It’s another stay-at-home work week, this one starting with the buzz of the Moon in Gemini, chatting up a storm in an effort to keep everyone entertained and informed. As of 11:11 AM ET, Moon goes void on a square to Neptune, planet of visions and fog. It’s a fine day for a dreamy musical escape, even at home. Chill during the void — and do not make mountains out of molehills. Moon won’t enter the next sign — Cancer until 7:43 AM ET on TUESDAY. Chill!
Meanwhile, at 3:44 PM ET Mars — planet of action, assertion and aggression — leaves earthy practical Capricorn. Next stop: airy Aquarius, which seeks to consolidate that which is intellectual into a fixed social contract that can be built upon. Mars in Aquarius is the “rebel with a cause.” So we can expect action in the headlines involving rebellious and/or humanitarian concerns, some of which will have a technogeeky (Aquarius) or fringe factor. Think aviation, circuitry, freedom, astrology, outer space, uranium, what’s allegedly “best for everyone.” Those sorts of things — until Mars enters Pisces on May 13th.
The last time Mars entered Aquarius was in May of 2018, and it almost immediately squared rebel Uranus for the first of three hits. Here’s what was predicted back then. Now, the structures that were shaken up two years ago have an opportunity to take form with militant authority — or a smack down comparable to a brick wall. Why? Because on …
- TUESDAY — Mars will meet up with (be conjunct) Saturn at 2:33 PM ET. This is the beginning of a new cycle for these two planets. Remember how a conjunction is an opportunity for a FOCAL POINT? It is a time of seed-planting for the energy of action/assertion/aggression, combined with authority, structure and control. It will be expressed in ways that may be humanitarian…or simply detached and impersonal. It will be interesting to see how its authoritarian controls are expressed on a day with the Moon in Cancer. As you know, a Cancer Moon needs to establish emotional and home/homeland security. As for the fallout of the Mars-Saturn conjunction, all of the areas Aquarius rules are likely to be affected — some of which are listed above. If you were born around the 19th – 22nd of January, April, July and October, your horoscope is affected — and planning strategy with your astrologer is recommended.
- WEDNESDAY — good grief — it’s April — and just in time for the First Quarter Moon at 6:21 AM ET. The sensitive security needs of the Cancer Moon are challenged by the me-me-me initiative of the Aries Sun. After the dust settles, many may rely on intuition to get through the rest of the day, as Mercury and Neptune in Pisces trine the Moon.
- THURSDAY — choppier waters just before dawn ET, as the Moon opposes Jupiter and Pluto in Capricorn. The emotional and home/family security needs are challenged by the status-preserving needs of the 1%? That’s one possibility. Another possibility is an expansive happening regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. I think I mentioned in a prior forecast that Jupiter was conjunct Pluto back in 1918, at the start of the second wave of the Spanish flu epidemic. A pattern, perhaps?
- THURSDAY — lunch time may be pleasant enough, reflecting the harmony of the Moon with Venus at 12:50 PM ET, which then goes void. When the Moon enters Leo at 2:26 PM ET, the rest of the day may be volatile. The Leo Moon needs to shine, shine, shine — and when it knows it’s loved, it’s happy as a kitten. At 6:13 PM ET, the Moon is opposed by Mars, pitting ego needs against the needs of a bigger concept. At 11:40 PM ET, Moon squares Uranus, setting up a potential disruption.
- FRIDAY — another planetary shift, as Venus leaves Taurus for Gemini. Venus refers to who, what and how we need to love — and Venus functions happily in Taurus, as sign that values simple pleasures. Venus in Gemini may have difficulty choosing between two or more pleasures — and needs to talk up a storm in the process. We are going to learn a lot about who, what and how Gemini needs to love for the next few months — through August 8th. Why? Because Venus will turn retrograde on May 13 for six weeks, turning direct on June 25th. We’ll be reviewing our finances, social expression and aesthetics as only an information junkie Gemini can do. More on that as we get closer to May 13th. Meanwhile, the Leo Moon goes void at 3:26 PM ET — Happy Hour starts early at home offices everywhere, especially since Mercury meets up with Neptune at 9:15 PM ET. Another potentially dreamy escape– with music or your favorite rom-com.
