Saturday 12/31/2022: Essential Preparation for the New Year; Venus Enters Aquarius & Other Fun Stuff
Counting down the hours…to the beginning of the New Year!
Here’s a recap of the weekend forecast:
- SATURDAY: A difference of highly-charged thoughts may need review and revision, as Moon squares Mercury at 1 AM ET. A clash of values and social expression may arise between 6 and 8 AM ET, as Moon squares Venus and Pluto, respectively. Chill during the 4 1/2 hour Moon void. Moon enters Taurus at 12:08 PM ET, determined to get the New Year off to a stable, secure, start…even as a conjunction between Venus and Pluto, exact at 12:24 AM ET on…
- SUNDAY: …suggests extremes in matters of who, what and how we need to love. There could be a need to slash and burn in social expression and values. Venus-Pluto contacts suggest stormy weather, including emotional storms and “witchy-bitchy” women. Your coping strategy — especially with Mars and Mercury retrograde — is to count to ten before lashing out. On the other hand, the focused passion of Venus-Pluto could compel you act on a burning passion — or to cut straight to the heart of a matter of desire. A purge of that which has been deemed corrupt would also be apt. You may be feeling the urge to cut to the quick more personally if you have a planet or angle around 27 degrees of Capricorn, Aries, Cancer or Libra. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) has Venus at 26 Capricorn. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s Ascendant is 26 Capricorn. Note the potential for a breakthrough or other disruption of the status quo around 4:52 PM ET, as the Taurus Moon is squared by rebel Uranus.
As she does every year, Beth Owl’s Daughter presents a compendium of rituals and traditions to get 2023 off to a great start. This is not to be missed, and the visioning she encourages is well-supported by a lovely, rose-colored connection between Mercury (now retrograde in practical Capricorn) and Neptune, exact at 1:44 AM ET on…
- MONDAY: …which is a holiday. The day begins with a potentially sobering effort to regain control over whatever upsets happened last night. I say this because Moon squares Saturn at 7:14 AM ET, and if there are any cuts to report, a trine (harmony) between the Moon and Mercury helps get the word out. Just remember that rumors and incomplete stories have a higher probability of circulating when Mercury is retrograde. Reserve judgment until information can be verified with certainty. This day may be notably challenging for leaders with a high public profile, reflecting the wounded quality of the Sun’s square to Chiron at 11:01 AM ET. Moon’s trine to Pluto at 5:16 PM ET adds depth and then goes void for 4 1/2 hours. Chill — and note that at 9:09 PM ET, Venus leaves Capricorn and enters Aquarius. Who’s yer buddy now? Friendship and an humanitarian approach in matters of value, money and social expression to Venus in Aquarius, though its geeky detachment may be experienced as, “I love you, but don’t take it personally.” I can say this because I have Venus in Aquarius, and you are free to quote me, if you can meet my Sun in Aries’ need to be credited as the source. At 9:44 PM ET, Moon enters Gemini — driving the next few days with a need to be the smartest kid in the room.
Whitney and I are in Mercury retrograde review mode with respect to our podcast, Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast. Check out Whitney’s fabulous show notes to find out what we’ve been up to over the holidaze, and you’ll be treated to what we hope will be a fun and informative video exchange. But wait — there’s more! We’ve posted another bonus for our patron subscribers, with much gratitude for your support.
Now is a fine time to make a plan for 2023 — with your astrologer. I’d be delighted to help your chart your course in a personal consultation. You may also find the written Your Year Ahead report helpful, if you’d like note certain planetary cycles in your calendar. Here’s the 411 on those offerings.
As for the news…
…gosh, there is so much out in the open now, and it’s perfectly in sync with the Sabian Symbol of the December 23rd New Moon. Not to mention the third hit of the U.S. Pluto Return — see previous link.
- Fraudster Congressman-elect George Santos — now totally revealed, along with Plutonian rot/breakdown of mainstream media and political parties, all of which were supposed to do their due diligence, but didn’t because…well…power and resources (or lack thereof) — how Plutonian is that?
- Former guy’s tax returns are out — and it turns out he lied and lied about them on national TV.
- January 6th Committee publishes transcripts galore about attempted coup/destruction of our democracy by TFG & company
As always, Heather Cox Richardson has all the gory details — and links to sources — in her essential blog, Letters from an American. It’s a daily must-read, because those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. TFG has the third hit of transiting Neptune square Sun on January 4th. A wipe-out would be an apt reflection.
Closing now…in haste…because the H.M.S. Pinafore is calling.
Happy fabulous New Year!
Thank you for reading this forecast.