Let’s just get right to it.
Highlights this week:
- Venus conjunct Mars on Thursday
- Mercury enters Pisces on Friday
- Venus squares Jupiter on Saturday
It goes like this:
- MONDAY: It’s Presidents’ Day in the US — a holiday for many. Moon continues in Cancer today and tomorrow, putting the focus on emotional, family, home and homeland security concerns. Too bad it’s a holiday, because the Moon is well-supported by Saturn (structure) and Jupiter (growth), at 3:02 PM ET and 5 PM ET. If you’re working, seize the day.
- TUESDAY: The only exact aspect is a sextile between the Cancer Moon and Uranus, exact at 11:45 AM ET. More of the same from yesterday, with potential agreement found via unconventional alliances.
- WEDNESDAY: Moon trines Neptune (inspiration, healing) at 1:37 AM ET, and then goes void for seven hours. Cancer rules the Moon, and when the Moon is void in this sign, “she doth performeth somewhat,” argued astrologer William Lilly. Still, East Coasters may get off to a slow start, as Moon doesn’t shift gears and enter Leo — the next sign — until 8:40 AM ET. Now is the time for drama kings and queens to take the stage, for better or worse. Some are looking to shine — and in the process, help others shine, too. Some are on stage just for the fun of it. Others are operating out of a sense of regal entitlement and empowerment, and we may be hearing from that crowd first — especially with Moon opposing Pluto at 10:37 AM ET. Moon-Pluto patterns suggest power plays and catharses, and we’ll have the rest of the business day to work it out. Then, at 10:02 PM ET and 10:12 PM ET, respectively, Moon opposes Venus (women, worth, money, art, social expression) and Mars (action, aggression, assertion). This is a clash of values and assertive energy that is oh-so-stubborn, as Leo and Aquarius (where Mars and Venus are at present) are fixed in their expression. MAGA Mike Johnson has Moon in Leo, FYI — aptly reflected by his statement several months ago that God spoke to him personally (everything is personal with Leo planets) and convinced him that he was a modern-day Moses (who never actually reached the Promised Land, if memory serves). Planets in Aquarius, when not dysfunctional, are inclined to consider what’s best for the whole group – and thus may be more objective.
- THURSDAY. Humming in the background all week is the much anticipated conjunction (meet-up) of Venus and Mars in Aquarius at 2:14 AM ET on. This conjunction releases more tension than usual, because the build-up has been going on since last summer (the third week in July, as described here). Venus and Mars were in a similar flirtation in November 2021 and early 2022 — described in detail in this forecast (look in the section about the lunar eclipse). They last met up in Aquarius on March 6, 2022 –– and here are headlines from that time (a lot of Russian aggression in Ukraine for instance). In Aquarius, a Venus-Mars conjunction suggests sanguine hook-ups among unconventional parties, networks, friends and other groups of like-minded souls. In general, Venus-Mars meet-ups may spice up your partnerships, and with Aquarius involved, some of the spice might be deemed kinky. Watch the headlines. You are more personally affected by this conjunction if you have planets and/or angles around 7 degrees of Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio and Taurus. Off the top of my head, this includes President Biden and the charts for the 2021 Biden-Harris Inauguration; Liz Cheney, Ivanka Trump, Julian Assange, Henry Winkler, Alan Alda and John Adams. For everyone else, wherever 7 Aquarius falls in your horoscope is where you may plant seeds for intensely focused passions.
- THURSDAY: The Venus-Mars conjunction happens just two hours before the love-love-me-do Leo Moon squares Jupiter at 4:39 AM ET. Jupiter expands whatever it touches, and may get the day off to an enthusiastic start. Moon travels through the day without interference. Some may be carried away like a snowball rolling down a mountain, with a surprise or upset to the status quo around 11:18 PM ET, as Moon square rebel Uranus….and then goes void for the next 21 hours. Avid Readers know that efforts to move forward in a straight line are more prone to twists and flakes when the Moon is wandering without focus. Stick to routine concerns; avoid impulse purchases. Crises which crop up during Moon voids are often much ado about nothing. CHILL all through…
- FRIDAY: …with this long, potentially howling (with regal indignation) Leo Moon void. Better to indulge in creative play! Meanwhile, on Thursday, Mercury was at the verrrrrrry last degree of Aquarius, pushing humanitarian and innovative talking points with urgency. At 2:28 AM ET, Mercury enters Pisces — and when have you ever heard a fish speak? From now until March 9th, thoughts and communication are more likely to be based on feeling and intuition. At 8:37 PM ET, Moon enters Virgo to clean up the confetti from the Leo Moon’s party. Moon opposes Mercury (in Pisces!) at 11:51 PM ET, possibly muddying up messaging, much to the Virgo Moon’s chagrin. Perhaps we will hear from Mitt Romney today, as his horoscope has planets around 1 degree of Gemini and Pisces. Certainly the need to make things right is on the rise, in sync with the Virgo Moon, which is waxing to fullness, exact at 7:30 AM ET on…
Here is the chart for the Full Moon, set in Washington, D.C.:
- Five planets in the 12th house and Neptune on the Ascendant suggests a lot going on behind the scenes, and what is presented may not be as it seems.
- The Moon is in the 6th house of service, systems of process, labor and health concerns. This area is being illuminated by the aforementioned Things Going On Behind the Scenes.
- Moon’s next aspect is an opposition to Saturn, suggesting a heavy authoritarian advances or streamlining. But after that contact…
- Venus and Mars will square Jupiter, ruler of this chart. Jupiter is in the 2nd house of money, values and worth. Expansive action, assertion, aggression and attacks are suggested, with some of the action involving resources with a humanitarian intent. This potential is echoed by two midpoint pictures: Jupiter/Pluto = ASC and Venus- Mars/Uranus = AP (the Aries Point).
