Alllllllllll righty then!
I hope you enjoyed a lovely long weekend. Here’s how this short work week goes:
- Mercury turns retrograde on Friday night. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS BEFORE MERCURY TURNS RETROGRADE.
- Full Moon in Pisces on Saturday morning.
- Sun trines Uranus on Sunday morning.
But the lack of contact among the planets doesn’t mean a lack of action here on Earth. In my experience, several days of no exact aspects among the planets (except to the Moon) reflects a potential release or collapse, not unlike an ice shelf suddenly collapsing into the sea. Maybe we didn’t notice the cracks in the ice shelf’s structure before (created by a build-up of tension, which is what exact aspects among the planets suggest). Without the tension, there may be a long exhale…or sigh…or an “other shoe” dropping, and…there you have it.
[I wrote that paragraph 12 hours ago; now it’s 9:30 PM — and here’s an article about a glacier the size of Florida that’s ‘rapidly disintegrating.’]
It’s fascinating that Beth Owl’s Daughter’s always-in-sync Tarot Card of the Week begins with this quote:
The weight of the world is a trifle, if we all put our two fingers under it and try to lift together.
And let the record show that Beth’s interpretation of this week’s card — The World — has to do with culmination and completion.
Here’s how it goes:
- TUESDAY: Moon in Capricorn drives the day with a need to take care of business, supported by the innovative potential of a trine to Uranus at 5:23 AM ET. Tap into the powers of imagination for the rest of the day, reflecting the Moon’s sextile to Neptune at 2:21 PM ET, followed by a conjunction to Pluto at 5:42 PM ET. Chill during the six-hour Moon void. No impulse shopping; roll with the twists and flakes; don’t make a mountain of crisis out of a molehill. Moon enters Aquarius at 11:41 PM ET, seeking to be appreciated for its social significance. Do you know where your friends are? Get in touch; they’d love to hear from you.
- WEDNESDAY: Moon flows easily through the day, sextile Jupiter at 9:44 AM ET, trine to Mercury and Mars around 2 PM and 4 PM ET. Note that Mercury and Mars are both in their “shadow phases,” in preparation for their respective retrogrades. This suggests that ideas and actions taken now may be subject to review later, and we would be wise to manage expectations accordingly. Mercury (how we need to think and communicate) is especially in focus now, slowing to a virtual standstill from our perspective on Spaceship Earth.
- THURSDAY: A surprise revelation, followed by a necessary control (imposed by the nearest authority figure, perhaps), as Moon squares Uranus at 6:25 AM ET and meets up with Saturn at 8:33 AM ET. Chill, chill, CHILL during the ensuing 16 hour Moon void.
- FRIDAY: Moon enters Pisces at 12:42 AM ET, driving the next two days with a more emotional/intuitive approach, as opposed to the Aquarius Moon’s detached objectivity. A clash exposing a conflict of values greets us at 9:39 AM ET, as Moon opposes Venus in (never satisfied, unless it’s perfect) Virgo. If you’d like to fight further — in a war of words, perhaps, Moon’s square to Mars at 7:07 PM ET provides ample opportunity. If there is a spat, illumination and release may present themselves on SATURDAY morning, as the Full Moon in Pisces opposes the Virgo Sun. But FIRST, at 11:38 PM ET…
Mercury goes retrograde at 8 degrees 55 minutes of Libra. Here is what you need to know:
Contrary to popular belief, Mercury retrograde is no reason to freak out. Mercury retrograde gets a bad rap because we are geared, in this crazy modern age, to always be thinking, doing, moving FORWARD. You know what that gets you? BURN OUT. We need our down times, and Mercury retrograde is a perfect time to give our minds a rest. Why else would your computer, phone and/or car choose THIS time to malfunction? Because you are supposed to be slowing down. And as you slow down, it is vitally important that you FOCUS.
