…and we’re off…to the start of a turbo-charged week, driven by New Moon energy and other planetary patterns suggesting power and resources in spades; declarations of independence proclaimed in assorted colors of rose.
As of 11:20 AM ET on MONDAY, Moon entered Libra, seeking fairness, diplomacy and equality in relationships. It goes void on TUESDAY at 6:57 PM ET, not to enter Scorpio until WEDNESDAY at 2:15 PM ET. That’s a lot of time to chill, roll with the twists that may crop up to disrupt your forward-moving efforts — and not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Once in Scorpio, the Moon drives the action with a need for depth and control. Moon goes void for another long spell on FRIDAY at 4:54 AM ET until 8:45 PM ET. I’ll be sticking to routine concerns and avoiding impulse shopping purchases. You? Once in Sagittarius on Friday night, see if you notice a lightening up, up, up to the sky. Moon in Sag needs to push boundaries, express its righteous opinions and go for a gamble or a gambol. Those are your marching orders for the weekend.
Notable planetary patterns active this week:
- MONDAY — at 8:56 PM ET, Mars leaves Capricorn for Aquarius. The need to make things happen with exceptional efficiency is replaced by a need for freedom based on a cause — hopefully a humanitarian one you’ll agree with. Mars in Aquarius is enamored with action driven by a grand design that isn’t terribly touchy-feely. So what if a few thousand are trampled on? What do feelings have to do with trying to build a community that runs like a well-oiled machine? We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. But even the Borg had a queen, i.e., an autonomous entity with unlimited authority. So…hmmm. Of course that’s a downside potential of Mars in Aquarius. The upside is action that really does embrace and integrate all colors of the rainbow, while still allowing each color its own frequency to shine.
- TUESDAY — in the morning, the Virgo Sun harmonizes with Jupiter (expansion) and Pluto (power), suggesting an easy path for leaders/willpower looking to accumulate resources. Watch the headlines for stories involving news from underground, including oil, e.g., “Pipeline spills 8000 gallons of jet fuel into Indiana river.” With Mars squaring Uranus (aviation), of course it’s jet fuel. Meanwhile, “Tribes Say P45 Illegally Approved Pipeline” (and they’re suing).
- WEDNESDAY — Jupiter and Pluto form a sextile — a cooperative and communicative alignment — at 3:37 AM ET. See above for potential. If you have a planet or angle at 18 degrees of practically any sign, this could be an empowering and expansive week. I am in that category, and right now I need seven clones of myself to seize every opportunity that is currently on my plate! Part of the expansive thrust is related to transiting Jupiter at 18 degrees of Scorpio, triggering the August 11th solar eclipse at 18 Leo. Was your horoscope affected? Former CBS head honcho Les Moonves’s sure was. His macho Mars-Pluto “get away with murder/resistance is futile” conjunction is at 18 Leo and now he’s out of a job. Finally. Score another one for #MeToo. While transiting Jupiter on his Venus at 25 Scorpio in a few weeks may give him a nice golden parachute, next year when transiting Saturn squares his 13 Libra Sun (it may be squaring his me-me-me Aries Moon as I type), he’ll be down in the garden eating worms. Along with the rest of the United States, with its Sun at 13 Cancer.
- WEDNESDAY — Venus (women, money, art, social expression) pulls focus. As you know, last Sunday Venus left Libra for Scorpio, which is not an easy placement. Given a choice, Venus would serve its time in a sign where it can be pleasing in every sense. In Scorpio, Venus suggests a need for control over what and whom we love. Venus in Scorpio values its own code of honor, integrity and loyalty. It is also inclined to keep score and pay back…for better or for worse. And on this day, Venus opposes Uranus at 5:01 AM ET and then harmonizes with Saturn at 11:58 PM ET. What does that mean? It means that for the next couple of days, the Venus-Uranus tension suggests we’re likely to see headlines involving unconventional attractions and rebellious declarations — even break-ups. The harmony with Saturn stabilizes and structures the breakouts, perhaps making it more old guard than avant garde. UPSIDE (combined with other planetary patterns): India Passes Historic Resolution Decriminalizing Homosexuality
- THURSDAY — the next few days are dominated by Mercury (how we need to think, communicate, negotiate). Today at 9:32 PM ET, Mercury opposes Neptune, extending the rose-colored vision/delusion of last week’s face-off with the Sun. I have decided that this pattern is also reflected by the mind-boggling content in this forecast, written over the course of several days — with no time to make it more streamlined.
