Helloooooo and happy Monday!
Ready for another action-packed week? Here we go!
- MONDAY: We’re driven by the me-me-me-first needs of the Aries Moon, hoping everyone will get on the bandwagon of its latest crusade. At 4:52 AM ET, Mars — which represents action, assertion, and aggression — left ruthless Scorpio for Sagittarius. Thus all that Mars symbolizes in the amazing language of astrology can be expected to push boundaries with righteous enthusiasm and opinion, because that is what the fiery energy of Sagittarius needs to do until January 25th. Note that on the Full Moon on December 18th, Mars will be at 3 degrees of Sagittarius, right on President Biden’s Ascendant. We can expect him to be especially assertive this week — and also be provoked and/or attacked; e.g., despite a roaring economy (as Heather Cox Richardson thankfully explains), his poll numbers are down — and the lamestream media just can’t stop talking about it.
- MONDAY: The Aries Moon trines the Sagittarius Sun at 11:03 AM ET. I hope you were up early, moving forward on your quest for world domination. Meanwhile, communication and information demand our attention, as Mercury (how we need to think and communicate) exits Sagittarius and enters Capricorn. Avid Readers will recall that the start of Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn is called the Aries Point, and thus we can expect people with corresponding planets in their horoscope to be prominent in the news. That includes Ted Cruz and Barack Obama. Mercury will be in Capricorn off and on through February because it will turn retrograde in Aquarius on January 14th, and re-enter Capricorn on January 26th. My teacher Noel Tyl used to say that Mercury in Capricorn “needs to hear the grass grow.” It is a practical, earthy, no-nonsense mindset, focused on getting straight to the point in an effort to Make Things Happen. Speaking of Mercury retrograde, if you ordered one of my Really Useful Mercury Rx Survival Guide Bookmarks, they were put in the post today. You can order yours — 3 for $6.33 or 5 for $8.99 — by using the Joyful Random Expression of Appreciation button — a.k.a. The Cosmic Tip Jar. They are fabulous stocking stuffers!
- MONDAY: an emotional catharsis or power play — likely involving our values, money, women, and/or aesthetics — shows up this evening, as the battering ram of the Aries Moon clashes with Pluto at 6 PM ET and Venus at 7:02 PM ET. Moon goes void on a happier note: a sextile to Jupiter at 9:52 PM ET. Chill until 3:10 AM ET on…
- TUESDAY: …when Moon enters Taurus, seeking to remain calm and preserve the status quo — regardless of whatever havoc may have been wreaked the night before. Another marker for potential havoc is the conjunction of Mars with the South Node, a point of destruction and toxic release. On the day Mars met up with the South Node in Capricorn in February 2020, Ahmaud Arbery was murdered while jogging through a residential neighborhood in Georgia (though we didn’t learn about that incident for a few months). If memory serves, there is a Mars-South Node conjunction in the horoscope of Monsanto. Anyhoo, a trine between Moon and Mercury at 5:19 AM ET facilitates due diligence and that is your marching order for the day. Pity the fools who persist in blocking progress — but may do so in the evening, as Moon squares wet blanket Saturn at 11:36 PM ET. The peasants may be revolting a few hours later, as the Moon meets up with rebel Uranus at 1:50 AM ET on…
- WEDNESDAY. There are no exact aspects to the Moon during business hours, so it may be challenging to get a sense of where the effort to build material comfort and security is going. A forgiving sextile between the Moon and Neptune at 8:20 PM ET offers potential cooperation.
- THURSDAY: Implement the plan in the morning. The Taurus Moon can draw upon power and resources as it trines Pluto and Venus at 6:28 AM ET and 8:14 AM ET. Maybe Santa Claus will pay an early visit, with comforting news that benefits the greater good around 11:08 AM ET, when the Moon squares expansive Jupiter. Chill during the ensuing void. Moon enters Gemini at 3:42 PM ET, seeking to gather information and get the word out.
- FRIDAY: Buzz, buzz, buzz goes the Moon in Gemini, but it’s stabilized in the morning by a trine to Saturn, exact at 12:57 PM ET. Build your case; make your argument. Emotions are on the rise, as the Moon waxes to fullness on…
- SATURDAY….at 11:35 PM ET. Note your dreams in the morning, as the Moon squares wiggy Neptune at 9:23 AM ET.