- SATURDAY — the Leo Moon is STILL void — party on, dudes! Moon doesn’t enter Virgo (to clean up after Leo’s party) until 5:19 PM ET. If you’re lucky enough to have a big backyard or access to a deserted nature path, go for a wander. Meanwhile, there are two other patterns of note, and the focus is on power, resources and control. First Venus harmonizes with Saturn at 1:09 PM ET. Around 7 PM ET we see tension between Virgo Moon’s need for perfection and detail, as it is challenged by Venus in Gemini’s chatty indecisiveness. Can we really afford it?
- SATURDAY — At 10:14 PM ET, we have the first of three conjunctions between Jupiter (expansion) and Pluto (power, resources, extremes — and some astrologers say viruses, too). Will this weekend be a peak of some kind for Covid-19? I don’t know, though I do believe we may receive a bit of illumination around Monday.
- SUNDAY — no exact aspects among the planets, but tension is building to a release next week — suggested by a Full Moon and other stuff. Absorb the significance of whatever extremes of power and resources made themselves known in the wake of Jupiter-Pluto’s first date. Use the Virgo Moon to check the details and get organized. Get ready for another big week.
And now, the news.
Last week’s Moon-Uranus challenge was made possible by Rep. Thomas Massie, the Kentucky libertarian Republican who was more than willing to put the health of his colleagues at risk by demanding they all return to Washington for a roll call vote on the $2 trillion relief bill. Disruptive, right? And he has two degrees from MIT — in science!?? But guess what? House members from both sides of the aisle joined together to shut that guy down. Imagine that. A unified focus — reflecting the potential of planetary patterns. Massie was born on January 13, 1971. His 22 degree Capricorn Sun was supercharged and streamlined by Saturn-Pluto on January 12th and eclipsed on January 10th. For the rest of the year he’ll have two more hits of Jupiter and Pluto on his Sun, testing the limits (and wisdom) of his personal power initiatives.
Meanwhile, in some parts of the world, the Mars-Saturn conjunction is being used as an opportunity for authoritarians to seize greater control (with the excuse being the Covid-19 pandemic). That’s what happened today in Hungary, as “Orban Takes Sole Command of Hungary with Emergency Law” (that has no end date, not even a date for a review). My dream of visiting Budapest one day may be shattered.
UPDATE: Mars-Saturn is sitting on Jeffrey Epstein’s Sun right now. It doesn’t matter that he’s dead; the horoscope lives forever. This Daily Beast exclusive is behind a paywall: “Epstein’s Hollywood Pipeline Ran Straight to Harvey Weinstein.” Let’s see how this story has evolved by the end of June – mid-July. Looking for other sources for this story led me to a bit stating that Prince Andrew may be cooperating with investigators…it’s not quite clear (though what is clear is that the horoscopes of most of Britain’s royal family are under high developmental tension all year).
The Mars-Saturn meet-up in Aquarius activated the 0 degree Aquarius Sun in the 2017 P45 inauguration. We see potential for a provocative, militant streamlining on the essence of this presidency. Question is, will the controls come from the presidency (taking a page from Orban’s book), or will the expression of the presidency be attacked or squeezed? And how curiously disturbing it is to learn that P45 spent the morning on a call with Vladimir Putin. Whatever could they be talking about (other than the publicly stated topics of oil and covid-19? Stock tips? Recipes? Golf?
P45 was faced with a bit of a brick wall yesterday when he was forced to walk back his dangerous delusion that America would be back in business by Easter, and everyone should celebrate by
brunching at one of his hotels filling the churches. He had a feeling about that — this how he justified it — and having a feeling about something is exactly what we anticipate when Mercury is in Pisces (as I said in an earlier forecast). In Tampa, btw, a megachurch pastor was just arrested for packing churches during this pandemic. No word on what may happen to Jerry Falwell, Jr., whose decision to have students at Liberty University return to campus after spring break has resulted in one student testing positive for the coronavirus — and others displaying symptoms.