- FRIDAY — Moon is void all day, as noted…but…on SATURDAY and SUNDAY, Mercury harmonizes with Pluto and sextiles Jupiter, suggesting significant investigative reporting and measured analysis involving the Power That Be. Its disruptive potential is increased, given next Tuesday’s third square between Mars and Uranus.
But wait — there’s more! We had a New Moon on Sunday — at 17 degrees of Virgo. I find this fascinating because about two weeks ago I had a dream where I was looking at fully-calculated horoscope for a newborn child, and the Sun was at…17 Virgo! I have no idea what that means, although the Sabian Symbol for this degree is “a ouija board,” which Blaine Bovee suggests is “an image of redoubled optimism in exploration of uncanny, extra-sensory communication.” We are advised to apply this image with a mind to “hope for relief; answers to prayers; situations calling for faith beyond reason; a mysterious third element added to discursive thought.” FUN FACT: 17 & 18 Virgo are the degrees of the Uranus-Pluto conjunctions of 1965 and 1966. Back in August 2015, I wrote that when transiting Jupiter was at 17-18 Virgo (later that year), we could anticipate:
…expanded progress on the seeds planted at that time, including, but not limited to: awareness of climate change and other ways human behavior is impacting ecological systems; awareness of subatomic particles, e.g. the Higgs boson; health care systems such as Medicare (which was created in the mid-60s).
Thus my money says that this lunar cycle is likely to bring more awareness and seed plantings on the above topics. Exhibit A: Hurricane Florence, which is scheduled to hit the Carolinas this later this week. If it hits land after 5 AM ET on Friday, the Scorpio Moon will be void of course. Perhaps that may be reflected in a bit of wind taken out of its sails? Perhaps, but we wouldn’t be having these extreme weather events if we weren’t doing reckless, short-sighted things like making it easier to release methane into the air.
Speaking of Florence and the New Moon, here is the New Moon horoscope set for Wilmington, NC — my estimate on where the storm might land first.
Why is this interesting? If you remember the lunation charts for the heavy rains/landslides/flooding that hit Tryon, NC back in May, you may recall that Neptune (bewilderment, floods, wipeout) was exactly square to the Ascendant. Here we have the same pattern, only with Mars (action, aggression), ruler of the 4th House (land, homes) about to meet up with the South Node (destruction) in the 2nd (money; worth). Plus Saturn, ruler of the 2nd House is squaring the Midheaven, suggesting gravitas, structure, authority, scarcity will be prominent. Estimated damage in the wake of Hurricane Florence is in the billions. Oh, and Chiron, the Wounded Healer is almost exactly on the cusp of the 4th House. Coincidence or conspiracy?
Meanwhile, Neptune was nowhere near the angles of the horoscope just before 10 PM in Dallas last Thursday, when police officer Amber R Guyger mistakenly entered a neighbor’s apartment (thinking it was her own), then shot and killed her neighbor, Botham Shem Jean. Mr. Jean lived one floor above Ms. Guyger; he had a “distinctive” RED doormat in front of his door (she doesn’t); it wasn’t enough to to alert her that she was not where she thought she was…and don’t get me started on this outrageous tragedy. HOWEVER, we do see Uranus (surprise!) and Mars (RED!) on the angles of the horoscope, and the Sun was almost exactly opposing Neptune. Yeah…delusional much?
One moral of the above tragic story is that we need to take time to get to know our neighbors. And this has been one of the pluses that has happened in my building since I reached out to over 50 residents — most of whom I did not know — to organize a resistance to management’s rash plan to destroy our healthy maple trees. Yes, it takes time out of my day when I’m rushing to an appointment and there is someone I now know by name in the lobby. But stopping to smile and say hello is good for the spirit and the heart! And now this group is having regular meetings to discuss how we would like our building to be managed, and our efforts have prompted management to start sharing information with their fellow shareholders, and even going so far as to ask us to form committees for planned projects. Yes, it’s taken a ton of time to gather names and numbers (leaving little time to write such mundane tasks as this forecast, pun obviously intended).