When Mercury is retrograde, be prepared for travel delays, scheduling screw-ups, mechanical breakdowns, computer crashes, having to repeat what you’ve just said, misunderstandings, the past coming back for a second look, surprise reunions and having to repeat what you just said. Use your FOCUS and double-check important details, like whether the restaurant you’ve chosen for a meet-up is still in business. Or whether it is booked for a commercial shoot or a private party — all of which has happened to me during Mercury retrogrades.
If you are looking for a job, Mercury retrogrades are a perfect time to reach out to people from your past. Mine your address book and trust that your contacts will be happy to hear from you. However, do not be frustrated if your target is away on vacation or keeps rescheduling meetings. Also, triple-check your emails and resumes before you hit “send,” as there is a higher probability of typos and other sloppy snafus.
In your business, you’ll need to make sure all communications have been received and are clearly understood. Be mindful of the higher potential for communications equipment to go on the fritz. MAKE SURE YOUR FILES ARE BACKED UP. Also be aware of a higher than average probability for delays in shipping and travel arrangements. For this you will need an extra dose of patience.
You may also find it profitable to REview a project from the past. Maybe you shelved it then, but now is the time to REconsider. However, be advised that a spontaneously, “out-of-the-blue” idea for advancement may not be so sound when Mercury turns direct. This is why the conventional wisdom advises against finalizing and/or signing contracts on deals during Mercury retrograde. An exception might be supported if you are REnegotiating or RElocating. If you absolutely must close a deal, triple check everything. The key is not to RUSH.
This is a good time to schedule a corporate REtreat. Any activity that affords the opportunity to REview past performance is encouraged. REsearch on a new strategy is also favored.
Mercury retrogrades are not favored for launching a new website or a new communications systems. There is a higher than average probability of technical glitches and confusion. REvisions, however, are A-OK.
In general, adopt a playful attitude of flexibility to whatever twists you encounter. Avoid making major purchases (especially electronic ones), unless your A/C unit has died and there’s a heat wave. Sometimes you just have to buy an appliance, Mercury retrograde or not. This is life. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Don’t believe everything you hear or read in the papers when Mercury is retrograde. Rumors have a higher probability of spreading. Avoid losing patience — that’s a big one.
When in doubt, be silent!
Do plan on RElaxing, REviewing, REsearching, REorganizing, REgenerating, REconnecting and REcreating….and REviewing your life with your astrologer.
Mercury will travel backward in Libra until September 23rd, when it will re-enter Virgo. Mercury turns direct at 24 degrees of Virgo on October 2nd. Mercury won’t cover new ground until October 17th, when it returns to 8 Libra. Mercury retrograde in Libra suggests a ton of “on the one hand…but on the other hand” discussions in a quest for balance. The operative word is is QUEST, as Mercury in Libra swings from side-to-side…BIG TIME. I say “big” because during this Mercury retrograde period (including Mercury’s shadow period), Mercury opposes Jupiter (expansion) three times. The first opposition was on September 2nd; the next two are on September 18th and October 12th. What comes out on that last one may be a boondoggle, as it will coincide with the first square between Mars in Gemini (a war of/on words) and Neptune (idealism; lies; scandal). Mercury is also in a series of trines with Pluto, suggesting that ideas and information being weighed during this period have depth, possibly in the extreme. Mercury-Pluto contacts generally bode well for investigative reporters. The Mercury-Pluto trines were/are on August 22nd, September 27th, and October 6th.
The Sabian Symbol for this Mercury retrograde is “three old masters hanging in an art gallery,” which Sabian Sage Guru Blain Bovee interprets as a level of excellence that may not be appreciated in its own time. Perhaps this doesn’t matter, hmm? Be excellent anyway. Whaddaya think? With respect to our mindset during this Mercury retrograde, we are advised to reflect on “finding a home where one’s creative visions can be hung; admiring a past in order to project a future.” Somehow we’re likely to see these themes in the news.
