Monday 6/13/2022: Sneak Peek at the Week; Full Moon in Sagittarius; Mercury in Gemini; Sun & Venus Dance with Saturn & Neptune
Alllll righty then!
First, Episode 9 of Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast is up and running, and I gotta say, my co-host Whitney Fishburn writes the best synopses of our bi-weekly astro-logical podcasts. Do have a look — and then have a listen. Comments always welcome! We’ll be back with more in mid-July.
I am riveted by Episode 2 of the J6 Committee’s televised hearings, which was supposed to begin at 10 AM ET. Looking at the chart for that time and place, do you think they started on time, with Venus-Uranus square the Leo Ascendant? A disruption would be anticipated, and as it turns out, a witness had to back out of testifying in person, because his wife (Venus) had gone into labor (Sag Moon trine Jupiter at 3:25 AM ET). Surprise! (Venus-Uranus).
Could an astrologer find a likely time for the actual start? Sure. Fast forward to 10:46 AM ET, with Saturn (authority) opposing the Ascendant; Venus on the Midheaven. At 10:45 AM ET, the committee members entered the hearing room, and Rep. Bennie Thompson smacked the gavel, formally starting the hearing at……10:46 AM ET. Astrology is amazing.
Here’s how the week goes:
- MONDAY: No sleeping in. There is no Moon void, and the Sagittarius Moon is cruising through the cosmos, supported by Jupiter (big!) at 3:25 AM ET and by Mars (action!) at 6:05 PM ET. At 11:26 AM ET, Mercury — now back up to speed after its retrograde period — returns to its home sign of Gemini, buzzing with facts and figures until July 5th. These next few weeks are excellent times time for negotiation, communication and closing deals. Moon in Sagittarius needs to push boundaries and command respect for its righteous opinion. Take a walk in the woods; catch a foreign film; expand your mind and broaden your horizons. Emotions are running high today as the Sag Moon waxes to fullness on…
- TUESDAY at 7:51 AM ET. Here’s what that looks like, set in Washington, D.C.:
- Sun and Moon are in contact with Saturn and Neptune. Moon sextiles Saturn at 10:37 AM ET, and then squares Neptune minutes later. Watch for themes of structure, law & reality, followed by fog, deception, conspiracies, healing and/or vision. This pattern repeats on Thursday, as the Sun trines Saturn and squares Neptune. We are going to be dealing with simultaneous offerings from Saturn (real) and Neptune (unreal) until February 2023, so get used to it.
- Venus (women, money, art, social expression) is in a square to Saturn and a sextile to Neptune. Women who mean business would be an upside potential, and we are seeing plenty of those in the J6 hearings. A downside potential of Venus square Saturn would be controls imposed on women by would-be authoritarians or simple scarcity (e.g., a tampon shortage). Keep that in mind if SCOTUS makes news. Venus-Neptune seeks sweet music and other random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
- Sun and Moon are in the 12th and 6th houses, respectively. This shines light on hidden enemies, confinement, hospitals and the self-undoing…and also workers, enslavement and health concerns.
- This Full Moon at 23 Sagittarius activates the solar eclipse of December 14, 2020 — here’s what was going on back then, including the vote of the Electoral College, affirming Joe Biden’s victory over the Defeated Former Guy.
- The Sabian Symbols for this Full Moon are “a bluebird standing at the door of the house” (for the Sagittarius Moon) and “children skating on ice” (for the Gemini Sun). Sabian Sage Blain Bovee describes the bluebird as an “image of beginnings that bode happiness, and fortunate possibilities just outside the door.” Watch for news that reflects the challenge of stepping out into a new world; optimistic outlooks; being in the right place at the right time. Consider all things blue (says Bovee): “the blues, nostalgia, blue skies, blue blood, blue babies, lavender, blue-collar workers, blue-hair, blue moon, blue movies, out of the blue good fortune”…and of course, blue states. Astrologer James Burgess opines that the “children skating” represent something new and daring, along with a vow to remain undefeated, as in “raging against the dying of the light.” It should surprise no one that this Full Moon falls close to the DFG’s Gemini Sun and Sagittarius Moon, suggesting he is more personally affected than most.
- Mars is at 15 Aries — prominently placed in the 10th house of leaders. Mars is conjunct Chiron. The phrase “wounded warrior” comes to mind. Maybe that reflects the tepid gun control legislation that actually might pass in Congress…for the first time in decades. It also reflects this story of justice abused…and finally served…for a protagonist who’s an ex-Green Beret.
