears to be functioning as designed. “Rectified” means that the time of California’s “birth” is uncertain, but an astrologer has made an effort to determine it. You can see and read about the California horoscope here. Note that a pattern suggesting “surefire
intense effort in the face of potential destruction” will be exact in December. Now and through November, combustible Mars is activating several planets California’s chart, as is disruptive Uranus (as it opposes California’s rectified Scorpio Moon and Ascendant). Headlines were ablaze this morning with news of more fires, evacuations and power outages affecting heavily-populated areas in Northern and Southern California. Dear Avid Readers in the Golden State, may you stay safe and sound during these challenging times. Praying for rain!
This just in…the S & P 500 just hit a new record high — surprise, surprise . It’s interesting to see such expansion and optimism, now that the contraction suggested by the squeeze of transiting Saturn squaring the U.S. Saturn is in the rear view mirror. Are there any signs of expansion in the U.S. horoscope? Yes! On the 26th, transiting Jupiter (expansion) met up with the U.S. Neptune (faith, illusion, intangibles) for the third time. Believe, believe, believe! I wonder if we will see another boost in December, when transiting Jupiter opposes the U.S. Venus and Jupiter. We’ll have to wait and see.
What’s going on in your horoscope? Are you scheduled for a boost or a contraction? Here’s the 411 on consultations.
Thank you for reading this forecast – -and sharing it with other interested parties. I love referrals.
Thanks to Beth Owldaughter for the witty Mercury Rx mash-up!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!