Alllll righty then!
First, if you enjoy your planetary insights via video, you can find my weekly five-minute Whether Gal forecast posted (usually) on Sunday night, as a segment in Avid Reader Alison’s cool podcast, 2022: The Year of Love. Sign up here and you’ll receive an email when it posts. I’m having fun using actual newspapers as props as a way of demonstrating the astonishing synchronicity of planetary patterns and the news. If you find it informative and entertaining, please share with your friends!
Second, Episode 14 of Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast — with co-host Whitney Fishburn will post this Friday. You can sign up for alerts here. A new episode is posted every other Friday.
Third, Avid Reader Stephanie wanted to know if I would offer a special report for this long period (seven months!) of Mars in Gemini. And since she asked, I said, “Sure!” So if you’d like a few paragraphs of personal insights on how your horoscope is likely to receive the transit of Mars in Gemini (including its two and half month retrograde, which starts in October), toss $52 into my Cosmic Tip Jar as a Joyful Random Appreciation. Please email me your birth data if I don’t already have it — date, time and place of birth.
There are a lot of planetary patterns up above that will be reflected in the action here on Earth over the next seven days. That’s the premise of astrology: planetary patterns – for some reason – reflect patterns in life development. Astrologers interpret planetary patterns as if they were a symbolic language that accurately describes past, present and future experiences through space and time. Got that? Astrology is a language. I don’t why it’s so accurate – but experience proves that it is.
This week we’ve got:
- Mercury trines Pluto on Monday
- Sun enters Virgo on Monday
- Uranus goes retrograde on Wednesday
- Mercury enters Libra on Thursday
- Venus squares Uranus on Saturday
- Sun squares Mars on Saturday
- New Moon in Virgo on Saturday
- Venus opposes Saturn on Sunday
Here’s how it goes:
- MONDAY: Moon in Cancer drives the next two and a half days with a focus on matters involving emotional, home and family security. Moon square Jupiter at 12:09 PM ET could have gotten your week off to an exuberant start, and with Mercury trine Pluto at 5:58 PM ET, it could have been an excellent day for deep thinkers, researchers, and investigative reporters. Today is the last day with the Sun in fun-loving Leo; Sun enters Virgo at 11:16 PM ET. Virgo is an earth sign (as opposed to fire, water or air), and thus associated with material concerns. Virgo is ruled by Mercury – how we need to think – and thus, Virgo is also associated with a analytical approach to said material concerns, and they are known for being perfectionists in exacting detail.
- TUESDAY: Moon sextiles Uranus at 10:50 AM ET. Reach across the aisle; form an unconventional alliance. Moon trines Neptune at 10:25 PM ET, yearning for a soulful connection — and it just might get one…followed by a potential power play or catharsis around 2:16 AM ET on…
- WEDNESDAY …as Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto. Communication about the Cancer Moon’s emotional security agenda flows easily around 5:40 AM ET as Moon sextiles Mercury. At 9:09 AM ET, see if you notice the shift in energy as the Moon enters Leo, providing a stage for drama kings and queens who might throw a summer party or a regal fit. Meanwhile, Uranus – which represents disruptions to the status quo – has been demanding focus over the past several days as it slows to a virtual standstill from our perspective on Earth.It’s not really going to move backwards, but that’s how it will seem. And the apparent dead stop in the sky is not unlike the driver of a car leaning on their horn. With Uranus – the blaring car horn is likely to bring headlines involving revolution, accidents, wake-up calls, seismic activity, aviation, technological breakthroughs – all matters symbolized by Uranus in the language of astrology — especially FREEDOM. When Uranus turns retrograde at 9:53 AM ET, it gives us until January 23, 2023 to review our thinking about what it means to live in a “free” society. Do we like the new laws that were passed since the last time Uranus went direct? That was on January 18th, 2022. In other news, walking and talking are aided and abetted around 2:16 PM ET, as Moon sextiles Mars.
