Monday 3/7/2022: Sneak Peek at the Week; Sun Conjunct Neptune in Pisces
Moon is in Taurus, where it’s been since Sunday at 2:59 AM ET. A Taurus Moon needs to build and maintain material comfort, which includes establishing relative peace and calm. So much for that big rabble-rousing convoy of truckers that descended upon our nation’s capital yesterday — sort of. Their Moon-in-Taurus mission: to slow down (!) traffic, by driving in circles around the Beltway. Slow and deliberate is the Taurus way — and that modus operandi is driving the truckers in circles again today.
After last week’s volatile planetary patterns, this week we have a relatively long stretch of days — until March 13th — with no exact aspects among the planets, except for those that involve the Moon. The pattern on the 13th is the annual conjunction between the Sun and Neptune, suggesting more of what we’ve already experienced involving the surreal, drugs, visionaries, pacifism, wipe-outs, floods, victims, toxins, viruses, refugees, water, oceans, oil, film, photography, etc. Anything intangible refers to Neptune, which denies and dissolves the material world, and in this case those intangibles affect the Sun, which refers to leaders, ego and the heart. It’s interesting to note that we had a similar lull last September, right before the annual Sun-Neptune opposition — and here’s what was going on back then.
But before we get to the 13th, we have this apparent pause in the action. I don’t know why these “pauses” coincide with events that seem like the sudden collapse of an ice shelf into the ocean, but that’s what I’ve observed over the years. They suggest tipping points…so…we’ll see. In your own personal world, you can get a lot done this week — so do it!
- MONDAY: An easy flow to the morning, as the Moon is supported by sextiles to Jupiter and the Sun, exact at 8:49 AM ET and 12:02 PM ET. Tension builds to a square between the Moon and Saturn at 4:55 PM ET, reflecting whatever authoritative advance, block or wet blanket making news or impacting your personal quest for world domination. The rest of the day is ripe for renewed vision, as the Moon sextiles Neptune at 11:02 PM ET.
- TUESDAY: Taurus Moon squares Mercury at 9:04 AM ET and then trines Pluto 30 minutes later. Persuasive arguments based on newly revealed information may make news. Stick to routine tasks for the next four hours, as the Moon will be void. Moon enters Gemini at 1:39 PM ET, looking to be the smartest kid in the room. This afternoon it’s likely to be buzzing about unity, as Moon trines Mars and Venus between 5:40 PM ET and 6:27 PM ET.
- WEDNESDAY: The Gemini Moon travels without interference throughout the business day. Today’s notable shift is Mercury — how we need to think and communicate. At 8:32 PM ET, Mercury leaves mental Aquarius and enters Pisces, where it will be until March 27th. In Pisces, Mercury is not interested in thinking as much as it is interested in believing. That is the Pisces mantra: I BELIEVE. Who cares if it defies logic and reason? Pisces feels it — and believes it. And feelings can’t be argued. They are as valid as any hardcore fact. In the realm of feelings, truth is subjective. Mercury in Pisces has an upside. It can facilitate vision, dreams and intuition. If you are an artist, scammer, healer or spiritual type, perhaps you can take Mercury in Pisces straight to the bank. Do pay attention to your dreams — especially this week — write them down. At 10:06 PM ET, note the potential for exuberance and expansion as Moon squares Jupiter.
- THURSDAY: Gemini Moon squares Pisces Sun at 5:45 AM ET, reflecting a clash between facts and feelings, but a trine between the Moon and Saturn (necessary controls), keeps it all together. Double-check the directions and clarity in communications this morning, as the next stop for the Moon is a square to Neptune, exact at 11:42 AM ET. Moon then goes void for the next 14 hours. You know the Moon-void drill: stick to routine concerns; no impulse shopping; roll with the twists and flakes that may disrupt efforts to move forward in a straight line. Remember that crises that crop up during Moon voids are likely much ado about nothing. Chill!
- FRIDAY: Moon enters Cancer at 2:24 AM ET, driving the next few days with a focus on home, family and homeland security. Perhaps Congress will be focused on those themes, too. The day begins with the intuitive flow of Mercury in Pisces trine the Moon, exact at 7 AM ET. There are no other exact aspects for the rest of the day.
- SATURDAY: Innovative and optimism in the morning hours, as Moon sextiles Uranus at 2:37 AM ET and trines Jupiter at 12:06 PM ET. This day has a potentially dreamy balance, as Moon trines Sun at 11:52 PM ET, followed by a trine to Neptune at 12:25 AM ET on…
- SUNDAY: …with more dreams courtesy of the Sun and Neptune conjunction in Pisces at 7:42 AM ET. potential for vision, especially in leadership, as the Sun refers to leaders — of business and state. Sun-Neptune in Pisces also refers to fish, as you can see from one of my favorite Sun-Neptune headlines from 2015:
Here is another apt Sun-Neptune headline from the past:
- SUNDAY: Dreams aside, we see potential for an emotional catharsis or power play around noon ET, as Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto and then goes void for about four hours. Chill! At 3:31 PM ET, Moon enters Leo — hopefully to take the stage and shine or play. That would be the upside. Downside: drama kings and queens on the loose, mugging for the camera and issuing royal edicts.
One advantage of a late-night forecast is that I can link Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week — always in sync with planetary patterns!
A warm welcome to new Avid Readers who found me through hecatedemeter’s wonderful blog!
And now, the news.
