Did your Monday have a slow start, twist or flake? The Aquarius Moon went void Sunday at 3:07 PM ET, suggesting a longggg time to chill until 1:50 PM ET today. The Aquarius Moon was the perfect reflection of a spontaneous gathering of neighbors in the lobby last night, complete with an impromptu bottle of chilled rose. Longtime Avid Readers may remember the 2018 Mars retrograde drama regarding the fate of several towering maple trees in our building’s interior courtyard. Residents rallied; the trees were saved, and our community is all the better for it.
The maples in the courtyard now stand proudly in a newly planted garden, their leafy branches defending us against the scorching sun. Our next step is to install a few benches in the garden so residents can sit and enjoy the birds and waterfall in the open air, as opposed to looking longingly at it through the lobby window. It takes a village and an eternity to get things done in a New York co-op, as anyone familiar with New York co-ops will know. But eventually, it will get done!
This week, the only pattern involving planets other than the Moon is an opposition between Mars in Leo and Saturn in Aquarius on Thursday morning, followed by a square between Mars and rebel Uranus on Saturday night. Themes we’ll see in the news involve militant discipline, dogged persistence, stubborn endurance, assertive breakthroughs…not to mention cars, warriors, masculinity, athletes and technology, to name a few. Examples so far:
- “USAA urged to drop ad support of Tucker Carlson after Fox host” insults military on his show; boycott is demanded.
- “Toyota is top donor to Republican lawmakers who voted to overturn 2020 presidential election;” boycott is demanded.
- “Carl Nassib becomes first openly gay player in the NFL,” and I’ll be writing about his horoscope for my next Mountain Astrologer column. Happy Pride Month!
- “Supreme Court won’t hear dispute over bathrooms for transgender students“
You are more personally affected by this Mars-Saturn-Uranus configuration if you have planets around 12 degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius. You may be feeling more combative, provoked and/or frustrated than usual, so choose your battles wisely.
Here’s how the week goes:
- MONDAY: Moon enters Pisces at 1:50 PM ET, seeking to identify ideals, intangibles and the best place for a pedicure or a new pair of shoes. Pisces, rules the feet, doncha know, and a splurge may be instore around 5:33 PM ET, when Moon meets up with Jupiter.
- TUESDAY: more Moon in Pisces, suggesting a generally easy flow of emotional and intuitive energy all day, save for that Mars-Saturn opposition humming in the background. Could feel like a “two steps forward, one step back” scenario, but after the Mars-Saturn block, Mars-Uranus suggests a breakthrough. At 10:59 PM ET, Moon squares Mercury, which is slowly getting back up speed and moving direct. However, mindset and communication –while seeking inspiration –is vulnerable to magical thinking and miscommunication, as Mercury is approaching its third and final clash with wiggy Neptune on July 6th. This is why, on…
- WEDNESDAY: …the wee hours may feel cloudy or dreamy. Do note your dreams in the morning, as Neptune meets up with the Moon at 8:24 AM ET…and then goes void at 1:39 PM ET for the next 8 hours. Roll with the twists and flakes that may disrupt your efforts to move forward in a straight line, and do not make a mountain out of a molehill. Remember that crises which crop up during Moon voids are usually much ado about nothing. Stick to routine; avoid impulse shopping; work on your novel; go for a wander…and chill! At 9:21 PM ET, the mood is likely to palpably shift in tone, as the Moon charges into Aries, looking to get something started. Moon in Aries is too much of an idealist to appreciate that the Mars-Saturn opposition on…
- THURSDAY: …at 9:08 AM ET may present blocks to Moon-in-Aries fearless initiative. Watch, as its me-first drive continues throughout the day, building to the Third Quarter Moon at 5:10 PM ET. Tension between the Cancer Sun’s homeland security energy and the crusading Aries Moon sparks action. Between 9 PM and 10 PM ET, action and authority combine forces, as the Moon sextiles Saturn and trines Mars.
