First, an announcement. I’m pleased to be creating a segment for a weekly podcast produced by Avid Reader Alison Woo. Her podcast is called “2022: The Year of Love” (which it really is, as you will recall that The Lovers is the Tarot Card for 2022). Every week Alison does a cool interview with a guest who presents Really Useful Ideas on how to live life better (e.g., feng shui, life coaches, chiropractor care, etc.). My segment is a “Whether Forecast,” i.e., a roughly 3-minute summary of what we can expect for the week, suggested by planetary patterns. It’s at the end of the weekly interview (if you like to listen to podcasts), or — if you just want the Whether Forecast, the video of that segment can be found here. You can sign up to receive notifications of podcast postings, and if you’d known about this last week, you could have watched the Whether Forecast for this week on Monday, so you wouldn’t be totally in the dark about what to expect.
But wait, there’s more! I was her guest on Episode 4 of “2022: The Year of Love,” and here is the link to that — in which we talk about astrology in general and the outlook for the first few months of 2022.
Podcasts are fun!
As for the weekly forecast, here are the driving forces of this Big Week of Action (as Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week affirms):
- First exact hit of the U.S. Pluto Return was Sunday, reflected in headlines within the past two days that make it abundantly clear that we are a dysfunctional, divided nation engaged in an internal battle for power and control (as Heather Cox Richardson explains)
- Mars and Venus are at 20-22 degrees of Capricorn, activating the January 10, 2020, lunar eclipse (which affected the horoscope of Queen Elizabeth II, as you can see in this next link about 1/12/2020), and the January 12, 2020, Saturn-Pluto conjunction. We use the former as a birthdate for Covid, since that’s when the genetic sequence was published. Whenever a planet activates 20-22 Capricorn (which it does whenever it is in Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn), we anticipate pandemic-related news. If you have those degrees in your horoscope (as does the queen), you may also be affected. Queen Elizabeth tested positive for Covid over the weekend.
- Jupiter is at 12 Pisces, activating the December 4, 2021, solar eclipse at 12 Sagittarius (which is the Ascendant of the most widely used horoscope for the United States). We expect the U.S. to expand its role in global affairs, and we expect a surge of expansion/excess in the world in general
- Mars and Venus are sextile Neptune, reflecting a bit of oil poured on troubled waters — which may not be for real. I’m thinking of Vladimir Putin calling the troops he ordered into Ukraine “peacekeeping.” That and five bucks might get you a copy of George Orwell’s 1984, which coined the word “doublespeak.” It’s relatively calm now. What concerns me are the conjunctions of Venus and Mars with Pluto on Thursday, March 3rd. Those suggest extremes of emotion, worth, action and aggression. A couple of days later, Venus meets up with Mars at 0 Aquarius, activating the December 21, 2020 Great Mutation of Jupiter-Saturn at 0 Aquarius — and also activating a truckload of horoscopes who are very much in the public eye, including President Biden, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles and many more.
- Mercury squares Uranus just as it exits its shadow period. We anticipate disruptions — for better or worse — in communication, technology, aviation, gender-bending, etc.
Here’s how the week went — and goes:
- MONDAY: No more Moon in Libra talk, as the Moon entered Scorpio at 4:19 AM ET. The mission is to prove to the world that one is right, deep and in control. Cue Vladimir Putin’s “spontaneous” security council meeting, essentially declaring that Ukraine has no right to exist. Note that the meeting was actually pre-recorded, as anyone looking at the watches of those present could tell. This reflects the pixie-dust potential of this week’s sextiles among Venus-Mars and Neptune. In your own personal world, you should be applying this practical, earthy energy (with its pixie-dusted spin) to making believe (i.e., sell the hell out of it) and then making it happen.
- TUESDAY: More Moon in Scorpio, whose quest for world domination may have been thwarted by the 11:53 AM ET square to the Moon from Saturn (authoritative control). Hopefully you recovered and kept on trucking — pun obviously intended — as Moon’s sextiles with Venus and Mars suggests strong potential for cooperation and communication.
- WEDNESDAY: After a four-hour Moon void which most in the Americas slept through, Moon soared into Sagittarius,= at 8:28 AM ET, now seeking to influence everyone with its righteous opinion. Get out of that state you’re in; go for a gamble or a gambol; take in a foreign film (Oscars are this weekend, if anyone still cares about such things in these interesting times). The sextile between Mars and Neptune is exact at 2:11 PM ET — great for sexy seduction — but caveat emptor! At 5:32 PM ET Moon squares the Pisces Sun: righteous, boundary-pushing opinions challenge impressions
- THURSDAY: Ebullience upon waking, perhaps, as the Sag Moon squares Jupiter in Pisces. Perhaps you enjoyed an exceptionally dreamy sleep, reflecting the rose-colored glasses of a sextile between Venus and Neptune, exact at 11:03 AM ET. How will NFTs and other idealized forms of worth and aesthetics make news today? What will you do with other inspirations in your own personal world? Nail it down with substance; get support from others today, supported by Moon’s sextile to Saturn, exact at 3:44 PM ET. Humming in the background and exact at 9:21 PM ET is Mercury’s square to Uranus — happening just after Mercury returns to where it was when it turned retrograde on January 14th, exits its shadow period and starts covering new ground. Mercury-Uranus squares “coincide” with revelations and other surprise, for better or worse. Moon goes void on a square to dreamy Neptune at 10:24 PM ET. Have a toddy and toddle off to bed.
- FRIDAY: A slow start to the morning, as the Moon is still void. At 11:27 AM ET, it’s all hands on deck as Moon enters Capricorn, driving the weekend with the need to Make Things Happen. You could make progress on those practical chores around the house.
- SATURDAY: Capricorn Moon is well-supported by the innovation and expansion potential of a trine to Uranus at 6:40 AM ET, followed by a sextile to Jupiter at 9:43 AM ET. No Moon void suggests you’re free to shop without worrying that what you buy may not live up to expectations.
- SUNDAY: Busy morning, as the Moon meets up with Venus and Mars in the most practical and earthy ways between 4 and 5 AM ET. Note the potential power play or catharsis around 9:49 AM ET, as the Moon meets up with Pluto — and then goes void for about four hours. No shopping! Moon enters Aquarius at 1 :35 PM ET, now seeking to network and appreciate the unique social significance of individuals, especially as they relate to larger groups. I know. Aquarius is so complicated…who’s yer buddy?
And now, the news.
It’s crazy out there. But we expected it, right? Here’s an article from 2006 — written by astrologer Michael Lutin for Vanity Fair. It’s about Pluto in Capricorn, the seven Uranus-Pluto squares of 2012-2015, and the U.S. Pluto Return. Read it and you will appreciate that — crazy or not — we seem to be exactly where we’re supposed to be. We will get through this — and rather than give you a laundry list of headlines today, I suggest you review some of the links above, which explain how we got to this point in time. Then, boogie on down to this uplifting song from my fave Joan Armatrading — because big brown bears are all over the headlines — symbolically and physically, too. Have you heard about Hank the Tank?
Here is Joan Armatrading on bears. Turn up the volume and dance!
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. We will have a fun and productive discussion together. Here is the link to the Cosmic Tip Jar, where expressions of appreciation are always accepted, with gratitude.
Thank you for reading this forecast.