It’s such an interesting Friday night, and with such a buzz in the air — literally! I just had to post a few headlines in sync with planetary patterns.
First, here’s a reminder of what’s driving the action:
- FRIDAY: An illumination and release in matters of practical, status-seeking information and communication may hit the wires around 7:09 AM ET, as Mercury opposes the Moon. The earthy practicality challenges the security-seeking Cancer Moon. A trine to the Moon from Neptune at 3:01 PM ET, attempts to take the edge off. The Friday night news dump could be a shock to the system as Sun squares Uranus at 9:50 PM ET. The Sun refers to leaders of state and business, and also the heart. Uranus refers to upset, breakthroughs, genetic mutations, gender-benders, seismic activity, astrology, aviation, technology, networks, just to name a few. Here are headlines from a past Sun-Uranus square. This square is amplified by the Moon’s weekly clash with Pluto, suggesting a catharsis or power play, exact at 1:18 AM ET on…
- SATURDAY. Chill during the brief Moon void. At 3:48 AM, Moon enters regal Leo, looking for love, honor and — if we’re lucky — a stage to play on or an occasion to celebrate. Your coping strategy in a Moon Leo phase is to pay someone a compliment. Shine — and help others to shine, too. There’s no Moon void, so you can shop at yard sales without worrying that what you find won’t live up to expectations. The regal/partying drive of the Moon is boosted by a trine to Jupiter (expansion), exact at 5:33 PM ET. Fun for a Saturday night date, perhaps — depending on how the tension between Venus and Mars works out, exact at 10:28 PM ET. Venus is in Pisces, an exalted and possibly dreamy state of being. Mars – which refers to action and desire — is in Gemini, possibility using words as a coping strategy, a weapon or a call to arms — but in ways that may be entertaining or diverse. Sparks may fly, with action and desire facilitated by the Moon’s sextile (a cooperative alignment) to Mars, exact at 2:35 AM ET on…
- SUNDAY. More potential buzz in the morning. Emotions are on the rise, as the Moon waxes to its fullness at 1:28 PM ET. But first, Moon squares Uranus at 10:08 AM ET, suggesting an upset to the status quo, for better or worse. Don’t think it’s always for worse!!! Mmkay?
Monday dawns with a face-off between the regal Leo Moon and authoritarian Saturn. That could feel like a wet blanket or a harsh cut, and it happens at 9:15 AM ET. Chill during the ensuing seven-hour Moon void. The void may be reflected in a slow start, flake or twist to your usual routine, and your mission is not to freak out about it. So if you sleep through your alarm, no worries!! At 1:28 PM ET, a sextile between Mercury (how we need to think) and Neptune (visions, dreams, bubbles) will be exact. Whatever fueled your imagination over the weekend gets real by the end of this week.
And now, the news.
Cue the 5th Dimension’s “Up, Up & Away (in my beautiful balloon),” now, please….and LOOK UP!
Wow! What a buzz! Can you say “Sun (leaders) in airy Aquarius square Uranus (surprise! technology!)?” Oh, and what a Venus square Mars diplomatic conflict is brewing…under Sunday’s illuminating Full Moon in Leo, with its Mercury sextile Neptune dreamy, mysterious bubble in the background. China says it’s a civilian airship that drifted off course…hahahahahahahaha.
Right-o. I’ve earned my pension. Except I’m self-employed, and don’t qualify for a pension plan.
Please visit the Cosmic Tip Jar, and support your local astrologer!
It’s worth reviewing the horoscope of Xi Jinping, which was last looked at during his power grab in October:
In what we think we know of President Xi’s horoscope, he is in an expansive period of development. Transiting Jupiter is expanding his prominent need to act to preserve emotional and homeland security in October and November, and in January, transiting Mars will station on his Jupiter. By the end of the week — on the day Saturn turns direct — it is expected that Xi will be declared Party Leader (and president of the country — again), putting him “on the brink of total power,” says The Guardian. But is Xi for real? With transiting Neptune square his double-talking Gemini Sun, his pitch may be pixie-dusted now, but when transiting Saturn enters Pisces in 2023 and squares his Sun in 2024, it may not be so rosy.
Avid Readers should glean from the above that Xi’s Jupiter (expansion and reward) is in airy Gemini (which needs to be the smartest kid in the room). Mars — the energy of action and assertion — hit Xi’s Jupiter twice, on January 3rd and 21st. And here we are now, with an assertive reach for intelligence. Astrology. Is. Amazing.
Also reflecting themes of the Sun-Uranus square and/or/with the Venus-Mars square are stories of burning desires, unconventional attractions and provocative attacks — in matters of women and men.
- “Ilhan Omar’s removal from House panel was ‘stupidest vote’ — report”
- “Biden’s State of the Union address expected to take aim at Silicon Valley” — yep, saw that coming a mile away
- US sees unexpected surge in hiring: latest jobs report
- Federal appeals court strikes down domestic violence gun law
- “Let me mansplain” — studies reveal impact of condescension
- “Hong Kong offers 500,000 free plane tickets to lure tourists back”
- The Last Boeing 747 Leaves the Factory — following up on my observations on Boeing’s horoscope from Monday’s forecast
- “Women should consider removing Fallopian tubes to prevent ovarian cancer”
- “CEOs of Apple, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan are taking pay cuts”
- “Fully autonomous passenger planes inching closer to takeoff”
- Missing radioactive capsule found on remote road in Australia
- “The future of environmental protests in America may be unfolding in a forest outside of Atlanta”
- Power outage at LAX earlier this week
- “Pigeon dyed pink for NY gender-reveal party” –– and of course it’s making international news
- Discovered in the deep: the anglerfish with vampire-like sex lives
- “The fantasy of sugar dating“
- For the Love of Dilfs review – Stormy Daniels’s gay dating show is a hoot from start to finish
- Dying for sex: endangered male quolls may be mating themselves to death instead of sleeping, scientists say
Are you seeing a theme here? Why are they popping up in the headlines, NOW? The answer is obvious — and astr0-logical!
..and OMG…here’s one reflecting the Sabian Symbols for the weekend’s Full Moon, i.e., “the non-vested choir” vs. “a watchdog”
Can’t make this stuff up.
Finally, here’s a story that’s unusual because of how it got written — which you can read at the bottom of this gifted article:
And last but not least, Whitney & I recorded a fresh episode of Off The Charts: A Stellar Newscast on Groundhog Day. It’ll be up sometime on Saturday…but if you missed last week’s episode, you can find that here.
Thank you for reading this forecast.
Keep warm, if you in the freezing Northeast!