- FRIDAY: The Aries Moon’s crusading energy forges ahead, supported around noon ET by a sextile to clever Mercury in Gemini’s magical thinking. Humming in the background now is the buzz of the “other shoe” of this week’s assertive patterns: the rebellious Mars-Uranus square that pushes back against Thursday’s Mars-Saturn controls. Action on the social circuit this weekend may be especially daring and reckless, facilitating unconventional alliances. Not only that, but Venus entered Leo several days ago and is on its way to a hook-up with Mars, exact on the 13th, but close enough to be flirty, right about now. Emotional power plays and catharses are likely as the clock approaches midnight on…
- SATURDAY: …as the Aries Moon clashes with Pluto at 12:14 AM ET. Chill during the 8-hour Moon void. At 8:27 AM ET, the Moon enters Taurus and seeks to establish material comfort and security. Innovative sensual delights are supported around 12 PM ET, courtesy of a sextile between Moon and Jupiter at 12:19 PM ET. Mars and Uranus finally square off at 9:39 PM ET; if you’re around fireworks, do be extra-careful, as Mars-Uranus patterns often “coincide” with accidents and explosions. They also coincide with innovation and excitement. With the Moon in Taurus, which seeks to preserve the status quo, perhaps the potential for dramatic upsets should be diminished.
- SUNDAY: Happy Birthday to the US of A. Moon in Taurus seeks simple pleasures, though its need for security may be disrupted around noon, as Moon meets up with Uranus at 12:40 PM ET and squares Mars in drama queen Leo at 1:28 PM ET. The rest of the night is quite lovely for bringing people of all walks of life together, true to the upside potential of the Aquarius Moon in the horoscope of the United States. There are no exact aspects to the Moon after 1:28 PM ET, but the communicative flow of Monday’s sextile between the Sun and Uranus should be reflected the evening’s celebrations, hopefully looking a lot like Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week.
And now, the news (many of these picked up from the Guardian’s home page):
- “California bans state-funded travel to five more states with anti-LGBTQ laws,” bringing the total of banned states to 17.
- “Heat dome in Pacific Northwest breaks records,” with temperatures soaring into the triple digits. Mars in Leo suggests stubborn heat, though obviously that pattern alone isn’t reflecting the climate crisis. We got a wake-up call in the mid-60s with the Uranus-Pluto conjunction in Virgo. Our failure to respond forced a potential reckoning during the 2011-2016 series of seven Uranus-Pluto squares. Here are some past musings from January 2015 and March 2015. Let’s see how we’re doing in 2047, when Uranus and Pluto will be in opposition.
- The Sunday NYT magazine was entirely devoted to stories about climate change.
- “Revealed: Neo-confederate group includes military officers and politicians”
- “Sydney McLaughlin shatters womens’ 400m hurdles world record at Olympic trials” Yes, and you should see her horoscope! She has an exact t-square among Sun, Mars and Uranus at 14 degrees of Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius — activated by transiting Mars, Saturn and Uranus this month and next!Birth date: August 7, 1999 in Dunellen, NJ — birth time unknown.
- Breakthrough: NCAA to allow its athletes to “profit off their personal brand”
- “All hell breaks loose” at Tour de France, with not one, but two massive crashes among the cyclists. Mon Dieu!
- Mars refers to pain and the head. “Chronic pain sufferers have long been told it’s all in their head. Now we know that’s wrong.” Mars. Stubborn persistence. (With Saturn) Breakthough! (With Uranus).
- “Skull found in China could be new species of human”
- Top U.S. general (Mark Milley) got into shouting match with former guy, book reveals.
- “Pelosi introduces resolution to investigate the January 6th insurrection.”
- Without a birth time for former Attorney General Bill Barr, we can’t know for sure how his regal Leo Moon is being hit by transiting Mars, Saturn and Uranus, but it must be pretty close to 12 Leo, given his “shocking” revelation that he thought the former guy’s claims of election fraud were bullsh*t. Oh.
In the spirit of Mars being so hot in the cosmos, clearly it is time for me to walk a few miles to the local pitch and putt. Better to tee off than be tee’d off, right? We get to decide! Onward!
What’s going on in your horoscope? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations.
Thank you for reading this forecast. And thanks especially to Avid Readers Marjorie, Stephen and Barbara, whose Joyful Random Expressions of Appreciation made my weekend extra sweet.
Altar of Ares in the ancient agora in Athens.
Sponsored by the letter “A”