So many patterns happening last week! If you’d like to listen to — instead of read — a recap of what went down, you can hear Whitney Fishburn and I talk about all of it on our latest podcast, OFF THE CHARTS: A Stellar Newscast. We recorded it last Tuesday, just before the State of the Union. We’ll drop another episode next week — don’t miss it!
The week went as anticipated, with an uptick in aggression involving ruthless force and power on Thursday — which thankfully subsided as the conjunctions involving Venus, Mars and Pluto in Capricorn faded in the rear-view mirror:
It was expected that the pixie-dust of the sextiles among Mars, Venus and Neptune the week before would be replaced by the reality check or clampdown of last week’s Mercury (mindset) – Saturn (heavy) conjunction:
- “Captured Russian military leader stunningly detailed how he and his soldiers were lied to about the purpose of the invasion in Ukraine” — this links to a video
- A freeze on Russian assets was observed to dramatically reduce the number of “anti-Biden American patriots” on social media
- Journalist Eric Boehlert reports on how Putin has “outlawed journalism,” by shutting down any outlet that doesn’t agree with him — and by threatening foreign journalists reporting from Russia.
Add that mental gravitas to the three-pronged conjunction of Mars-Venus-Pluto, and we see that reflected in scores of headlines involving corruption exposed and/or actions based on transformed values e.g., money, the arts, social expression:
- “Russian oligarch resigns from board of Guggenheim Museum, which condemns invasion in Ukraine”
- “Russian oligarchs have given skabillions to U.S. charities, universities, museums, etc.”
- “Don’t Say ‘Gay’ Bill” which aims to restrict what can be discussed about gender identity and sexual orientation in Florida “schools” is expected to pass today
- If you missed Kate McKinnon’s take on that bill, here’s the clip from the latest SNL. Meanwhile, Disney — which has a big stake in Florida — continues to donate to the Republican legislators who support the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. Disney CEO “defends decision not to speak out against the bill” in a memo to staffers consisting of 17 blank pages. OK, I made those last three words up.
- We can imagine Florida not wanting to be outdone by Texas, where Governor “Mars conjunct Neptune in Scorpio” Abbott directed the state’s “child protection” services to investigate parents who are providing support for a transgender child. Mars-Neptune in Scorpio suggests ruthless fanaticism.
- Heather Cox Richardson summarizes the action on March 3rd, the day of the triple conjunction. See how quickly values have changed, especially with respect to money.
Speaking of HCR, last week she posted an interview with President Biden, recorded on February 25th! I was thrilled that she asked him about Franklin Delano Roosevelt and discussed the similarities between their administrations. Why? Because the comparison is in sync with the patterns I observed in both horoscope last May, and there was a third hit of those patterns in mid-February! You can read my piece about the synastry between Biden and FDR, along with an update on VP Harris’ horoscope right here.
Speaking of President Biden, he delivered his State of the Union address last Tuesday, with themes in sync with the current astrological zeitgeist — e.g., a “Unity Agenda for the Nation,” which included “[f]our big things we can do together”: beat the opioid epidemic, make the way we address mental health equal to the way we address physical health, support our veterans, and end cancer as we know it.” “Unity” reflects the ongoing side-by-side march of Venus and Mars. File “opioids” and “mental health” and “ending cancer” under the wish-fulfilling, empathy-driven, healing potential of Sun-Jupiter-Neptune in Pisces…with so much more to come over the next several weeks, as we approach the conjunction of Jupiter (expansion) and Neptune (already described) in Pisces (ditto). And when Saturn enters Pisces next year, we will really see some serious structures to address these visionary ideals.
Saturday’s Sun-Jupiter conjunction suggested BIG NEWS, as in:
- Last Friday’s jobs report was good — beyond expectations
- But BIG can apply to things you’d rather not expand when Jupiter is involved. Thus, we are seeing more news about worldwide inflation, along with rise in oil prices (though gas prices in the U.S. now are nowhere near as high as they’ve always been in Europe). That’s likely to continue, especially as we get closer to the Jupiter-Neptune conjunction in mid-April.
- It’s official: the Hunga Tongo volcanic eruption on January 15th set a world record.
I’m thinking the Sun-Jupiter-Neptune in Pisces conjunctions are aptly reflected by the big boats being seized from Russian oligarchs, da?
Another apt reflection would be the desire to relax boundaries — and here I’m thinking about Covid mask mandates. Jupiter is boundless, and to Pisces, we are all connected. I appreciate why these safety protocols are being ditched now, but if I haven’t said this before, I’m saying it now: I’m not ditching my mask anytime soon. For now, we all get to decide for ourselves how to preserve our health and well-being.
Speaking of health and well-being, I noted last week that Queen Elizabeth’s horoscope was activated over the weekend that we should be hearing something about her being provoked or especially assertive. Today she made her first in-person appearance since being diagnosed with Covid last month. She met with Justin Trudeau. God save the Queen! Meanwhile, President Zelenskyy of Ukraine gave a speech tonight — from his office in Kyiv. That man is a profile in courage.
Finally, Avid Readers will recall that VP Kamala Harris’ horoscope is in an especially empowered period of development. Yesterday, on the 57th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, she led a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama. If you do not know the full history of that historic bridge, Heather Cox Richardson explains it all for you.
That’s it for now. Any questions? What’s going on in YOUR horoscope?
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations.
Here’s the link to the Cosmic Tip Jar, if you find yourself learning a boatload of Really Useful Stuff and would like to express appreciation — especially if you are a practicing astrologer or student of astrology.
Thank you for reading this forecast.