- You are more personally affected by this Full Moon if you have planets or angles around 23 Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces. Off the top of my head, that includes VP Kamala Harris and Governor Gavin Newsom of California and Mike Pence.
Back to the Forecast:
- TUESDAY: Moon goes void on that real/unreal contact with Neptune at 10:58 AM ET. Stick with routine concerns; roll with the twists and flake that may disrupt efforts to move forward in a straight line. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill, as crises that crop up during Moon voids are usually much ado about nothing. Chill! At 6:13 PM ET, see if you notice the shift in focus as the Moon enters Capricorn, determined to Make Something Happen, possibly pushing boundaries as Moon squares Jupiter at 3:21 AM ET on…
- WEDNESDAY. Sparks may fly around 7:49 PM ET, as Moon squares Mars in Aries. Humming in the background — and exact on…
- THURSDAY: morning — are the two aforementioned patterns involving the Sun, Saturn, and Neptune. Sun refers to leaders of business and state; we’ve already defined Saturn and Neptune. Together, leaders have potential to come to an agreement on a plan involving healing and vision. That would be an upside. A downside would be an effective denial/block designed to poison the waters…or…demand a sacrifice…or…fog up the facts. As if on cue, here is Rudy Giuliani, who has transiting Mercury on his Venus, exact on Monday, when this article was published: “Still poisoning the airwaves with vicious Jan. 6 lies”. In other news, we learned in today’s J6 hearing that Giuliani was drunk on Election Night 2020, an apt potential for someone born with Neptune on the Ascendant, and Saturn conjunct the Midheaven. Gosh, he appears to be the adult in the room…but…maybe things aren’t as they seem. Sun trines Saturn at 3:13 AM ET; Sun squares Neptune at 9:41 AM ET. Note your dreams upon waking, note the potential for a catharsis or power play around 2:41 PM ET, as Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto. Chill during the three-hour void, and then prepare to innovate and collaborate after 5:44 PM ET, when Moon enters Aquarius. Get the word out before 10:29 PM ET, when Moon trines high-functioning Mercury in Gemini.
- FRIDAY: Moon squares Uranus at 9:36 PM ET — surprise, surprise. Could be a disruptive Friday night news dump, with action taken pronto, as Mars sextiles Moon at 10:35 AM ET.
- SATURDAY: Moon squares Venus at 10:09 AM ET and meets up with Saturn at 10:46 AM ET. That’s a sobering way to start the day, though there’s an effort to find a balance around 2:50 PM ET, as Sun trines Moon. In the ensuing four-hour Moon void, a chilling control may present itself (if it hasn’t already), as Venus squares Saturn at 5:31 PM ET. Did the markets end the week with a thud (they’re down today — Monday)? In your own personal world, a Venus-Saturn square cools the flames of desire, so keep that in mind if you’ve got a hot date. Social expression may demand gravitas. Oh — but wait — Moon enters Pisces at 7:01 PM ET, seeking empathy, accommodation, and quite possibly a beautiful escape. A longing for sweetness reflects the potential of a sextile between Venus and Neptune, exact at 12:06 AM ET on…
- SUNDAY. It’s all so confusing. Is all forgiven? Maybe not in the early morning, as Pisces Moon squares Mercury in Gemini, and is challenged to face the facts. With Mercury sextiling Jupiter early Monday morning, I expect there will be big news in matters of court opinions, travel, sports and collective belief systems we will be asked to process over the weekend.
And now, the news.
We expected a “letting loose” of action in the first ten days of June, reflecting the lack of exact contact among the planets, other than to the Moon. Here in the U.S., stories that reflected that feeling were of the stunning increase in mass shootings. But we’ve also seen a surge of resolve among those wanting to restrict access to these weapons of mass destruction, with many saying that the Uvalde massacre was “another turning point.”
Planetary patterns were aptly reflected in Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee celebration in the first week of June. Remember that Saturn was turning retrograde whilst squaring Her Majesty’s Saturn and Midheaven? A necessary control affecting her public status and authority would not be unexpected, and at this stage in life (she is 96), she couldn’t attend all of the pomp and circumstance. Family members stepped up to the plate, and her subjects waved to a hologram “sitting” inside her golden coach, instead of Her Actual Royal Highness. She did find time to have a spot of tea with Paddington Bear — and here it is on video, ICYMI.
