Happy Full Moon and happy Mercury turning direct. If you read the forecast posted on Saturday, you were prepared for today’s wiggy upsets, especially in the markets — yes? Astrology is amazing.
The Moon is in Virgo, seeking to correct and perfect. Clarity is challenged around 11:57 AM ET, as the Moon’s quest is influenced by the rose-colored glasses symbolized by its opposition to Neptune (it has just occurred to me that “influenced” and “influenza” seem to have much in common. Will have to look up the etymology).
Anyhoo, the opposition to Neptune is quickly followed by Moon’s opposition to the Pisces Sun at 1:48 PM ET. A Pisces-Virgo opposition illuminates the conflict between beliefs and facts, and in this particular Full Moon, this illumination especially applies to the Powers That Be, including material resources as well as people. Moon trines Jupiter (Big!) and Pluto (PTB) at 4:08 PM ET and 9:23 PM ET, respectively.
Mercury is at a virtual standstill, sitting at 28 degrees of Aquarius — about to turn direct at 11:49 PM ET. If you have a planet or point around 28 degrees of Aquarius, Leo, Scorpio or Taurus, you are likely to be engaged in productive communication and thought in matters involving that part of your horoscope. You’d have to consult with a professional for specific insights — and that’s what professional astrologers are here for.
Point is, Mercury’s change of direction suggests not rushing to judgment. It is also an alert that communication and travel may be subject to more than the usual delays and malfunctions. The Sabian Symbol for Mercury’s station is a “butterfly emerging from a chrysalis.” It is an inspiring image of evolution and transformation after a long period of incubation. Did you know that “chrysalis” derives from “Greek and Semitic origins meaning ‘gold’ or ‘encased in gold'”? That’s what Sabian sage Blain Bovee says. It seems to suggest a precious new and — perfectly timed — awareness unfolding. Meanwhile, you might be self-quarantining, thanks to the coronavirus. If so, here’s what you can expect.
The challenge in the chart for the Full Moon is that Mercury is not connected to any other planet in the horoscope, suggested that its need for transformation — which is inevitable for a chrysalis — is momentarily in a state of suspended animation. See Beth Owls Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week for more on that analogy. Here’s the chart, set in Washington DC. Mars exactly opposing the Cancer Ascendant does look like a provocative two weeks for the US of A.
The Sabian Symbols for this Full SuperMoon are as follows. For the Virgo Moon: “an automobile caravan.” For the Pisces Sun: “a table set for an evening meal.” Fun fact: this Full Moon falls exactly on Joe Biden’s 19 Virgo Midheaven (professional status) and 19 Pisces IC (family/core foundation), so we are likely to see these areas illuminated over the next couple of weeks. And how interesting to see how many other Democratic contenders are “falling in line” behind Biden. Over the weekend, it was Kamala Harris and Cory Booker. Why, it’s like a caravan!
Thus it’s interesting to see that this Full Moon squares Bernie Sanders‘s 19 Gemini Jupiter, and it is just barely past an exact square to P45‘s Sun-Moon opposition in Gemini-Sagittarius, so it’ll be about him, too ….and isn’t it always. Squares suggest tension and conflict; conjunction suggest focus and seed planting. Biden gets the latter. Note that this Full Moon is close to an exact activation of the U.S. Neptune (ideals; American Dream) at 22 Virgo. It squares the U.S. Mars (action! anger!) at 21 Gemini.
If you have a planet or angle around 19 Virgo, Pisces, Gemini, Sagittarius, you may find yourself motivated to hit the metaphorical road, in search of a rewarding comfort zone at the journey’s end.
The rest of the week goes like this — and is part of the Full Moon picture:
- TUESDAY — Brief Moon void between 4:32 AM and 6:03 AM ET — blink and you’ll miss it. From then on the day is driven by the Moon in people-pleasing Libra, seeking balance and fairness in relationships. Humming in the background is a cooperative contact between the Pisces Sun and Jupiter, exact on…
- WEDNESDAY — at 8:27 AM ET. While this pattern may feel uplifting, facilitating intuitive leadership, this day has a few speed bumps, starting with a clash between the Libra Moon and warrior Mars at 8:06 AM ET. Moon squares Jupiter at 3:48 PM ET (a suggestion of expansion, possibly to excess) and ends the day on its weekly clash with Pluto at 8:41 PM ET. This suggests a power play or emotional catharsis. The headline that best expressed its life and death potential is the dramatic last hours of Nathaniel Woods, a prisoner on death row in Alabama. The Supreme Court put a temporary stay on his controversial execution, but within a few hours, as the Moon approached cold, cruel Saturn, Alabama ended his life. The next day, Governor Kay Ivey signed a bill into law she knows is unenforceable and unconstitutional, but she did it to uphold “the sanctity of life.” In a related story, irony drank a gallon of hemlock. Still, it’s interesting how that flow of events reflected the flow of planetary patterns.