I think it’s too bad that police officers are not trained to foster a sense of community and safety where they live, in addition to when they are on the clock.
Anyhoo. More news…
…which I’ve been writing and writing for days. Here are the pieces:
(This was written on Thursday 9/6) After a brief void between 8:43 AM ET and 9:54 AM ET, the Moon is now in regal Leo, seeking to roar with entitlement in its infinite quest for love love love. That may be a tough order to fill in the early part of the day, which started with a potentially grumpy/combative face-off between the Moon and Mars (action, assertion). Watch for a jolt or other status quo upset around 1:30 PM ET, as the Leo Moon is rattled by rebel Uranus. Not only that, but “you are now free to move about the country,” as Saturn (structure, authority) turned direct at 7:10 AM ET. The karma cop is back on the beat, taking names and kickin’ butt, and joining Mars and Mercury in their forward march. Saturn turns direct in Capricorn, the no-nonsense, “let’s get this show on the road” sign Saturn rules. What ambitions and structures had been held back since April may now move forward.
Meanwhile, the information keeps flowing with exacting Mercury-in-Virgo precision from both sides of the aisle (as anticipated earlier in the week). And it all gets curiouser and curiouser, as the Sun approaches its annual opposition with wiggy Neptune, exact FRIDAY (9/7) at 2:27 PM ET. Striving mightily to cut through the fog is the aforementioned Saturn-turning-direct, symbol of reality, authority and structure.
Generally speaking, we continue to see headlines reflecting the tension between Mars (anger, action, war, yang, cars, guns, violence, etc.) and Uranus (technology, unconventional attractions, aviation, rebels, mutation, disruptions of the status quo). There way too many examples to keep up with these on a daily basis — and I especially wish to avoid filling this space with headline after headline of random, reckless acts — such as the news from Cincinnati of yet another mass shooting — just minutes ago. UPDATE – not so violent, but typical of the tech disruptors we are likely to continue hearing about: “The explosive problem with recycling iPads…they literally catch fire.” Amazing!
Avid Readers will recall that Mars and Uranus will square off for the third of three hits on September 18th; the previous ones happened on May 15th and August 1st. Yea verily, this volatile pattern has been driving much of the action we’ve been seeing since April. If you have planets in the last degrees of Aries, Cancer, Capricorn and Libra…or the first degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius, you are feeling the need for a breakout statement of independence. Famous people who have recently made news for doing just that include John McCain, Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.
This portion was written on Wednesday 9/5:
The news…as I am listening to Brett Kavanaugh make an opening statement at his confirmation hearing. His horoscope was first discussed in July and now, with expansive Jupiter activating his mythical/magical T-square (among Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Neptune) for the third time in several months, we see the potential for reward to materialize. Last night, 42,000 pages of his written musings were released to the senators who will be questioning him over the next several days. Because who needs more than twelve hours to skim through that many words, right? And they are the best words, I am sure — quite grand and inspired, as his T-square would suggest. And there are so many of them! And even though Democratic senators are hopping mad over the rush to judgment on this nominee, their outrage at being denied ample time for review may not be enough to derail this lifetime appointment. Transiting Jupiter squares Kavanaugh’s Aquarius Sun in the first week of October. We see potential for expansion. Although a pattern between Mars and Neptune does suggest that 2018 is a year of pixie-dusted magnetism for the judicious judge. Whatever could be hiding behind that fog? David Brock, a former Kavanaugh colleague, says he knows.
I am seeing that application of energy on Kavanaugh’s potential mask of deception (a.k.a. his natal Neptune). Watch him hem and haw in response to a direct question posed Wednesday night — after the live coverage ended — by Kamala Harris (D-CA). We could expect Senator Harris’s mindset and communication to be innovative and disruptive right about now, with her Mercury in depth-seeking Scorpio feeling the provocative buzz of that Mars-Uranus square. Earlier this year, Uranus was opposing her 27 Libra Sun while sitting right on top of her 27 Aries Moon, intensifying her crusading initiative. It is not surprising to learn that she got a book deal in July — with a publication date set for next year. A quick glance ahead looks like extraordinary recognition and reward in 2019. The upside potential for 2020 suggests ambitious drive, with further recognition received at the end of the year and into 2021. Here is her horoscope.