- THURSDAY: Have a nice day. Seriously, why not? Find a way to shine and help others, shine, too. The Leo Moon trines Jupiter at 12:10 AM ET and meets up with Venus at 7:50 PM ET. At 9:02 PM ET, Mercury leaves Virgo and enters Libra, where it will be off and on until the end of October. I say “off and on” because on September 10th, Mercury will turn retrograde. This suggests that ideas generated now may be subject to review over the next couple of months. Note that as Mercury enters Libra, communication demands our attention. Why? Because 0 Libra is one of the four Aries Point degrees, that’s why. Anyone with planets at the Aries Point (0 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) is likely to make news right about now…and that includes our Aries Point Poster Boy, Ted Cruz. Off the top of my head, Liz Cheney, Alexei Navalny, Rudy Giuliani, Andrew McCabe, Elizabeth Warren and Edward Snowden are also ones to watch. A surprising revelation may hit the wires around 10:44 PM ET, as Moon squares Uranus…with an effort to regain control around 2:54 AM ET on…
- FRIDAY: as Moon opposes taskmaster Saturn. Chill, chill, CHILL during the ensuing 17 1/2 hour Moon void. Take an extra day vacation. Stick to routine. Roll with whatever twists and flakes disrupt your efforts to move forward in a straight line. No impulse shopping. Don’t make a mountain of crisis out of a molehill. CHILL. Plus we are now in the last hours of the old lunar cycle, suggesting a sense of restlessness or listlessness, waiting for the New Thing to begin. With no light from the Moon, it’s a fine time to be invisible or host an activity you hope will fly under the radar. Moon enters Virgo at 8:24 PM ET, ready to clean up the confetti from the Leo Moon’s party. Ohhhh…but there are still tensions to be released just after midnight ET on…
- SATURDAY…as Venus squares Uranus at 12:33 AM ET, followed by Sun square Mars at 1:27 AM ET. The former suggests unconventional attractions and upsets in matters of women, art, money and social expression. The latter suggests action/assertion, for better or worse….and it’s followed by a square between Moon and Mars at 4:11 AM ET. Whatever the outbursts of energy, they are the set-up for the New Moon in Virgo that begins at 4:17 AM ET.
Here is the New Moon chart, set in Washington, D.C.:
- The first observation is that I’m really low on observations this evening! Perhaps I’m picking up on the next aspect in the New Moon chart, which is an opposition between Venus and Saturn, exact on Sunday. Challenging aspects between Venus and Saturn suggest streamlining controls, cuts and losses involving women, art, social expression and money. Meh.
- The second observation is that this New Moon falls in the 2nd house, so for the U.S. it suggests a focus on assets and values.
- The third observation is that after the “mean girls” potential of the Venus-Saturn opposition, the next aspect is a sextile between Mars and Jupiter, suggesting an ease of action and communication in a diversity of expression.
- The Sabian Symbol of this New Moon is “a man dreaming of fairies,” although other astrologers refer to it as “A PERSON BECOMING AWARE OF NATURE SPIRITS AND NORMALLY UNSEEN SPIRITUAL ENERGIES”. Blaine Bovee’s take on this Symbol is so lusciously idealistic, that I’m just going to quote it here. Perhaps by putting it out to the Universe, the chances of it coming true will increase.
“A man dreaming of fairies” expresses an open sensibility, highly refined and attuned to issue of the individual carrying his/herself in accordance with a dream for all humanity. It just seems so possible, so doable. We could all be as one. We could be aware of how we are all as one and act accordingly, with understanding, appreciation and super-sensibility for all life.
You are more personally affected by this New Moon if you have planets or angles around 4 degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces. Refer back to the New Moon of February 2020 — the forecast is here. That New Moon was at 5 Pisces — opposing this New Moon in Virgo.
Back to the forecast:
- SUNDAY: Virgo Moon trines Uranus at 8:47 AM ET. That’s good for the “dream for all humanity” Bovee described above. What could throw a wrench into the works? Well…that Venus-Saturn opposition, exact at 2:27 PM ET. Who’s raining on everyone’s parade? An opposition between Moon and Neptune at 7:27 PM ET may lack clarity, but may also prompt a fantastic escape — made deeper by Moon’s trine to Pluto at 11:08 PM ET. Chill during the ensuing 6 1/2 hour Moon void.
Here’s Beth Owl’s Daughter’s take on this week’s potential, reflected in her always-in-sync Tarot Card of the Week.
And now, the news.