- THURSDAY — Another brief Moon void at 4:12 AM ET(on a square to Saturn) and then the Moon shifts gear into Scorpio at 5:28 AM ET. We may see an upset in the headlines around 12:14 PM ET, as the Moon squares rebel Uranus. Otherwise, the day is driven by a need for emotional depth and substance, for the sake of organizing power and control.
- FRIDAY — the Scorpio Moon‘s need for depth continues, but today it is well-supported by five other planets: Mars, Neptune, Jupiter, Sun and Pluto. Maybe it ends on a high note for the markets, compared to what’s going on now. We’ll see.
- SATURDAY — another brief void at 6:06 AM ET, then the Moon breathes a sigh of relief as it soars into Sagittarius at 7:09 AM ET. There are no exact aspects to the Sag Moon today, but two other aspects are exact. At 6:33 AM ET, sex appeal and pixie dust are facilitated, as Mars (action; assertion; desire) forms a harmony (a sextile) with Neptune. At 12:04 PM ET, the Sun (willpower, leaders) sextiles Pluto in Establishment Capricorn, which sounds like a perfect storm for somebody’s empire.
- SUNDAY — Moon squares wiggy Neptune at 3:52 PM ET — and that’s it. Let the Sag Moon inspire you to take a walk in the woods and/or expand your mind.
And now, the news.
UPDATE: Montana Governor Steve Bullock is running for the Senate, as anticipated. We can appreciate how his Aries Sun is feeling supported and expansive as it is squared by transiting Jupiter.
Jupiter refers to horses and the liver. Neptune refers to oil — as does Pluto (in that oil is an underground power resource). Neptune refers to all things nautical — and of course, viruses. Reflecting the Pisces Sun meeting up with Neptune over the weekend, followed by sextiles with Jupiter and Pluto this week, we note on the home page:
- “Feds charge horse racing trainers, veterinarians over ‘widespread corruption; doping scheme”
- Big giant cruise ship makes news
- “The networks that ruled the ancient seas”
- U.S. markets crater, triggered by panic over coronavirus and threat of oil price war
- All of Italy is now trying to contain the coronavirus by banning public gatherings and implementing other restrictive measures. Here is Italy’s horoscope — and you’ll immediately note Italy’s 19 Gemini Sun is squared by Neptune and today’s Full Moon.
- “London patient, cured of HIV, reveals his identity” — how apt for a Full Moon (illumination) and Mercury stationary direct (revelation)
- It’s fascinating to see how closely the coronavirus (Neptune) is affecting leaders (Sun) of the PTB (Pluto), “Congressmen Collins and Gaetz had contact with P45 before they self-quarantined over coronavirus fears”. News of this self-imposed self-containment seems like an apt reflection of the Sabian Symbol for the Full Moon (a caravan).
- Ted Cruz (R-TX) is also under self-quarantine, after glad-handing folks who may have been under the mistaken belief that the coronavirus is a hoax. Looking at his horoscope, we see his long on vision; short on details Mercury at 19 Sagittarius, squared by Neptune and today’s Full Moon.
- The stock market had its worst day of losses since October 10, 2008. That was during a cycle of Saturn in Virgo opposing Uranus in Pisces. On Saturday I mentioned how hard contacts between Saturn and Uranus are reflected in bubbles popping.
- The head of the New York and New Jersey Port Authority has tested positive for coronavirus…
…which speaks to reflections of yesterday’s Venus-Uranus conjunction. Venus refers to women; Uranus refers to eccentrics, rebels and aviation:
- “In Mexico, here’s what a day without women looks like.” When can we try that here?
- Boeing stock continues to plummet, as planetary patterns operate as anticipated here a year ago. To make matters worse, an Ethiopian report blames Boeing for last year’s 737 Max crash;
- Airlines are being forced to adjust their schedules in response to the coronavirus – as you might imagine.
- MH17 plane crash trial opens in The Netherlands
But let’s end, as always — on a fun note. One surprise reflecting unconventional women was Senator Elizabeth Warren‘s appearance in the cold open of Saturday Night Live. Even if she wasn’t your pick for president, hopefully you’ll enjoy this little show.
Thank you for reading this forecast.
All hail Mercury, messenger of the gods.