- Uranus (change; shocks to the system), Neptune (ideals, scandal, lies), and Pluto (power and transformation) are all running wild in the cosmic sandbox, and thus can’t help but attract attention.
- The Sabian Symbols for this lunation are “a merry-go-round” (for the Moon) and “officers on dress parade” (for the Sun). A merry-go-round runs in cycles; a dress parade is usually linear. Curiously, astrologer Blain Bovee observes that neither the merry-go-round nor the dress parade are actually going anywhere. Hmmm. The former is for fun — with ups and downs — just enjoy the ride. The latter is a regimented forward march; “a show of form, precision and practiced polish” — not so much fun…unless you really dig military parades (and some do).
- You are more personally affected by the illumination potential of this Full Moon if you have planets or angles around 6 degrees of Virgo, Pisces, Gemini and Sagittarius. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any famous people with those placements…and that has to be a first!
Back to the weekly forecast:
- SATURDAY: After the potentially sobering Moon-Saturn face-off at 3:24 PM ET, Moon’s next stop is a trine to Jupiter, arguably lifting collective spirits. Grand gestures, indulgence, and philanthropy are likely to be making news, reflecting the square between Venus and Jupiter, exact at 11:01 PM ET. Is there a jackpot in your future? I don’t know, but there’s probably one in the headlines. If you have planets around 10 degrees of just about any sign, you could try your luck in your local lottery.
- SUNDAY: The Virgo Moon is well-suited for sorting, organizing, and analyzing. Taxes, perhaps? Moon’s trine to Uranus supports an innovative approach, and it’s a fine aspect for a friendly gathering…possibly in preparation for the big action suggested by planetary patterns next week.
Beth Owl’s Daughter’s always-in-sync Tarot Card of the Week reinforces themes of focus, leadership, and initiatives. Beth is awesome. Onward!
And now, the news.
Over the weekend, Venus met up with Pluto, adding intensity in matters of money, emotions, women and aesthetics to the brutal action of last week’s Mars-Pluto conjunction. Remember, these three planets connected at 0 degrees of Aquarius, and thus simply had to reflect events affecting the global community. This potent trio also activated the equally potent 2020 Great Mutation of Jupiter-Saturn at 0 Aquarius, which planted seeds for a new 200-year period of development in the element of AIR.
How last week’s events affected the global community was the focus of historian Heather Cox Richardson‘s summary for Friday. Here is the first paragraph:
At the Munich Security Conference, where leaders from more than 70 countries gather annually in Germany to discuss international security policy, Vice President Kamala Harris today responded to Trump’s recent attacks on America’s global leadership with a full-throated defense of global engagement.
This is why I can’t recommend HCR’s daily letters enough. She cuts right to the chase — compared to the priority-challenged mainstream media. And thanks to her focused reportage, it immediately occurred to me that Alexei Navalny’s presumed murder was intentionally timed so that the (Mars-Pluto) power play would be announced at this gathering of global leaders, including Navalny’s wife, Yulia Navalnaya. As noted last week, the data for Putin’s horoscope may be uncertain, but has proven to be a fairly reliable timing tool. And what we see now are patterns suggesting reward and expansion — at least for the next few months.
In other news…
- NY Attorney General Letitia James’ supercharged horoscope (described here in October) paid big dividends on Friday, as Donald John Trump was ordered to pay more than $350 in penalties for “ill-gotten gains” in James’ civil fraud case. It could have been worse, as he and his family could have been barred from doing business in New York forever, but ’twas an apt headline for Venus (money, women) conjunct Pluto (annihilation, resources, power).
- “Capital One to acquire Discover, creating a lending colossus“
- “Man sues Powerball lottery after being told his $340m win was an error”
- “Meet the Delaware judge who keeps foiling Elon Musk” (Venus = women)
- “The billionaire building a new economy in space”
- “Utah’s new ‘Sovereignity Act’ seeks to challenge federal laws — but is it constitutional?” This reminds me of individuals who say they don’t have to pay taxes because they are sovereign persons. Understandable that states are testing this logic now.
- “Navalnaya steps up to lead fight vs. Putin as morgue retains her husband’s body.” Her Sun is receiving a contact with Pluto this year; we see how she could become more empowered.
- “New York lobbyists are ‘aiding and abetting’ the climate crisis” — and Pluto refers to oil
- “FBI seizes dark website of most prolific ransomware gang“
- “Satellite weighing as much as adult rhino to crash through Earth’s atmosphere this week”
- “US urges Israel to drop plans for Rafah ground offensive”
- “Frozen embryos are children, says Alabama high court in unprecedented ruling”
- “Cleaner sacked for eating leftover tuna sandwich takes legal action against City law firm.” Venus refers to food…and the reason cited for her dismissal seems like overkill.
- “The wife of Haiti’s assassinated president is accused in his killing”
- “Russian pilot who defected found dead in Spain”
- As predicted: “Near-record winds in Northeast push passenger planes to speeds of 800 mph“ (200 mph faster than average)
- “He was born at home in D.C. Now his parents have to prove he’s theirs”— because D.C. bureaucrats have never heard of Ancestry.com, apparently. Geez, Louise!
Which reminds me…that Avid Reader Claudia has written a book, and since the topic is in sync with planetary patterns, I’m delighted to share Messages from the Womb with you all.
Here is the 411 on personal consultations. Astrology is a powerful tool for better understanding your significant others, your children, and — of course — yourself. And those are only a few ways that astrology can help you live life better. We will have a fine discussion together.
Thank you for supporting this forecast –– and sharing it with your friends.