And…we’re off to the races again. Racing is an apt word for a day driven by the Moon in me-me-me-first Aries, where it has been since 2:07 AM ET. Cooperative aspects between Saturn and Jupiter at 9:19 AM ET and 6:57 PM ET keep the action going without too many speedbumps.
Today we honor the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., who was actually born on January 15, 1929 at 11:21 AM in Atlanta, GA. Dr. King was a Sun Sign Capricorn (the energy to make things happen in order to move forward), with Moon in Pisces, which needs to work with the collective soul and other intangibles…a dream, perhaps? Since the horoscope lives forever, we immediately take notice of transiting Pluto about to meet-up with Dr. King’s 25 Capricorn Sun, and transiting Neptune on Dr. King’s 19 Pisces Moon. Translation: Dr. King’s visionary ideals are more revved up than ever, and we expect his efforts to administer social progress will manifest in a power play, possibly being torn down and transformed over the next two years.
Other components of Dr. King’s horoscope are also hot this year. King’s Jupiter at the beginning of Taurus seeks its reward in material comfort and security, in The Way Things Ought To Be. It was just activated by the Jupiter-Saturn in early Aquarius, and by transiting Mars in Taurus. Dr. King’s unaspected Mercury at 11 Aquarius (how he needs to think and communicate) will soon find plenty of channels via contacts with Mars, Uranus, Jupiter and Saturn. For more on his horoscope, here’s a post from January 2012.
So. It was pretty quiet over the weekend relatively speaking, as anticipated. Here’s what’s coming next:
- TUESDAY: More Moon in Aries, with the Sun at 29 Capricorn — squaring the place where Mars was at on January 6th. We will likely see a recurrence of assertive/aggressive energy; perhaps it will involve leaders and CEOs, as well as willpower, ego identity and the heart. Since I wrote that line last week, it was announced that P45 is expected to pardon 100 people on Tuesday. For the record, Ghislaine Maxwell’s horoscope is days away from two patterns that often coincide with honor and recognition, potentially being at the top of one’s game in whatever arena one happens to be in. As for P45, according to my nifty Solar Fire software program, he needs to be aware that
“Your life is changing and you feel insecure. However these changes are manifesting in your life, your perceptions are unlikely to be correct right now. You would be well advised to think before you speak. In the meantime you could enjoy going to the cinema or spending time with young children and animals. Counseling may also be beneficial.”
- Another pattern exact for P45 on Tuesday is one suggesting “meetings with unusual persons; temporary contacts,” — add it to the mix for whatever message to the masses the Aries Moon reflects as it travels through his 9th House (of broadcasting & legal opinions).
- TUESDAY: Sun enters Aquarius at 3:39 PM ET — worsening in condition (argue traditional astrologers), because it’s tough to shine as a king or queen when you’re traveling through a sign that reflects the interests of all humanity. My money says we’ll see plenty of Aquarians shine in 2021, as Jupiter travels through that sign for most of the year. Same for those with Aquarius Ascendants and Midheavens (e.g. Mitt Romney).
- WEDNESDAY: Moon squares Pluto at 3:28 AM ET, suggesting a power play or catharsis. Moon then goes void for the next 10 and half hours, so CHILL! This is a potentially volatile day — all around the world — though experience suggests that the Moon void may take the edge off of the explosive potential of Mars meeting up with Uranus at 3:37 PM ET.
In Washington, D.C. (and the Eastern Time Zone in general), keep an eye on the action around 6:20 AM and 7:45 AM ET, and again around 11:30 AM and 12:40 PM ET. The early morning times correspond to P45‘s departure from Washington via Andrews AFB. It’s good to read that those in charge of security are saying that they are on high alert, as in “All 25K National Guardsmen going to Washington for the Inauguration are being subject to extra vetting.”
Here is chart for the Constitutionally mandated inauguration of Joseph R. Biden, Jr.:
With the Moon void at 29 Aries, a twist or delay would not be surprising Who remembers the time Chief Justice Roberts flubbed a line during Obama’s first inauguration in 2009? The Moon was void (and there was a do-over when the Moon was not void). Today’s Moon is exactly where Mars was on January 6th, recalling the aggressive energy of that day. The Moon in this chart refers to the people, so here we have a populace that is all fired up about its righteous crusade. No matter what side you’re on in this righteous crusade, the next step for the Moon is Taurus, where it needs to establish a materially comfortable status quo. This Aries Moon also refers to the reigning need of the Biden Administration, i.e., to lead, inspire and start things that have never been started before. It is square the Aquarius Sun, a sign that it is being born at a time of crisis. Ya think?
Mars and Uranus are in Taurus the 12th house — with the Aries Moon. This suggests a need to shake up the system. Mars in the 12th is an excellent placement for assertive energy that serves the needs of a group, as opposed to one person’s ego. You may see it in the horoscopes of surgeons and quarterbacks. In an event chart, Mars in the 12th may weaken or subvert its destructive potential. Compare this chart with the 117th Congress’ horoscope, which you’ll find in my latest “Charts in the News” column for The Mountain Astrologer.
As encouraging as this potential seems so far, note also that Saturn is squaring Uranus. This is a tension we will all be dealing with in 2021, and it is one of the dominant patterns this year. It represents the needs of the old guard vs. the needs of the avant garde. It’s a conflict, and it’s a stubborn one. One day, efforts are blocked. The next day, a lightning bolt strikes the tower.