- SATURDAY: Full Moon in Pisces demands illumination and release in matters of boundless faith and feeling vs. sorting and discernment. The Sabian Symbol for this Full Moon is
“a gigantic tent,” suggesting a gathering place of like-minded souls. And with the next stop for the Moon and Sun being a contact with Uranus (inventor of unconventional alliances), we may see headlines of innovation and coalition — in technology and leadership. The Sabian Symbol for the Sun is “a ouija board,” and I invite you to read this post for the 2018 New Moon in Virgo for more on that and how astrologers can use repeating patterns to anticipate future events. Moon meets up with dreamy/befuddled Neptune at 4:55 PM ET and then goes void on a sextile to Pluto at 8:28 PM ET. Chill during the six hour Moon void.
- SUNDAY: Moon zooms into Aries at 2:47 AM ET, picking up the pace. Moon’s meet-up with Jupiter at 12:30 PM ET is inclined to expand with abandon. A harmony (trine) between Sun and Uranus at 9:09 AM ET suggests an easy flow of cooperation among leaders and innovation.
Here is the chart for Saturday’s Full Moon in Pisces, set in Washington, DC.
And now the news — briefly.
Artemis did not launch last week. As you know from last week’s Forecast, the chart for the planned launch on Monday had Neptune in contact with the angles of the chart — a potential dissolving of boundaries, reflected by a mysterious engine leak. NASA thought about launching on Friday, with Moon in Scorpio on a Scorpio Ascendant, which did not look promising, in my humble opinion. The third effort was on Saturday, starting at 2:17 PM ET — with Moon in Sagittarius (better for a lift-off) on the Sagittarius Ascendant. However, Neptune was at the root of the chart — and as it turned out, the leak was still causing problems! I’d be stunned if NASA is using astrology to pick these dates/times, but it’s interesting that all three of these launch possibilities had the Moon rising in the East. Anyhoo, the launch has been postponed until later this month or next.
In the chart for Friday launch, it is interesting to see that Mercury and Mars are in an approaching trine…BUT…because Mercury is about to turn retrograde, this trine isn’t going to happen. Remember when I wrote last week (commenting on the patterns among Mercury, Mars and Jupiter suggesting BIG ACTION and BIG THINKING) and added:
“So we have a rush of energy to process, & some of it may go nowhere, fast.”
In other words, no Artemis launch…and oh, by the way, that TFG-appointed, loose Cannon of a judge whose confirmation was rammed through the Senate AFTER the former guy lost the election, is throwing wrenches in the DOJ’s efforts to hold TFG accountable for his theft of top secret documents belonging to the U.S. government. Former U.S. Attorney General/TFG enabler Bill Barr declared Judge Cannon’s recent rulings “wrong” and “deeply flawed.” We don’t have a birth time for Barr, but I was wondering what sort of heavy, disruptive thought patterns he’d be dealing with as transiting Saturn and Uranus connect with his persuasive Mercury-Pluto square. Now we know.
Random headlines reflecting BIG news:
- “‘Fat Leonard,’ contractor in U.S. Navy’s worst corruption scandal, flees house arrest”
- “Brendan Fraser breaks down in tears; gets standing ovation for performance in ‘The Whale’ at Venice Film Festival”
- “Woman on beach finds fossil of unknown animal that is likely older than dinosaurs”
- “Tiafoe beats Nadal in stunning upset at U.S. Open”
- “How a record cash haul vanished for Senate Republicans”
We don’t have a birth time for Truss, but she is a Leo driven by Moon in Pisces, with the Moon potentially square to Neptune. Translation: a keenly sensitive soul, for better or for worse. It’s interesting that her natal Mars (how she needs to execute an action plan) has been under the intensely innovative/disruptive influence of transiting Uranus, and she’ll have two more transiting of Uranus on her Mars over the next several months. Her action plan is likely to be innovative, daring and possibly reckless. Both her Sun and Mars will be affected by the next two eclipses, and I’ll write more about that potential as eclipse season approaches. Meanwhile, transiting Pluto has been opposing her natal Mercury (how she needs to think), suggesting that her communication and mindset are in a period of persuasive power. There’s more, but that’s it for now.
Thank you for reading this forecast.
Aerial view on Statue Of Mercury in Lviv, Ukraine