Monday 11/5/2018: Sneak Peek at the Week; Jupiter in Sagittarius
A Libra Moon drives the day with a need for fairness and balance. Its weekly clash with Pluto at 12:57 PM, suggests an emotional catharsis or power play, energized by a harmony with action hero Mars at 9:43 PM ET. Moon goes void at 3:02 AM ET on TUESDAY, which is Election Day in the U.S. Its last aspect is a meet up with Venus (women, money, social expression).
Here’s the layout for Tuesday:
- First, we are in the balsamic phase of the lunar cycle, a time for wrapping up projects started on the New Moon of October 8th. Back room meetings and other covert activities reflect the potential of these days with no light reflected by the Moon from the Sun. A “dead” Moon suggests listlessness or restlessness, as we sense something new is around the corner, but we don’t know what.
- A harmony between the Sun and Neptune, exact at 1:41 AM ET, suggests oil poured on troubled waters, healing, pacifism and empathy. That’s the upside. Sample non-political headline: Spanking is Ineffective and Harmful to Children, Pediatricians’ Group Says. Downside: rose-colored glasses bordering on the delusional.
- Voting begins on the East Coast with a void-of-course Libra Moon, increasing the potential for flakes, twists and upsets favoring underdogs until 8:02 AM ET, when the Moon enters Scorpio. A Scorpio Moon is driven by a need for emotional depth, power, control and possibly payback. The disruptive potential is increased by Moon’s weekly clash with rebel technogeek Uranus one minute later, at 8:03 AM ET. What could go wrong? Tech snafus, perhaps. Meanwhile, are we surprised to learn that the weather forecast for Election Day includes thunderstorms and tornadoes on the East Coast? No, we are not. Here’s the forecast for the whole country — get out and vote anyway, as if your life depends on it.
- Uranus makes another dramatic shift at 1:50 PM ET, leaving comfort-seeking Taurus for me-me-me Aries. Uranus, as you know, is retrograde. It turns direct on January 6th, three days after the start of the 116th Congress. Between November 6th and March 6th, Uranus will retrace the steps it made at the last degrees of Aries in March and April 2018. A review of headlines in early spring offer clues to what we’ll see again over the next months; search the archives. In Aries, Uranus brought us the self-driving car, robot warfare, the gig economy, the selfie and any other revolutionary me-me-me idea about being first.
- The Scorpio Moon’s drive for control is aided by a cooperative alignment with Saturn, planet of structure and discipline. Whatever is on your plate for tomorrow, make it so.
Planetary patterns for the rest of the week:
- WEDNESDAY: Note your dreams upon waking, as nebulous Neptune harmonizes with the Moon at 8:31 AM ET. The New Moon begins at 11:02 AM ET at 15 degrees of Scorpio. Pause; light a candle and make a list of intentions for the next cycle. I am intrigued by the Sabian Symbol for this New Moon: “A girl’s face breaking into a smile.” Sabian Symbol sage Blain Bovee calls it “an image of a sudden shattering of a rigid expression…” conveying many things, e.g., sudden joy, amusement or smug conceit. It suggests a release of tension, a lightening of the mood and a big exhale. Given all the press in the U.S. of how women are likely to decide — and how many are running in — this election, I find it encouraging. Meanwhile, did you know that in Ethiopia, half the cabinet ministers are women, and that last week, a woman was sworn as the first woman Supreme Court chief?
- THURSDAY: The Scorpio Moon goes void on a clash with Mars at 5:42 AM ET, as someone’s Twitter feed is sure to explode. Chill through the six-hour “crisis” and resume focus when Moon enters Sagittarius at 1:59 PM ET, lifting spirits everywhere.
- THURSDAY: Jupiter leaves Scorpio for Sagittarius at 7:38 AM ET. Jupiter refers to expansion, for better (good fortune, abundance) or worse (bombast, excess). Jupiter rules Sagittarius, sign of righteous opinions and enthusiastic boundary-pushing. Sagittarius refers to collective belief systems (law, education, philosophy, dogma), mass media, horses, professional sports leagues, broad comedy, internationalism, the hip, the liver, the pancreas and more. These are areas in which we will see efforts to push the limits with exuberance or hubris.
- Issues of control that were hot when Saturn was in Sagittarius (December 2014 – December 2017) will be back in the spotlight, big time. Those issues included border control (Saturn refers to limits; Sagittarius refers to foreigners) and control of mass opinion (via mass media), with no small touch of the surreal. The “surreal” was suggested by three hits of Neptune (in Pisces) squaring Saturn. Here’s a recap of that, posted in 2015.
- FRIDAY: Venus trines (harmonizes) with Mars, in effect all week and exact at 10:12 AM ET. We have an opportunity to soften the cranky edginess of Venus being retrograde (the shock of realizing that our social circles and investments may not reflect our true values) through effective action (Mars). In the news, look for harmony between the yin and the yang.
- NEXT FRIDAY: Venus turns direct on the same day that Mercury turns retrograde. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS NOW.
And now, the news.
“Vote your values.” That’s a quote from Oprah Winfrey that made headlines over the weekend, as she went door-to-door in Georgia, campaigning for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams. But if you Google “vote your values” you’ll find a slew of organizations — blue and red — using that call to action. Reviewing values — how very Venus retrograde.
It’s a dead Moon. The Sun is trine Neptune. I can’t bear to write another word about a political campaign. I am holding my breath and cautiously optimistic. Tomorrow I’ll be at the polls at 5 AM, serving as a pollworker. It’s something I have within my power to do: help others exercise their right to have a say in how things get done.
Neptune refers to music and idealism. It’s quite prominent in the horoscope of Barbra Streisand, squaring Mars at the Aries Point. That’s one suggestion of enigmatic charisma. It’s a key component in her professional status, as it trines Uranus and Saturn, ruler of her Capricorn Midheaven (career point). Saturn with Uranus suggests a need to reinvent the wheel, blending the best of the old guard with the avant garde. With Saturn at the top of her horoscope and squaring her me-me-me pioneering Aries Ascendant all this year, it’s no surprise to see her back in the public eye, and at the top of her game.
Ms. Streisand is a Taurus with the Sun conjunct Mercury, both of which square the Moon and Pluto in drama queen Leo. Idealism and more star power potential! Those four planets were activated by this summer’s Mars retrograde, Venus retrograde and the July 26th eclipse. Humming in the background is the breakout potential of transiting Uranus on her Sun and Pluto — exact in 2019. That would be an apt time to finish her memoirs, now four years in the writing.
Last week she was a guest on James Corden’s Car Pool Karaoke, belting out tunes and talking up her new album, Walls. That’s the link to the segment, along with other stories from the Good News Network, which is all I’d like to read under current planetary patterns.
Finally, here’s Beth Owls Daughter’s Tarot card for this potent week.
Hopefully there will be more good news in the next forecast. Whatever happens, there is sure to be good news in some part of your life. What’s penciled in to your cosmic calendar? I’d be delighted to give you the 411 in a personal consultation. Here’s how to contact me.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and for sharing it with your friends.
And now, a message from our sponsor:
I actually got into a heated discussion last week with two usually informed adults who insisted that all 435 seats in the House were NOT up for re-election. Wrong! Here’s how to find your polling place and confirm that you are registered to vote.