Here’s the Full Moon in Gemini, set in Washington, D.C.:
- The Sun at 27 Sagittarius is conjunct a point in our galaxy known as the Galactic Center. Here’s what was going on in December 2017, when the New Moon in Sagittarius was on this point. The Galactic Center is the center of our Milky Way galaxy, and any planet in touch with it is thought to be on the receiving end of a powerful — albeit subtle — channel of information. A Full Moon activating the Galactic Center is likely to bring some pretty far-out stuff to light.
- The Sabian Symbols for this Full Moon are “a man declared bankrupt” (for the Moon) and “an old bridge over a beautiful stream” (for the Sun). What strikes me about these Symbols is that a man declared bankrupt and an old bridge (which Sabian Sage Blain Bovee says may be on the verge of collapse), are human constructs and that the beautiful stream may continue to flow no matter what. It is fascinating that the angles of this Full Moon chart are within a degree of the former guy’s Sun-Moon opposition in Gemini-Sag, as well as President Biden’s 19 Virgo Midheaven and the U.S. Mars (action/guns/cowboys) – Neptune (fantasy/delusion) square. Neptune is right on the Descendant of this chart, suggesting that the public may be carried away — for better or for worse –by what comes out in the next two weeks. Gavin Newsom, Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg are also tied in with the chart for this Full Moon.
- Speaking of Blain Bovee, it is fascinating how many times he mentions the word “trump” in his write-up of this Symbol in his book. For example: “Someone is declared bankrupt by a higher authority issuing a decisive stroke of judgment. Sometimes such charges are all trumped up, mere rubbish or trumpery….Listen for social/political planks’ emphatic attempts to shore up old beliefs or projections; using one’s trump card to overrule; trumped-up charges in order to maintain the old ways.” You know I don’t believe in coincidence. Bovee advises us to be mindful of “ways to solve difficulties in effective ways; bridging life situations; getting beyond apparent irresolvable difficulties.” We are advised to go with the flow — rather than struggle against it.
- Venus is at its station, preparing to turn retrograde on SUNDAY. Humming in the background all week — like a horn blaring when leaned on by the driver of a car, matters of women, money, values, and aesthetics are a prime focus in the EXTREME. The extreme comes courtesy of Venus’ conjunction with Pluto, which sees no issue with bringing a bazooka to a game of ping-pong.
- Also humming in the background — and I can’t mention this enough — is the tension between the third square between old guard Saturn and rebel Uranus. In this contest, Uranus — which is the future — inevitably wins. The exact square on December 24th may come as a shock to the system.
- On the upside, the Moon’s next aspect is a trine to Jupiter, and the Sun’s next aspect is a sextile to that very same potential sugar daddy. Plus, Mercury in this chart does have some effectiveness and is in a trine to Uranus — reaching out for innovative ideas.
You are more personally affected by this Full Moon if you have planets around 27 degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, or Pisces. Consult your local astrologer for details. As a reminder, rates are going up on January 1st — the first raise I’ve given myself in three years.
Back to the forecast:
- SUNDAY: After the Moon trines Jupiter at 1:02 AM ET, it goes void until 4:41 AM ET. Moon enters Cancer, shifting our focus to emotional, family, home, and homeland security needs. This would be a good time for Congress to do nice things for the well-being of our country. At 5:35 AM ET, Venus goes retrograde in Capricorn, and here’s a link to musings about that — will write more this weekend. This post from May 2020 reminds you of some reasons why we are where we are today. At 7:31 PM ET, the Sun sextiles Jupiter in Aquarius, prompting gift-giving souls everywhere to purchase astrological consultations and fun Mercury retrograde bookmarks for all of their friends and relations. With the Moon in Aries today, I had to bring ME into it…and there’s no other gift that screams, “It’s all about YOU!!” than an astrological consultation, amiright? Here’s the 411.
And here is my favorite website of all times — and my gift to you — perfect for Venus retrograde and the holidaze. Does your state treasurer have money in their account just waiting for you to claim it? Go to unclaimed.org right now — and check every state in which you’ve ever lived — and let me know if you find a secret stash of cash!
I have a ton of news to report — but I have appointments to keep this afternoon. Check the website late tonight or tomorrow morning for an update.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and for being such awesome and appreciative Avid Readers!
Here’s a snippet of the 2022 Mercury Rx bookmark —
dates for the retrogrades and a survival guide are on the back.
Thanks to Beth Owl’s Daughter for the gentle nudge!