Monday 3/8/2021: Sneak Peek at a Sweet Week; Sun-Venus Conjunct Neptune; New Moon in Pisces
The start of the work week is driven by the Moon in Capricorn, where it’s been since 9:20 PM ET on Saturday. Arise, go forth and make your dream happen. Moon travels without interference through the business day, but note a build-up to a focus on power plays and/or purges, as the Moon meets up with Pluto at 7:52 PM ET — and then goes void until 2:40 AM the next day. Should be quite a potent discussion at beginning of my local book club tonight — which will then wander off-course with a sigh. We’ll be talking about Shopgirl — apt for today’s Moon in Capricorn and other planetary patterns.
Meanwhile, the dream to be realized this week is sponsored by the only two exact patterns that do not involve the Moon: the conjunctions of the Pisces Sun and Venus to (dreamy) Neptune. My dream includes putting the finishing touches on my presentations for this weekend’s Empowered Astrology Conference, where I will be teaching in most excellent company. Let me know if you’re planning to attend — there are still spots available.
The week goes like this:
- TUESDAY: Moon enters Aquarius at 2:40 AM ET and reaches out to all its friends and networks, supported by the buzz buzz buzz of Mars in Gemini, exact at 8:22 AM ET. All flows swimmingly until around 5:06 PM ET, when Moon squares Uranus (surprise!) and then meets up with Saturn (streamlined focus or brick wall).
- WEDNESDAY: an exuberant day overall, as Moon continues its humanitarian Aquarius thing, expanded by a meet-up with Jupiter at 12:57 PM ET. The bigger meet-up is the Pisces Sun with Neptune, suggesting the following themes in the headlines and your personal world: vision, fog, deception, drugs, scandals, chemicals, oceans, ships, peace, healing, victims, oil, spirits of all kinds — in matters of leaders and ego-gratification. Moon meets up with Mercury (with a message to transmit) at 10:30 PM ET — and then goes void for a loooonnnnng chill.
- THURSDAY: the Moon void may be experienced as a morning with a twist or flake in your usual routine. Sleep through the alarm? No worries, as nothing of consequence needs to get started during the void; wait until 9:43 AM ET. That’s when the Moon enters Pisces — now at the very end of the lunar cycle (New Moon happens on Saturday). During this balsamic phase — a.k.a. “dead” Moon, wrap up old projects and don’t fuss over any feelings of listlessness or restlessness that often accompany this minor “end time.” A Pisces Moon and Sun elevates sensitivity for the next few days; try to keep it real — not surreal — which may be challenging under Neptune’s influence. Moon squares Mars at 6:15 PM ET, sparking a clash of will, most likely.
- FRIDAY: More Moon in Pisces with no major speedbumps. Go with the intuitive, lovely and dreamy flow, supported by meet-ups between the Moon and Venus-Neptune.
- SATURDAY: New Moon in Pisces kicks in at 5:21 AM ET. At 23 Pisces, it activates the horoscope (off the top of my head) VP Kamala Harris and also the December 14th solar eclipse. The Sabian Symbol for this New Moon is “tiny inhabited island,” an image which echoes the last line of what I wrote for Thursday (before looking up this Symbol). An image of living in a bubble springs to mind — and also, for some reason, “The Bubble Reputation,” a short story I haven’t thought about since high school, written by weirdly witty Ambrose Bierce. The origin of the expression “bubble reputation” is here, and perhaps a few bubbles will expand or pop in this next lunar cycle. Upside: this New Moon suggests an opportunity to plant seeds for a dream community/island retreat. The Pisces Moon goes void on a sextile with Pluto at 11:37 AM ET— an easy pattern facilitating depth and transformation. Chill for the rest of the day; Moon enters Aries and picks up the me-me-me pace at 6:43 PM ET. Some enchanted fiery evening may be in store, as Venus meets up with Neptune at 11:07 PM ET.
- SUNDAY: Moon in Aries is looking to get something started with all that New Moon energy. Yippee!
And now, the news.
Reflecting the big humanitarian relief potential of current planetary patterns (planets piled up in Aquarius, Democrats in the Senate voted — and passed — their amended version of the American Relief Plan. I expect President Biden will sign it under the influence of this week’s savior Sun-Neptune conjunction, after House Democrats vote to approve what the Senate agreed to.
Before the vote, we saw prime examples of Mars (aggression) at the verrrry end of Taurus (obstruction), as Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) demanded that Senate clerks spend hours reading the bill aloud to a deserted empty floor. We understand why he would be the one to do this at this time, given that his own Mars is at…the verrrry end of Taurus. Astrology is amazing.
Also in the news:
- House passes H.R. 1, the For the People Act. It now goes to the Senate. If it passes, our democracy just might survive.
- President Biden signs executive order supporting voting rights
- President Biden gets “Competitors Johnson & Johnson and Merck to Partner and Increase Covid Vaccine Distribution”
- If you were watching the news during Tuesday’s “it’s not FAIR!” Moon-in-Libra void, you could have been carried away by the “much ado about nothing” brouhaha over six books by Dr. Seuss that will no longer be published because — said the estate (which announced its decision last year to the sound of crickets), certain illustrations “portrayed people in ways that are hurtful and wrong”
- The announcement reflects the change of values we’d expect to see in the life of Dr. Seuss, as his Venus in Aquarius is squared thrice by transits Uranus (starting last year, of course), and conjoined by Jupiter and Saturn. Cuts must be made, for the greater good for the greatest number. Here is his horoscope.
- Told ya to keep an eye on Mitt Romney, whose horoscope was also heavily influenced by Mars last week. He showed up to work on Monday with stitches and bruises on his face. Mars rules the head.
- Told ya to keep an eye on ex-House Speaker Paul Ryan, as transiting Mars opposed his 0 Sagittarius ASC (and Neptune) last week. He’s hosting a fundraiser for Liz Cheney and it made news.
- President Biden arguably experienced one of the negative potentials of Mars opposing his Sun-Venus conjunction in Scorpio in the blocking of his pick for director of the OMB, Neera Tanden, and of his desired increase in the minimum wage to $15/hour in the American Rescue Plan (by some Democrats, too). There may be a few more notable attacks and assertions over the next few days, as Mars moves on to oppose his Sagittarius Ascendant.
Sneak peek at this week’s Sun-Venus-Neptune in Pisces:
- “Meet the Influential Women in the Superyacht Industry”
- “California Program Giving Recipients $500/Month Pays Off”
- Fake philanthropist/art forger makes news
- Authentic billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott remarries
- “Meeting Shi’ite Cleric ‘Good for my soul,’ says Pope”
- “Dalai Lama receives Covid vaccine”
Not a fairy-tale — but more of a bubble popping, amid patterns in the horoscopes of the Royal Family involving Pluto (power; corruption exposed) and Saturn (streamlining; reality checks): people are still talking about Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex “bombshell” interview with Oprah Winfrey last night. The heavy patterns in the Royal Family horoscopes will continue in the near-term future.
Finally, a random and inspiring piece from the Washington Post on how to maintain a fulfilling career in your 80s and beyond...in case the idea of retiring does not appeal to you.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations — and here’s how to be an especially fabulous Avid Reader by supporting these Really Useful and Entertaining Bulletins, with gratitude.
Thank you for reading this forecast.