TGIF — and happy first day of February!
If you haven’t consulted the Sneak Peek at the Week for this week, which outlined the patterns driving the action today and through the weekend, here it is again:
- FRIDAY is driven by the achievement-oriented Capricorn Moon. There is one exact planetary pattern and we’ve been feeling it all week. At 10:15 PM ET, Mars in trigger-happy, crusading macho speed demon Aries will square ruthless Pluto in Capricorn. If you have a planet or angle around 21 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, this provocative energy release will affect you personally. Consult your local astrologer for details.
- SATURDAY is still driven by the no-nonsense Capricorn Moon, albeit with greater emotional intensity than usual. It meets up with Saturn at 1:57 AM ET for a sobriety check, followed by a power play or emotional catharsis as it meets up with Pluto at 3:13 PM ET. One hour later, Moon clashes with Mars, facilitating your outburst, for better or for worse. The evening has a more tolerant vibe, as Venus in Sagittarius (pushing boundaries in matters of social expression) harmonizes with rebel Uranus. Here’s to unconventional attractions and best buddies everywhere.
- SUNDAY may start with a jolt, as Moon squares Uranus at 5:53 AM ET. It enters Aquarius just in time for the Super Bowl. Should be plenty to talk about, as Mercury (mindset/communication) will harmonize with expansive Jupiter. In fact, boundary-pushing social expression, women, money and aesthetics (see SATURDAY forecast) are sure to be prominent. Why? Because Venus will be at the Aries Pointas it leaves Sagittarius and enters Capricorn at 5:30 PM ET. Let the social climbing begin…all through February. Venus in Capricorn has that covered.
- On MONDAY, the Moon resets for a new lunar cycle in Aquarius at 4:04 PM ET — stay tuned, stay tuned, stay tuned.
Other than that, remember that we are entering the balsamic phase of the lunar cycle, a.k.a. a dead Moon. If you’re feeling listless or restless, this likely reflects the sense that something new is just around the corner, but you’re not quite sure what. Clean up your desk and your January agenda; contemplate your list of intentions for the new cycle beginning Monday. Note the potential for backroom meetings and any other action someone might wish to happen undetected. These are facilitated in times when the Moon offers little to no light.
And now, the news.
Mars in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn suggests macho men, brute force, news from underground, plutonium, guns, sports. Venus in Sagittarius trine Uranus in Aries suggests unconventional women, unconventional attractions, being a friend to all, new heights of social expression involving technology and aviation. Venus at the Aries Point adds the potential for instant fame. Mercury in Aquarius sextile Jupiter in Sagittarius adds effective and innovative communication involving foreigners, education, the media and sports. Humming in the background is Jupiter’s square with Neptune, coloring everything with potential references to the oceans, oil, refugees, drugs, spirits — all the bigger the better.
- From the NYT: “Rosemary Mariner, who shattered barriers when she became one of the Navy’s first female pilots and the first woman to command a naval aviation squadron — and who later successfully fought for a congressional measure that lifted a ban on women serving in combat,” has died.
- “Victim of ‘serial groper’ took justice into her own hands” — reports WaPo.
- “‘I’m going to die here,’ she told the guards. They didn’t listen” — reports NYT, on how a woman died within days of arriving at a corrections center work-release facility in Indiana.
- The Donald’s administration suspends key nuclear treaty with Russia;
- “From coast-to-coast, a new wave of teachers’ strikes could be brewing;“
- From the Chicago Tribune: “Detectives piecing together ‘digital puzzle’ as they investigate report of (brutal, racist & homophobic) attack on ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett’
- Brazilian oil company sells Texas refinery to Chevron — at a massive loss.
- U.S. secretly shipped weapons-grade plutonium from South Carolina to Nevada (this was news to Nevada);
- 33 arrested for sex trafficking in Atlanta in run-up to Sunday’s Super Bowl
- A report released today says 58% of Americans have experienced gun violence-related trauma;
- More revelations in the ongoing case against the Sackler family (owners of the company that makes Oxycontin), who are accused of deceiving the public and the medical profession about the dangers of the drug;
- The weather in the United States has been brutally cold; in Australia it’s been brutally hot
Moral of the story: a day driven by a no-nonsense Moon in Capricorn and the potentially brute force of Mars in Aries squaring Capricorn is not likely to produce warm and fuzzy headlines. These two planets are not marshmallows! Use this goal-oriented focus to get those items off your to-do list this weekend, powerfully and persuasively…before the Big Game.
Speaking of the Big Game, here’s one story that is not as harsh (and fits the patterns): “Duo set to make history as first male cheerleaders to perform at a Super Bowl.” And why not?
Thank you for reading this forecast. To find out what’s going on in your horoscope (and thus why things are happening in your life), here’s how to contact me.