In other news, the Department of Justice finally gave a copy of the unredacted Mueller Report to DC federal judge Reggie Walton, who has questioned AG Bill Barr’s candor. I would still not be surprised if much of the foundation Mueller attempted to lay in order to bring certain Russian persons to justice may be erased, given patterns in Mueller’s horoscope. We’ll see.
I have a feeling…about Covid-19 that I posted on Facebook and people seemed to like it, so I’ll share it here. It occurred to me that the Amazon rain forests (and other forests) are the lungs of Mother Earth, a conscious entity. Humans have decimated the forests, depriving Mother Earth of oxygen. We have severely lowered oxygen levels in the oceans, too — that’s why there are “dead zones” — utterly devoid of life. It doesn’t seem to be a coincidence that Covid-19 attacks the lungs of its human hosts. I wondered if this virus is Mother Earth’s way of telling us, “This is what you’re doing to me. I can’t breathe. Please stop.” In forcing the immediate halt to human activity, perhaps Mother Earth is also buying necessary time. Breathing room. A space for humans to consider how they can help Mother Earth re-balance. What do you think?
I think it would be nice if America didn’t have a malignant narcissist in White House, crowing about his TV ratings while declaring the possible loss of 200,000 American lives a success. Fortunately many governors have stepped in to fill the leadership vacuum — even with minimal to incompetent federal support. Those on the Dean’s List include Gavin Newsom (D-CA), Gretchen “the woman in Michigan” Whitmer (D-MI), Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Andrew Cuomo (D-NY).
Since I wrote about Cuomo for the next Mountain Astrologer, I can’t say much about his horoscope here. But I can share one observation I didn’t make in the TMA article. P45 is a Gemini with Moon in Sagittarius. He needs to be respected for his righteous opinion, and he will do his darnedest to keep you entertained and focused on HIM. We don’t have a birth time for Cuomo, but he is the opposite of P45: a Sagittarius driven by a Gemini Moon. He needs to be appreciated for being the smartest kid in the room, delivering facts and figures that illuminate the Big Picture.
Y’know who else is a Gemini with Moon in Sagittarius? Jerry Falwell, Jr. His 5 Capricorn Ascendant was eclipsed in December and his Venus at 0 Leo is being opposed by transiting Saturn. That’s called a reality check scheduled in your cosmic calendar…and he’ll get three doses of it this year, so stay tuned.
Also getting a reality check, as Saturn enters Aquarius: Uranus, which apparently “ejected a giant plasma bubble during Voyager 2’s last visit,” to the delight of frat rats everywhere who can’t help but snicker at the thought of Uranus having gas. If you liked that laugh, here’s one about an astrophysicist who got magnets stuck up his nose whilst trying to invent a Really Useful coronavirus device.
So, like that. It’s my birthday and I got to do what I love to do –i.e., spend eight hours researching and compiling this forecast. Tomorrow I’m booked for consultations. It delights my Gemini Moon to be a source of information that is helpful, insightful and entertaining, especially in these seemingly chaotic times.
I can’t celebrate tonight at a restaurant, ’cause they’re closed. I can’t have friends over for a party, either — that would be foolish and inconsiderate — and is also currently prohibited. But if you find my efforts of value, I would be thrilled thrilled thrilled if you would take the opportunity to become a Faithful Monthly Subscriber of this forecast. I would love to believe that you find these insights worth the price of an exotic mocha latte or a modest glass of Gavi. If you have 17 hard aspects to Uranus in your horoscope and the idea of making a Faithful Monthly commitment scares you to death, I understand. My fabulous webmaster Mark Marshall has created a platform for Joyful Random Expressions of Appreciation, too.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with your friends. It’s been an awesome 11 years of writing :)