It started with a copywriting course at the Boston Center for Adult Education…
That was the opening line for a website I created as a portfolio in my past life in film and TV advertising.
That website is history…
…but sometimes it’s fun to review the past…
…so I’m putting a few favorites on this page.
It should surprise no one that Mercury was retrograde when I typed this.
Creative, resourceful writer, writer/producer, promoter and brand builder with expertise in nearly every form of entertainment and news marketing: film, television, music, home entertainment, new media and promotional events. Known for writing with wit, intelligence and elegance. Strong sense of storytelling and an especially keen ear for music and sound design. Skilled and effective director of talent. Versatile. Quickly grasps the essence of a brand and crafts a compelling message.
- Freelance promo writer/producer at CNBC
- Topical news on-air promo producer at WNBC
- Pitched, researched and assisted reporters with select news stories at WNBC
- Wrote, produced and directed radio spots for numerous NBC, USA and HBO TV series, movies, specials and news programs (multiple Promax Gold & Silver awards)
- Final Cut Pro producer & editor of funny holiday music video — destined to be a classic
- Named dozens of films and television series
- Developed positioning lines, decks and/or media kits for A&E, The History Channel, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel and Food Network
- Crafted taglines for hundreds of films and television series (multiple KeyArt Awards)
- Created concepts and scripts for dozens of film and television launch campaigns
- Wrote material for the 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards (2012)
- Wrote every word of copy on this website for one of the largest real estate developers in New York (2011)
- Wrote treatment for Tyrannosaurus Sex!, successfully pitched and aired on Discovery Channel (2010)
- Created brand identity, “The Best Bars in the World” for the classical music publisher Boosey & Hawkes; this catchy slogan opened numerous doors for creative services team pitching music to film, television and ad industry clients. Updated web site and wrote monthly e-newsblasts.
- Crafted executive speeches, brochures, event programs, trade and consumer ad copy
- Created scripts for corporate video presentations, notably for Wal-Mart and Accenture
- Built microsites for nbcnewyork.com using CMS
- Wrote sketch comedy, spec script for Sex & the City; collaborated on a musical
- Author of daily blog combining passion for news and investigation with joy of keeping people informed and entertained
- Initiated and produced public and private concerts promoting classical and jazz and composers (e.g. Steve Reich, John Adams, Charles Mingus) to film, television and ad industry clients, in partnership with record labels. Venues included SXSW, SummerStage in Central Park and the Sundance Institute/LA.
Promo Writer/Producer, CNBC (as of 2011); WNBC (2009)
Freelance Writer (since forever)
Senior Music Crisis Counselor, Boosey & Hawkes 2005-2008
Freelance Writer/Producer 2000-2004
Writer/Producer, NBC 1994-1999
ABC, ABC Family, Lussier, NBC, WNBC, CNBC, Bravo, NY1, Planet Studio, Ignition Print, The WB, HBO, FOX, USA Network, Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, Disney, Lifetime, The Hallmark Channel, BLT, Aspect Ratio, Burson-Marsteller, MRM Worldwide, Fenton Communications, LA Gear, SuperStock, Op, Durex, Canaletto Wines, Muss Development LLC
Listen: Guaranteed to entertain: award-winning radio for NBC.
Listen: More fun spots — for USA, HBO and the most seductive wine on the planet.