Tuesday 6/19/2018: Late Sneak Peek at the Week; Summer Solstice, Mercury and a Mars Rx Special…
As of 4:40 AM ET yesterday, we are driven by the Moon in Virgo, fastidiously seeking to put things right. On Monday, this drive flowed with particular efficiency, supported by innovative Uranus and stabilizing Saturn. Save for a dreamy/spacey opposition from nebulous Neptune at 8:49 AM ET today (did you note your dreams?), Tuesday has the same potential for efficiency. Get those big ideas out there.
Notable planetary patterns this week include:
- Mercury in harmony with expansive Jupiter at 3:43 PM ET — hence, the potential for big ideas about collective beliefs making headway and headlines.
- Mercury in harmony with visionary Neptune on WEDNESDAY at 11:59 PM ET, suggesting the upside potential of Mercury-Neptune contacts. In other words, vision, healing, artistry, empathy…as opposed to challenging contacts (e.g., squares and oppositions), which suggest the downside potential of Mercury-Neptune: e.g., delusion and deceit.
- Also on WEDNESDAY: the First Quarter Moon at 6:51 AM ET between the Gemini Sun and the Virgo Moon. It’s happening at the Aries Point, suggesting that the challenges presenting themselves re: last week’s New Moon agenda are likely to be especially prominent. If you have a planet around 29 degrees of Gemini, Sagittarius, Pisces or Virgo, you are more likely to feel a need to take action.
- THURSDAY at 6:07 AM ET, the Sun enters Cancer. This is the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. Here’s what you need to know about the first day of any season — i.e., equinoxes and solstices — from an astrological point of view. The first days of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter correspond with the first day (or first degree) of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn, respectively. Got that? Good. These four signs are called cardinal signs of the zodiac. Cardinal signs initiate. They come up with the idea and put it into action, which leads to necessary change. “Cardinal” suggests (from the Latin root of the word), “that on which something turns or depends.” So the first day/degree of a Cardinal sign is a turning point. In astrology, the technical term for the first degree of any Cardinal sign is the Aries Point, just to confuse people who are not professional astrologers. When we set the chart for the summer solstice in Washington DC, we see clues for what the next three months are likely to reflect…stay tuned for that analysis later this week.
- Also THURSDAY at 12:54 PM ET: the release of tension building by an opposition between Venus and Mars, suggesting an illuminating clash between the stubbornly yin and the stubbornly yang. If you have a planet or angle around 9 degrees of Leo, Aquarius, Taurus or Scorpio you’ll feel the trigger more than most. Could be juicy.
- On SATURDAY, Mercury is once again in focus, at it opposes depth-seeking Pluto at 5:24 AM ET. Investigative reporters, get ready to hit the headlines with stories of dirt dug up and power plays. Innovative advances in matters of leadership, aviation, technology and maybe even astrology may come to light, suggested by a cooperative alignment between the Sun and Uranus at 1:58 AM ET.
Your Moon voids for the week: WEDNESDAY 6:51 AM ET until 8:29 AM ET; THURSDAY 9:34 PM ET until FRIDAY 3:11 PM ET (another opportunity for East Coasters to skip out early without consequence).
And now, the news.
Everything’s coming up Neptune, which turned retrograde MONDAY at 7:27 PM ET. Here in the U.S., empathy (on the one hand) and delusional rationalization (on the other hand) over the treatment of migrant families continues to pull focus. Laura Bush startled some with her own empathetic op-ed in WaPo, criticizing the P45 administration. And I know you are thinking, “how is that initiative reflected in Laura Bush’s horoscope?”Mrs. Bush is a Scorpio with Moon in Pisces — just like Hillary Clinton. Moon in Pisces invented empathy, doncha’ know. Mrs. Bush has Uranus is at 22 Gemini — so we immediately see how a need for independence and disruption would have been triggered by last week’s New Moon at 22 Gemini! Not only that, but Mrs. Bush has a square between Jupiter and Saturn, at 8 degrees Scorpio and Leo, respectively. Guess what’s been putting pressure on that tenacious, morally upstanding Jupiter-Saturn square? Transiting Mars, almost at a standstill at 8 degrees of Aquarius, demanding expansive action out of irritation and/or frustration. With Mars about to turn retrograde (on the 26th at 5:05 PM ET), her need for action will be triggered again next month…and this fall. Astrology is amazing.
You know what else is being triggered by transiting Mars? The Scorpio Moon of the P45 inaugural chart. It’s at 9 degrees of Scorpio, as you may recall. Mars in hard aspect to the Moon suggests anger/action in matters of nurturing/motherhood and a need for control. Coincidence or conspiracy?
UPDATE: Jeb Bush, sparked by Laura Bush’s op-ed (and last week’s New Moon on the angles of his horoscope) also made news. “‘This heartless policy..’ Jeb Bush speaks out…” File that under “I told you so.”
More from Neptune in the news:
- With the added “out there” initiative of Mars (in Aquarius) squaring Uranus (techgeek) in Taurus, the Space Cadet-in-Chief announced the creation of a sixth branch of the military: the Space Force.
- A record 68.5 million people are fleeing persecution worldwide
- A picture (Neptune) is worth a thousand words: this image of a sobbing immigrant toddler being abused at the US border takes the internet by storm
- A “misbegotten” study on alcohol is canceled by the NIH, “for the right reasons…” as it turns out it was funded by the booze biz
- Antarctic ice loss triples in just a decade…
- WHO declares video game addiction a legit medical condition
- Zillow shows rising seas threaten 300,000 US homes
- Portugal legalizes pot-based medicines
- Spain takes in 600 refugees who were refused entry by right-wing Italian authorities. Fun fact: refugee boat is named Aquarius.
- Thernanos CEO Elizabeth Holmes was charged with criminal fraud. A note about her horoscope was posted here two years ago.
- To Avid Readers asking about Elon Musk: his horoscope was first covered here back in 2013. His revolutionary Sun-Uranus square, so super-charged by Uranus and Pluto over the past few years, is now being squeezed by transiting Saturn. We see this reflected in recent lay-offs — and news of sabotage within his company. This downsizing potential is likely to continue into the fall. Wish we had a birth time for Mr. Musk…
What’s going on in your horoscope? Is there a downsizing phase just around the corner? And what about the impending Mars retrograde? I am pleased to offer Avid Readers a Mars retrograde special — similar to the mini-consultation I offered last August about the Big Fat Solar Eclipse. For $48.88 I would be pleased to send you via email my insights on how you are likely to experience this hot hot hot Mars retrograde — in effect now through the summer. Interested? Of course you are! Just send me your birth data via this contact form. Insights will soon be on the way!
Thank you for reading this forecast.