- FRIDAY: Note your dreams, as Mars (action, assertion, anger) trines Neptune (which tends to dissolve what it touches) at 3:35 AM.Then, at 9:51 AM ET, Sun trines Neptune, suggesting that themes noted above likely involve leaders of business and state. Innovation and unconventional alliances are boosted by Moon’s trine to Uranus at 2:51 PM ET; a sextile to Neptune at 9:52 PM ET takes the edge off of whatever pointed action is about to hit, aided by sextiles between the Moon, Sun and Mars at 10:48 PM ET and 10:51 PM ET, respectively.
- SATURDAY: Pointed action reflects the conjunction of the Sun and Mars at 12:41 AM ET. Mars meets up with the Sun every two years. Headlines in the wake of past Sun-Mars conjunctions can be found here and here and here.
- SATURDAY: Moon meets up with Pluto at 3:27 AM ET, suggesting our weekly appointment with power plays and catharses. Chill during the three-hour Moon void. Moon enters Aquarius at 6:27 AM ET, inspiring us to hang with friends and other like-minded souls. Being recognized for one’s unique social significance within the construct of a group is an Aquarian dream come true. We may see expansive efforts to realize that dream, as Moon squares Jupiter at 8:49 PM ET.
- SUNDAY: No lunar speed bumps in the early part of the day. Moon trines Venus at 3:12 AM ET, and sextiles Mercury at 5:38 AM ET. The weekend is ripe for cooperation among the Powers That Be, and we may hear about some of that this evening, as Moon squares Uranus (surprise, surprise) at 5:53 PM ET.
- MONDAY: More tension may get us up on the wrong side of the bed, as Moon squares Mars and Sun at 4:38 AM ET and 5:49 AM ET, and then goes void for almost four hours. East Coasters, I understand if oversleep, and if you do, it’s of no consequence. Roll with the twists and flakes that disrupt your early morning, and chill. Moon enters Pisces at 9:29 AM ET, beginning a two-day exercise in empathy as we travel about the country to our Thanksgiving destinations (here in the US). The sobering focus comes courtesy of the Moon’s meet-up with Saturn at 10:44 AM ET, and actions taken on that gravitas is likely to be efficient, for better or worse. I say this because after Sun and Mars meet up in Scorpio on Saturday, they both sextile Pluto on Monday and Tuesday, respectively.
And now, the news.
The US government did not shut down over the weekend, as Congress was able to cobble together a plan to keep essential services and wages paid until January 19 (for some stuff) and February 2 (for other stuff). Heather Cox Richardson has the details. I’m not surprised a deal was reached, even though a week ago Friday, Sen Patty Murray, Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee called the staggered plan
“the craziest, stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of.”
But, hey — planetary patterns last week were generally weirdly conflict-avoidant, with the exception of notable outbursts of surreal aggressive threats. Thus, crazy-stupid was going to sell. Make a note of planetary patterns whenever you have a crazy-stupid agenda in mind.
I expect cuts, blocks, and losses around Thanksgiving, reflecting the squares between Sun-Mars and Saturn next Thursday and Saturday. If the deadline to avert a shutdown was at the end of next week, it would have been more likely to happen, I believe. And whatever does happen may well be heavy, so count your blessings this weekend. .
This week’s headlines reflected the rebellious potential of Monday’s Sun-Uranus opposition, coupled with the idealism potential of Mercury sextile Venus. Was it for real? Sun-Mars trine Neptune suggests the jury is still out, much as Sun-Mars in Scorpio is spoiling for a fight.
- “Magicians less prone to mental disorders than other artists,” (who are more psychotic). Sun-Uranus and Mars-Neptune suggest magic!
- “It’s time to end magical thinking about Russia’s defeat” — op-ed in the Wall Street Journal
- “GOP reveals latest J6 conspiracy theory: the ghost bus“ — as we learned from Rep. Clay Higgins (R-TX) as he grilled Chris Wray in a congressional hearing. FWIW, Wray is the FBI Director, not the head of Homeland Security, though not according to Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA). Buses refer to Mars; ghosts and conspiracy refer to Neptune.
- “Scientists discover first-ever ‘vampire virus’ latched to neck of mind flayer” — it’s surreal and oh-so-Mars-Neptune-y
- The Keālia Pond in the Keālia Pond National Wildlife Refuge on Maui has turned bright pink.
- In another congressional hearing, Sen. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) almost got into a physical fight with Teamsters Union president Sean O’Brien, until 82-year-old Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) de-escalated the testosterone. Here’s Stephen Colbert with the replay.
- Remember the Sabian Symbol for last week’s New Moon in Scorpio? It was “a soldier derelict in his duty.” Guess whose impeachment for — “dereliction of duty” — floated up into the sky and popped like the proverbial soap bubble? Alejandro Mayorkas. He is not the head of the FBI, but rather, the actual Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.
- President Biden had a four-hour meeting in San Francisco with Xi Jinping China’s president-for-life. The agenda was — not surprisingly — all Mars-Neptune. They agreed to “recommence military communications…and strengthen cooperation on stopping the flow of what are known as precursor chemicals—the chemicals needed to make street fentanyl...” and HCR has further details on that and the rest of the conference the two leaders attended.
- Perhaps more importantly, China is going to send the US more pandas…after recalling the penultimate set from DC last week. Pandas have nothing if not charisma, and thus are totally Mars-Neptune.
This is a serious one…long overdue…but that’s how long it’s taken to have Sun-Mars in Scorpio trine Neptune for a cosmic prompt. The Washington Post published an interactive exclusive, “American Icon: Terror on Repeat,” and it is “photographs and videos taken during the immediate aftermaths of some of the nation’s deadliest mass shootings .” Right now it is the most-viewed article on the WaPo website. Maybe if enough people see it…something will change.
- “Capitol Police violently attack demonstrators at ceasefire protest at DNC headquarters.” Ceasefire = Mars-Neptune; violence = Sun-Mars in Scorpio. Today, there are protests and arrests in New York City.
- “Fox Sports’ commentator Charissa Thompson sparks backlash after saying she’d ‘make up’ coaches’ comments during NFL sideline reports” –– fraud, sports, Mars, Neptune
- I’ll let Stephen Colbert tell you about the Botox, Only Fans, and other Mars-Neptune crimes that were included in the House Ethics Committee report re: compulsive fraudster George Santos (R-NY), who has finally announced he will not seek re-election next year.
In other news…
Sun-Mars in Scorpio is a stubborn pattern, and remember Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week suggesting prominent themes of standing one’s ground (on the other hand), or taking the high road?” For the former, have you seen the former guy’s former lawyer Jenna Ellis explain on tape how White House staffer Dan Scavino told her last December that the former guy did not plan to leave office, and did not care what the laws required?
When they show you who they are, believe them.
Sun-Mars in Scorpio is an apt pattern for the launch of a ginormous rocket.
Finally, Mars-Neptune can reflect miracles, as in the “miracle dog” who was found by her (sadly) deceased owner’s side after both went missing in Colorado mountains ten weeks ago. I wish that story had a happier ending, which is why I have posted adorable pandas below.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. We will have an enlightening discussion together.