The Moon is in Aquarius, continuing to drive the energy of the day with a need for social significance and — at its best — for humanitarian concerns. Arise, go forth and network. Meanwhile, patterns I told you about on Friday are happening today and tomorrow:
- Sun sextile Neptune at 9:57 AM ET Sunday (yesterday)
- Mercury square Pluto on Monday (today) at 4:49 AM ET
- Venus square Neptune on Monday at 5:59 PM ET
- First Quarter Moon at 10:09 PM ET
- Sun opposite Jupiter on TUESDAY 8:39 PM ET
In sum, we’re looking at themes of artsy/feminine/romantic ideals and illusions combined with a ruthless and deep perspective, pushed to excess or simple indulgence. Humming in the background is the disruptive buzz of the building tension between Mars and Uranus, to be released on the 16th. Add in themes of seismic activity, technological advances, revolts and innovation in yang arena. Also humming: an approaching harmony (trine) between Jupiter and Neptune, exact on May 25th. Jupiter-Neptune contacts suggest healing, physicians, faith, spiritual leaders…as well as scandal, drugs, oil and scandal.
As we get closer to the end of the week, factor in three other patterns. First, a harmony (trine) between the Sun and Pluto, exact FRIDAY at 7:07 PM ET. This potent alignment between the Sun and regenerative Pluto suggests news from underground, corruption exposed and/or resolved, oil and gas (underground resources) and healing. It also suggests a heavy consolidation of power and resources. Here’s a blurb about world news under a Sun-Pluto trine back in 2014.
On Friday– and over the weekend — Mercury will pull focus, squaring Mars on SATURDAY at 9:30 AM ET…and meeting up with rebel Uranus on SUNDAY at 6:49 AM ET. This suggests combative, disruptive communication which shatters convention, for better or for worse. Cooler heads may prevail — eventually — when Mercury leaves fiery, impulsive Aries for earthy, slowpoke Taurus on SUNDAY at 8:40 AM ET.
In your own personal world, those born around the 7th – 11th of May, August, November and February may be reaping the potential of cosmic sugar daddy Jupiter’s supercharged contact with their Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius Suns. Who loves ya, baby? How are you being offered opportunities to expand your reach? Downside potential: expansion is not always helpful if you have — say — a heart condition or a bad case of hubris. In those circumstances, consciously reining in overindulgent urges may serve you better in the long run.
What’s going on in your horoscope? Does the rest of the year suggest a period of expansion or contraction? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. We will have an excellent discussion together. For Avid Readers planning to attend UAC — a.k.a. the Big Fat International Astrology Conference in Chicago this month, I will be available for appointments.
And now, the news — reflecting themes described above:
- “How the Music Industry Overlooked R Kelly’s Abuse of Young Women.”
- Charlie Rose is being sued by three women, accusing him of sexual harassment
- “‘Smoke and Mirrors’ — Emails Detail Pruitt’s Drive for Secrecy at the EPA”
- “How Michael Cohen, Trump’s Fixer, Built a Shadowy Business Empire” — front page of the Sunday NYT
- On the cover of the NYT magazine: “Crime Pays: Thrilling Tales of Fraud, Kickbacks, Money Laundering, Hacking, Forgery, Insider Trading and More.”
- “No Wonder There’s an Exodus from Religion” — trending in the top five on WaPo for the past two days
- Regardless, the House chaplain fired in recent days by House Speaker Paul Ryan decided to fight back — and he won
- In the Top 10 over at The Guardian: “Did the Dying Stephen Hawking Mean to Strengthen the Case for God?”
- File under “excess” and “consolidation of power:” Vladimir Putin was sworn in for his fourth term — extending his stay as Russia’s top dog for another six years.
- File under: largess and a shrewd feminine perspective: 96-Year-Old Secretary Quietly Amasses Fortune, Then Donates $8.2 Million
- Another shrewd feminine perspective: Maureen Dowd’s latest, “The Naked Truth About Trump,” especially the first four paragraphs. Instead of that being the story dominating the headlines, the lamestream media focused on alleged swipes at Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ appearance — which — as reported here last week — is a direct reflection of transiting Uranus squaring Ms. Sanders’ Venus.
If you need a laugh at the ongoing White House mishegas, I leave you with SNL’s cold open from Saturday — it sharp, jam-packed, star-studded, scandalous and over-the-top. Kinda like current planetary patterns.
Thank you for reading this forecast.