The Leo Moon squared Uranus at 5:33 AM ET, suggesting an upset to the status quo that might get East Coasters out of bed. And in fact, I did wake up this morning before my alarm went off. Coincidence or conspiracy? A Leo Moon needs to shine — and those are your marching orders today. Be creative in the ways that only you can be — and look for ways to help others shine, too. When was the last time you paid someone a compliment? Try it, you’ll like it — especially with the Moon in a cooperative connection with Mercury at 10:53 AM ET. Mercury refers to how we need to think and communicate.
The past few days and next few days are under the influence of the Virgo Sun’s trine to Pluto at 7:05 PM ET, as well as its trine to Saturn on THURSDAY. We see an easy consolidation of earthly power and structures in all matters of will. Could be a CEO or head of state — but it also applies in your own personal world, especially if you have planets between 17 and 26 degrees of Aries, Libra, Cancer and Capricorn. What is consolidated likely incorporates the big vision — or delusion — of last week’s patterns involving the Sun, Jupiter and Neptune.
The rest of the week goes like this:
- TUESDAY — Leo Moon goes void at 11:10 AM ET, on a harmony with retrograde Mars. Action and assertion are facilitated — but as Mars is retrograde, do count to ten before lashing out in anger. Are you really angry at That Other — or is it something within yourself that has your knickers in a twist? The Moon void lasts until 2:37 PM ET. Roll with the twists and flakes; remember that crises that arise during voids are likely much ado about nothing. Chill! At 11:28 AM ET, Venus (women, art, social expression and money) squares Uranus, suggesting surprise upsets in Venusian concerns, as well as innovation and unconventional attractions. This pattern has been in effect for several days — and it’s no coincidence to see “Signs of Life on Venus Discovered with Hawaii Telescope” making news today.
- Moon enters Virgo at 2:37 PM ET, to clean up the confetti from Leo Moon’s party. Note that we are now at the end of the lunar cycle, sensing something new is just around the corner — but we don’t know what. This accounts for any listlessness or restlessness. Note also that dead Moons facilitate things you’d rather remain in the dark, including clandestine meetings.
- WEDNESDAY: cleaning, sorting and discernment are facilitated by the Virgo Moon’s harmony with Uranus at 7:24 PM ET — think outside the box. Good cheer and grand vision (or fantasy) are suggested by the Moon’s trine to Jupiter at 6:54 PM ET, followed by the fog of Moon’s opposition to Neptune at 10:04 PM ET. Watch for stories of BIG ideas and EMPOWERED opinions, suggested by…
- THURSDAY — Moon’s trine to Pluto at 3:05 AM ET, followed by a square between Mercury and Jupiter at 6:35 AM ET. Gosh, I hope this Virgo Moon suggests true and lawful order in the court. The New Moon in Virgo begins at 7 AM ET — time to make a list and reset your intentions for the next lunar cycle. Moon trines Saturn at 7:42 AM ET; Sun follows suit at 5:36 PM ET. Moon will be void between 7:42 AM ET and 2:56 PM ET, when it enters Libra. Chill during the void and contemplate your New Moon intentions.
Here is the New Moon in Virgo, set in Washington DC:
It’s fascinating that this New Moon is happening exactly at sunrise — notice the Sun and Moon are sitting right on the 25 Virgo Ascendant — but in the 12th house, not the 1st. There’s a private, insider’s perspective suggested. The Sabian Symbol for the last New Moon — in Leo — was….”daybreak.” Remember? And now we have an actual daybreak. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a horoscope with Sun-Moon exactly on the Ascendant. What you see — symbolized by the Ascendant — is what you get (the energy of the Sun, driven by the needs of the Moon). It’s all about discernment, refinement — a mental, practical, earthy refinement of details seeking perfection. Hmm.
Sun-Moon-Ascendant in Virgo are past their respective trines (harmonies) with Jupiter (expansion), Pluto (power/resources) and opposition with Neptune (fog/vision). Next stop: a harmony with Saturn in Capricorn, looking to structure those details into an ambitious, authoritative form. Hmm.
Both the Ascendant and the Midheaven are ruled by Mercury at 17 Libra, which 1) is exactly square to Jupiter; and 2) is sitting right on P45’s Jupiter. In general, we anticipate seeds for a big communication initiative or an opinion — in publishing or the courts, for example. Specifically, we anticipate that communication/opinions are likely to be related to P45’s expansion and fortune, for better or for worse. The Sabian Symbol for this Mercury is “two men placed under arrest” — suggesting a time out, a captivating piece of information and/or a suspension of normal rules — as things are sorted out — as Sabian Sage Blain Bovee explains. Hmm. The Midheaven refers to heads of state and CEOs.