Told ya it would be a big week for President Biden, as Mars opposed his eclipsed Sun-Venus conjunction at 27-28 Scorpio, suggesting an accelerated advance or a curtain falling. Turned out to be the former, as evidenced by him signing the weirdly-named Inflation Reduction Act into law, with Mercury trine Uranus (innovation) and Venus trine Jupiter (good times for all). Barack Obama aptly called it a BFD, and Heather Cox Richardson explains what’s in it for you. And maybe it’s not so weirdly-named, given that Jupiter (inflation) is retrograde. Hmm. It’s worth noting that transiting Pluto is on the Midheaven of the chart for the Biden-Harris inauguration, and that Pluto pattern prompted many astrologers to opine that the Biden-Harris Administration was likely to be transformational — and perhaps empowering.
That “good times for all” trine between Venus and Jupiter curiously backfired for Sanna Marin, prime minister of Finland (the world’s happiest country). When a video of her dancing at a private party was leaked on social media, she became “embroiled in a scandal,” with some party-poopers reflecting the weekend’s delusional Mercury-Neptune opposition by accusing Marin of taking drugs. She took a drug test. No drugs — but meanwhile, Finnish women rallied in support by posting videos of themselves being girls who just wanna have fun.
OK, this Venus (brides, fashion) – Jupiter (expansion, abundance) story really is fun:
The Venus-Jupiter trine seemed apt for a WaPo story about how lipstick and lingerie sales may be used to predict the economy.
And how about this Jupiter love fest — as in — check out these photos of Jupiter, courtesy of the James Webb telescope!
But back to the Mercury-Neptune opposition, which suggests fraud & spirits of all kinds:
- “A Watermark and ‘Spidey Sense’ Unmask a Forged Galileo Treasure“
- Alternatively, “Map may prove ‘Welsh Atlantis’ rooted in fact, say academics”
Mercury-Neptune also suggests music, and how cool was it to see Willie Nelson on the cover of the NYT Sunday Magazine?
But back to Mercury-Neptune patterns and the potential for delusion. Add in the fact that Mars just entered Gemini, and perhaps you may recall I expected that Mars (war, aggression) in Gemini (words) was likely to be reflected in stories about a war on words. Check out this other story from the NYT Sunday Magazine:
“‘The Arizona Republican Party’s Anti-Democracy Experiment’ First, it turned against the establishment. Now it has set its sights on democracy — the principles, the process and even the word itself.” Astrology. Is. AMAZING.
It wasn’t such a great week for Rep. Liz Cheney, who lost the Republican primary to a woman lawyer named Harriet Hageman, who immediately lied on the TeeVee, telling Fox “News” that Cheney didn’t concede. Good thing Cheney recorded the concession voicemail she left for her opponent, so she could play it for Hageman and anyone else who needed to hear it. Good grief. We do have a timed horoscope for Cheney, and it’s clear she’ll continue to command our attention in 2023.
With Uranus preparing to turn retrograde, it’s not surprising that Russia’s wretched war on Ukraine now includes concern that an attack might damage a Russian-held nuclear plant in Ukraine. Note that in what we believe of Vladimir Putin’s horoscope, transiting Uranus is activating his North Node, and right this minute, transiting Mars is one degree away from his Gemini Moon. We see potential for sudden change, provocation and daring action going public. Toss in Sunday’s Mercury-Neptune opposition, and note that a“Russian Rebel Group Takes Credit for Murder of Daughter of Putin’s ‘Spiritual Guide’”
Other Uranian shocks to the system includes one that reflects its upcoming contact with Venus (money & values), and arguably last week’s Venus-Jupiter trine, too. It was “an eye-popping $1.6 billion donation to a right-wing nonprofit organized in May 2020,” reports Heather Cox Richardson. “This is the largest known single donation made to a political influence organization,” and here’s more on that story, along with other surprising shifts that happened today, all in HCR’s latest Letter from an American.
I leave you with a double-feature, as one must do with Mars in two-for-one Gemini. Randy Rainbow just released a new song parody (his version of “Yesterday”)...which led me to discover another one (“Thoughts & Prayers”) that was released earlier this month. Rainbow’s horoscope provides fascinating astro-logic regarding his unique take on All Things Political.
I’m also available to speak about astrology to your company, social club or any group of friends. Last week I did a Zoom consultation for a book club. This week I received two invitations to present my groovy PowerPoint about the astonishing synchronicity of planetary patterns and the news. I love love love talking about astrology to anyone and everyone — from total newbies to advanced professionals. If you think that sounds like fun, let’s talk!
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with your friends.