Meanwhile, her great-grandson Prince Louis of Cambridge was having a no-good horrible day, with transiting Mars and Pluto all over his horoscope would lead us to expect. If Will and Kate are smart, they’ll enroll him in a course of martial arts that offers a zen perspective. Understanding a child’s needs through the potential suggested in the horoscope is an awesome way to use astrology to live life better.
Another horoscope activated by Saturn stationing retrograde, square Mercury stationing direct is Matthew McConaughey’s. His 25 Aquarius Midheaven is receiving a visit from transiting Saturn, and this transit often coincides with being seen as an authority in whatever pond you happening to swim in. His Neptune is 27 Scorpio, and it was opposed by transiting Mercury last week, when he gave a talk to reporters in the White House Press Room about his visit to Uvalde, Texas — which is where he was born. Here is the video, which begins, “To make the lives of those lost…matter…” McConaughey described in excruciating detail the terrible carnage emergency responders faced when they finally arrived in the classroom, and since then, we’ve seen op-eds arguing that maybe the public needs to get real (reflecting the gravitas of last week’s tension between Mercury and Saturn) and actually see these images…before any meaningful action will be taken to stop the proliferation of these weapons.
The January 6th Committee’s opening night on Thursday delivered the goods, as Heather Cox Richardson explains. The Mercury-Pluto trine exact the following night suggested persuasive investigative reporting. 20 million people tuned in to watch on network and cable television, which doesn’t include viewers like me who watched it on a streaming service or newspaper’s website. If you’re a regular reader of HCR’s daily Letter from an American, much of what was presented on Thursday wasn’t new (though I’m amazed at how many people were hearing about certain things for the very first time). What was remarkable was how clearly the committee laid out a case — with evidence — that The Former Guy was in fact the driving force behind it all. Here’s the recap from Stephen Colbert — from Thursday night, right after the first televised hearing — complete with an intro borrowed from The Muppets, bless his heart.
If you watched the hearing today (Monday), you’ll note how the story line is developing in sync with planetary patterns. In the first hour of the hearing we learned about “the red mirage” — something not as it seems! Later we were presented with evidence that TFG knew the election wasn’t stolen, but that didn’t stop him Team TFG from bombarding supporters with requests for donations for the “Election Defense Fund.” Turns out that fund didn’t exist. The money raised — $250,000,000 — went elsewhere, e.g., to Kim Guilfoyle, who was paid $60,000 for her two minute “speech” at the “rally” on January 6th. Shades of Sun square Neptune — as in leaders who may have committed wire fraud.
In other news, you may recall that planetary patterns over the weekend (Scorpio Moon; Venus-Uranus in Taurus; Mercury trine Pluto) suggested a bonanza for investigative reporters; a caution for those marching in the streets; unconventional attractions; disruptions in social expression, aesthetics, woman, money, technology, food supply – to name a few.
- “31 Patriot Front members arrested near Idaho pride event” — keep an eye on this developing story.
- Business Insider interviews Sophia, the world’s first robot citizen
- “Google engineer put on leave after saying AI chatbot has become sentient” — just wait until Pluto enters Aquarius & Uranus enters Gemini
- “Group of men storm Drag Queen Story Hour in California in possible hate crime”
- Nancy Pelosi makes a guest appearance on “RuPaul’s Drag Race”
- Australian actor Rebel Wilson announces she’s dating a woman; apparently because a local paper was going to do a story about the relationship before it was publicly announced.
- TFG’s Air Force One paint scheme scrapped by President Biden
- “The race against time to breed a wheat that can survive the climate crisis”
- Corporate accountability –– surprise, surprise. Which corporations pledged to stop donating to politicians who supported the January 6 attempted coup? Which ones kept their promise?
Finally…Good grief! Britney Spears’ first husband (Jason Alexander) was arrested while trying to crash her wedding to Sam Asghari. Britney and Jason were married for all of 55 hours in 2004, and I use that wedding event chart in a class I teach about using astrology to choose a favorable time for a significant event. It’s a prime example of Planetary Patterns to Avoid when choosing a time to get married — or do much of anything, frankly. And wouldn’t you know it, the Moon was at 27 Taurus on that ill-fated day in 2004, and thus recently eclipsed…and triggered by Mercury last week! There are other patterns in that 2004 chart that are being activated by current patterns. I’m not surprised at all by Alexander’s “shocking” behavior. Astrology. Is. Amazing!
Here is Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week. — always in sync with planetary patterns.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations.
Here’s the link to the fabulous Cosmic Tip Jar, which keeps this website up and running, with gratitude to you for your support.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with your friends.
Full Moon in Sagittarius over golf course.