Mercury will enter another shadow period and turn retrograde during this lunar cycle, so delays would not be unexpected. After Mercury squares Jupiter, it will square Pluto and Saturn, suggesting 1) extremes in mindset and 2) focused or heavy thinking, including potential blocks.
Not being a psychic, I can’t see the specifics of how the time stamp of this New Moon will manifest in the news, but we’ll all know it when we see it. You are more personally affected by the New Moon’s seed-planting potential if you have a planet around 25 degrees of Virgo, Pisces, Gemini and Sagittarius, including those born around the 18th of September, December, March and June. Consult your local astrologer for details.
The Sabian Symbol for this New Moon is “a boy with a censer” — i.e., “a youth carrying a vessel that burns incense to purify the air, evoking an atmosphere readied for divine presence,” says Bovee. Hmm. Such a scent could be arresting, too — or maybe it just stinks. “Incense” also means to inflame, which reflects the potential of Mars in fiery Aries, continuing through this lunar cycle. Bovee offers these coping strategies.
- FRIDAY: Moon in Libra seeks fairness and diplomacy in relationship. Humming in the background is a square between Mercury and Pluto that won’t be exact until next Monday. Mercury-Pluto squares suggest extremes of thought and persuasive communication. It’s great for investigative dirt & other news from underground.
- SATURDAY: Tension and power plays are released in the wee hours and upon rising, as the Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto and Saturn at 2:39 AM ET and 7:13 AM ET. Moon opposes Mars at 10:39 AM ET and then goes void. Bite your tongue; go for a run instead. Chill during the void; avoid impulse purchases. Moon enters Scorpio at 2:33 PM ET, seeking to restore power and control, using its deep understanding of the situation.
- SUNDAY: More dirt hits the fan, as the square between Mercury and Pluto gets closer. A surprise upset is suggested around 6:56 AM ET, as the Scorpio Moon’s need for substance is jolted by Uranus. Evening indulgences may be intensely deep, for better or worse.
And now, the news.
File these under Venus (women, money, art, social expression) square Uranus (out of this world, innovation, aerospace, technology, astrology):
- A story about that potential life on Venus — without a paywall.
- “Ancient python lays eggs, apparently without male help”
- Shere Hite, pioneering sex researcher, has died.
- “Progressive donor Susan Sandler to give $200 million to racial justice groups”
File this under Sun-Mercury with Jupiter-Pluto (power, expansion, publishing):
I promised you that the Sun with Jupiter and Neptune would deliver big ocean news:
- “Scientists baffled by orcas ramming boats near Spain and Portugal” (blowing off Mars retrograde steam?)
- In Australia, “Humpback whales make wrong turn into crocodile-infested river.” Yikes.
UPDATE: on Alexander Vindman, whose horoscope has at least two planets activated by Jupiter turning direct over the weekend. He’s breaking his silence and will be interviewed on NBC tonight. Another interview has just been published in The Atlantic. “Alexander Vindman: ‘Trump is Putin’s Useful Idiot'”
Supporting Vindman’s claims is journalist Sarah Kendzior, whose riveting book, Hiding in Plain Sight connected all the dots before most people knew there were dots to connect. Read it for yourself and you, too, may be motivated to volunteer for organizations that are sending out postcards to voters in swing states, encouraging them to register and vote. Kendzior is a Virgo, driven by Moon in Leo or Virgo — we don’t have a birth time. The persuasive force of her Mars-Pluto conjunction in oh-so evident in her writing style, which is relentless, ruthless and impressive. This conjunction — like patterns in Vindman’s horoscope — is being activated by Jupiter turning direct and by retrograde Mars. This suggests expansion and provocation, for better or worse. If this is the first time you’ve heard of her, you’re hearing about her now courtesy of what’s going on in her horoscope! Astrology is amazing.
What going on in your horoscope? Are you up for a period of expansion and/or provocation? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. If you’re not in need of a consultation, but find these weekly forecasts insightful and entertaining, Avid Reader Diane invites you to support the work with Moon in Leo appreciation, facilitated by the Cosmic Tip Jar.
Thank you for reading this forecast. Remember that all of the world’s problems have been resolved. We just haven’t gotten to that moment in time. But we will.