Meanwhile, I continue to be amazed by the astonishing synchronicity of planetary patterns and headlines news. On Monday (9/3) I wrote:
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 7th — we’ve got three exact patterns which will be reflected in the news all week long. First (and second), Mercury makes a quick Earth Grand Trine with Saturn and Uranus at 3:40 AM ET and 8:20 AM ET. This is an echo of patterns among the Sun, Saturn and Uranus that happened on August 25th…and rippled out through this past weekend. Exhibit A: John McCain’s funeral, billed everywhere as a prime example of “reaching across the aisles”. My money says we’ll be hearing more about concrete ideas and communication about reaching across the aisles and blending the best (or worst) of the old guard with the avant garde. What could make the reaching especially sublime is the Sun’s annual opposition with Neptune at 2:27 PM ET. Upside potential: true vision. Downside: deception and delusion.
A couple of weeks ago, I noted that P45 has a pattern in effect now, exact in mid-October that is “perhaps bringing to a crest the wave of formerly close associates now turning against him.” Thus I am not totally shocked by this: “In ‘Fear,’ Bob Woodward Pulls Back the Curtain in P45’s ‘Crazytown'”…or this — which hit the wires minutes after the Moon’s weekly catharsis/power play with Pluto: “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the P45 Administration.” Talk about reaching across the aisle in a Neptune fog!!! A coup d’etat inside Camp Runamuck by a merry band of tax-cutters who believe the Commander-in-Chief is unfit, but refuse to follow the protocols our Constitution provides in order to relieve him of command. Yea verily, these saviors are revolting. Delusional much?
The rest of this forecast was written today, Tuesday 9/11:
UPDATE: Colin Kaepernick, whose horoscope was discussed here nearly a year ago. He continues to be a disruptive thinker, as forecast back in 2016. When transiting Mars was at its station last month, it was sitting in a square to his Mercury. What does that suggest? Imagine someone leaning on a car horn. The blaring sound in Kaepernick’s case is a call to put those thoughts into action…such as…a launch! And that’s what we saw this month: the launch of a new Nike campaign, in which Kaepernick advises, “Believe in something. Even if it mean sacrificing everything.” Which is exactly what a Scorpio, driven by the impossible beliefs of a Moon in Aries (expressed socially via Venus at the very last degree of uncompromising Scorpio) is likely to do. And Nike’s stock is soaring. So there.
Elsewhere in the world of sports: on Saturday at 4:39 PM ET, there was an exact square between Venus at 29 Libra and Mars at 29 Capricorn. Translation: tension/outbursts in matters of women/fairness/equality and men/”spare me your feelings”/patriarchy/rules. It should be no surprise to Avid Readers that Serena Williams’ horoscope is directly impacted by this square: her Mercury (how she needs to communicate) is at 29 Libra; her South Node (suggests destruction/toxic release) is at 28 Capricorn. Where was Serena on that day? On the court at the U.S. Open, protesting the unfairness of a male umpire who docked her a point, implying she was cheating…and then docked her two more points when she continued to object, accusing him of treating a woman player differently than he would treat a man. Op-ed writers are still screaming “double standard!!”
UPDATE: Everyone hated the idea of awarding an Oscar to the “most popular film.” The idea was announced on August 9th (and mentioned here) with Mercury retrograde and Mars retrograde at 0 Aquarius. Mercury is now moving forward. Mars just hit 0 Aquarius — moving direct. This dumb idea has been “postponed.” Are we surprised?
Thank you for reading this reeeeallly long forecast, with apologies for any typos missed in my proofreading efforts.
In other news, I am thrilled to announce that I will be in Los Angeles from September 27th until October 9th, and would be delighted to meet cherished Avid Readers in person for a consultation. Here’s how to contact me.