Get it off your desk today and tomorrow, motivated by the enterprising energy of yesterday’s New Moon in Capricorn. More on that in a sec.
As of 3:32 AM ET, Moon is in Aquarius, seeking to be of social significance, appreciated for its uniqueness. Arise, go forth and talk all that up among your network of besties. At 8:44 PM ET, Venus leaves social-climbing Capricorn and enters Aquarius, sign of “I love you, but don’t take it personally.” It’s smooth sailing through Wednesday, when the only bump to the Moon will be a square to Jupiter, expanding whatever effort you are expending.
Moon goes void on FRIDAY at 6:52 AM ET, on a cantankerous tension with Mars (action, aggression). Some may be grumbling about a perceiving attack or outburst all through the void, which lasts until 3:26 PM ET. This is not the time to shop or make a mountain out of a molehill. Chill! A dreamy escape or vision may come to pass around 8:08 PM ET on Friday, suggested by a harmony between Mercury (mindset) and Neptune (vision). Great for happy hour or a musical interlude, too. Overall, we’re seeing a brief break in planetary action, which to me suggests that the kind of action we may be experiencing between now and early next week is similar to what we experience when a massive piece of an ice shelf suddenly — for no apparent reason — collapses into the sea. Sort of like a big ginormous exhale…
OK. About this New Moon. It happened yesterday (TUESDAY) at 9:17 PM ET at 26 degrees of Capricorn. Wherever that degree falls in your horoscope is where you’ll experience a push to make things happen over the next few weeks. Do so with innovative flair. Release the ties that bind. If you are the horoscope of the inauguration of P45, this New Moon fell on your Midheaven, activating your public status. If you are Steve Bannon, it fell on your North Node, activating your need for new associations with others to perhaps be made public. And your need for new associations would likely have an impact on the public status of the P45 administration. “Bannon has agreed to answer Mueller’s questions,” says WaPo. Coincidence or conspiracy?
You probably heard that yesterday’s New Moon has 17 planets in Capricorn. An exaggeration, yes — but the abundance of Earth in this New Moon chart is not. Things have to MATTER (which is what Earth is/does). Get down to business. Build your empire. How can we make this work? What is the best use for this person/place/thing/vision in my life? What is the strategy here? There’s an innovative and disruptive buzz suggested in this New Moon, given that the Sun and Moon are in a tense square with Uranus.
The Sabian Symbol for this New Moon is “a mountain pilgrimage.” Well, where else would a New Moon with 17 planets in Capricorn be but heading for the top of a mountain? But there is a spiritual component to this mountaintop, as this journey is a pilgrimage. Sabian Symbol Guru Blain Bovee advise us to be mindful of a need for “heightened awareness…deep inner meaning, scales of difference…a sense that something is brewing;” getting up off the couch and taking action for no apparent reason. Just like that.
All of the planets are moving forward from now until March 9th, when Jupiter — planet of expansion — turns retrograde. Get up off that couch and put your plan into action mode now.
And now, the news. Oy.
Uranus in a tense aspect with the Sun and Venus over the weekend suggested seismic upsets and other shocks to the system.
- Hawaii understandably freaks out over false “incoming missile” alert; another one just happened in Japan. Would it surprise you to know that the chart for the Hawaii snafu at 8:07 AM ET on Saturday had Mars (action! war!) with Jupiter (HUGE!) at the top of the chart? And that the top of the chart was 19 degrees of Scorpio, affectionately known as the cursed degree of the cursed sign?
- Uranus refers to earthquakes. Upsurge in big earthquakes predicted for 2018 as Earth rotation slows Uranus will be at the end of Aries for much of 2018; a planet at the last degree of a sign intensifies in action. California, as I’ve already noted, has Uranus and Pluto at 29 Aries. This is likely a year of disruption for California — for better or for worse.
- Uranus refers to uranium, of course. Uranium Miners Pushed Hard for a Comeback. They Got Their Wish. Explains why our beloved national monuments in Utah were reduced by 85%.
- Uranus refers to astrology — and oh look what a buzz we’re seeing in the headlines! “Why Are Millennials So Into Astrology?” asks The Atlantic? I haven’t read this piece yet — after all, there’s no mention of this forecast in it (insert snarky winking emoji here) — but I’ll tell you why astrology is “suddenly” so hot. It is hot again, as it was in the mid-60s and the early 70s, reflected by the Uranus-Pluto conjunctions of 1965-66. We just had a slew of Uranus-Pluto squares; we are in the aftermath; the pattern repeats itself; ergo, once again, astrology is hot. Clear? You can quote me on that. Alert the media.
- Saturn is opposing Venus in the U.S. horoscope, suggesting stories that are lean and mean, likely involving women. Plus, that Uranus-Venus square in general. Why does it cost $32,093 to give birth in America, asks The Guardian. And why is the mortality rate for women in or just after childbirth the highest in the so-called developed world? Reality check, here courtesy of Samantha Bee (video). Did you hear what happened to Serena Williams? While in labor back in September, with transiting Saturn squaring her Moon, she darn well nearly died — because doctors were not listening. With transiting Saturn now squaring her Libra Sun, she’s profiled in Vogue, sharing her sobering story.
What’s going on in your horoscope? Now is the time to call your astrologer for your annual check up. Don’t let a potent transit turn into the equivalent of an abscessed tooth demanding a root canal. Check in with your astrologer as you would with any other health care professional. Get the 411 on upcoming planetary patterns and plan accordingly. Here’s the 411 on consultations.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with your friends.