Pluto on the Midheaven denotes a transformation, with the upside being empowerment. Biden’s administration has the potential to tear down and rebuild the American presidency. He’s already released a list of executive orders planned for his first ten days in office that reflect the new business model demanded by the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in Aquarius:
- Overhaul of immigration laws
- Cancel Keystone pipeline
- $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill to be introduced
- White House science post is elevated to a Cabinet position
- And plenty more, listed in the NYT right here
- Fun fact: Robert Reich wants us to know (via Twitter) that America’s billionaires could give everybody in the country a $3,000 stimulus check and still be richer than they were before the pandemic.
Meanwhile, the chart ruler is Venus in Capricorn, trine the Ascendant and sextile Neptune. That’s good for the arts, humanities, healing and being well-received. Of course Biden’s inauguration address will call for unity.
In this schedule of inauguration events, there will be a “memorial to honor and remember the [400,000 American] lives lost to Covid-19.” At 5:30 PM ET on Tuesday, towns and cities across the country are invited to illuminate buildings and ring church bells. It’s about time.
Here is a write-up of Biden‘s horoscope.
Here is a write-up of Kamala Harris‘ horoscope.
Meanwhile, I was delighted to be invited to talk more about the Biden-Harris inauguration with journalist and cultural critic Whitney M. Fishburn. If you’re a paying supporter of docu-mental, her online journal about American thought and culture, check out the conversation.
- WEDNESDAY (CONT.): Moon enters Taurus at 1:56 PM ET. At 3:37 PM ET, Mars meets up with Uranus in Taurus, which would be super-fabulous for a NASA launch, as it suggests daring and technological innovation. It also reflects reckless action in the headlines, as we’ve seen over and over again in over ten years of writing this forecast. Moon squares Sun and Saturn around 4 PM and 10 PM ET, respectively. Tension between the need to resist change and the need to serve the greater good. For a sense of what that tension looks like, here is Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card for the Week.
- THURSDAY: Moon in Taurus moves forward on its need to build and maintain material comfort and security.
- FRIDAY: More of the same, with the Moon going void at 4:27 PM ET. Action over the past few days may be boundary-pushing in the most buoyant of ways, with a square between Mars and Jupiter, exact at…
- SATURDAY: …2:48 AM ET. Moon enters clever Gemini five minutes beforehand. Overall these patterns suggest an easy airy flow, and let’s hope the sweetly forgiving sextile between Venus and Neptune (exact at 2:48 PM ET), can work more of that kind of healing balm, as opposed to dreamily deluded idealism. At 10 PM ET, the annual conjunction of the Sun and Saturn suggests heavy news involving leaders and CEOs. You’re more personally affected by the streamlining focus if you have planets around 4 degrees of Aquarius, Scorpio, Leo or Taurus. Time to get real. Consult your local astrologer for details.
- SUNDAY: Moon in Gemini gets the word out about whatever gravitas gripped our attention last night. A dreamy or surreal escape may be yours around 4:30 PM ET, as Moon squares wiggy Neptune.
And now, the news….
…which reflects these patterns — exact last week:
- Mercury conjunct Jupiter in Aquarius — square Uranus (big humanitarian ideas; big breaks; sky-high innovation)
- Mars square Saturn — militant discipline in matters of guns, men, control, anger
- Sun conjunct Pluto in Capricorn — power plays, catharses and gut renovations re: leaders
- Uranus turned direct — seismic activity; revolutions; liberation; aerospace
- “When hackers can take your nether regions hostage, something has gone very wrong”
- “NRA files for bankruptcy, seeking to avoid NY lawsuit”
- Scores are killed in earthquake in Indonesia
- Virgin Orbit launches rocket from 747
- “North Korea’s Kim could be planning missile launch to welcome Biden Administration” — indeed, and since this story just posted, note how it reflects Wednesday’s Mars-Uranus meet-up
- Lisbeth Salander would be proud of the hacker who apparently downloaded everything on Parler before it went offline
- “Electric eels hunt in packs, shocking prey and scientists”
- Why physicist Avi Loeb thinks there’s a “serious possibility” that ‘Oumuamua was an alien spacecraft
- Russia withdraws from the Open Skies treaty
- Dutch government collapses over benefits scandal
- Italy’s premier struggles to keep his government from collapsing
- Estonia’s prime minister resigns in corruption scandal
- Angela Merkel‘s party has chosen a successor to lead them into Germany’s federal election in September. Merkel is one of the world’s longest-serving current heads of state; she will soon step down.
- Airlines banning checked firearms on DC-bound flights; Capitol insurgents end up on no-fly lists
- P45 administration executes last of thirteen people in unprecedented killing spree
And oh, yeah…
- P45 impeached for “incitement of insurrection” — stay tuned for the upcoming trial. If convicted, P45 does not get to pass GO, collect hundreds of thousands of dollars in pension, travel and security benefits — nor can he ever hold office again.
UPDATE: on Liz Cheney — first discussed here in July 2013, when Saturn in Scorpio was squaring her Sun-Mercury conjunction at 5-6 Leo. All this month, transiting Uranus has been squaring her Mercury, suggesting an opportunity for a surprising and daring change of mindset. Cheney was one of nine Republicans in the House who voted to impeach P45, which has generated criticism from the GOP in her home state of Wyoming. Within the next several weeks, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn will challenge her Sun-Mercury. A squeeze, an expansion or a bit of both?
Meanwhile, the Washington Post is has amazing reporting on the January 6th attempted coup at the Capitol — with a video timeline here. So much more will be uncovered in the next Mercury retrograde, which begins on January 30th.
Stay tuned to this channel for continuing updates. To support the effort it takes to produce these musings, please consider tossing a bit of silver into the Cosmic Tip Jar — in a Joyful Random Expression or Faithful Monthly Expression of Appreciation.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations.
Thank you for reading this forecast.