I’m back in New York after a fantabulous, non-stop three days of joy, reconnecting with cherished classmates at my dear old alma mater, Wellesley College — RAH! Getting back up to speed on news I’ve happily ignored for the past week. It’s good to step away from one’s usual routine on occasion, creating space for a fresh perspective, recharging and renewal…
We are in the balsamic phase of the Moon, which has nothing to do with vinaigrette and everything to do with wrapping up an old cycle and preparing for the new. The Moon is in Taurus, driving the day with an energy seeking to establish form, preserve the status quo and perhaps indulge in the pleasures of the senses. The Moon will be new on WEDNESDAY at 3:43 PM ET. Meanwhile, during this wrapping-up phase, we may feel listless or restless, sensing that the new cycle is just around the corner, but not sure what it will bring. With little light being reflected from the Sun, this dark side of the Moon is apt for meetings held in secret…and other things one might not wish to attract attention.
Despite a wish to fly under the radar, matters of thought and communication are likely to be prominent in the headlines. Why? Because Mercury, which refers to the way we need to think and communicate is about to leave Gemini for Cancer, meaning it will be at the Aries Point, suggesting PROMINENCE. The Aries Point is explained here. If you have a planet or angle close to 0 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, chances are you may be engaged in significant communication and negotiation over the next couple of days. Consult your local astrologer for details.
Here’s are the significant planetary patterns of the week:
- Mercury enters Cancer on TUESDAY at 4 PM ET, where it will be until June 29.
- Mercury harmonizes with Uranus on WEDNESDAY at 7:40 AM ET, adding a buzz of innovation and technology to thought, communication and travel.
- Also on WEDNESDAY at 3:43 PM ET we’ll have the New Moon at 22 degrees of Gemini, right on P45’s Gemini Sun and opposing his righteously opinionated Sagittarius Moon. Obviously we will see this in the headlines. More on that in a later forecast.
- Venus leaves Cancer for Leo at 5:54 PM ET on WEDNESDAY, adding regal drama in matters of social expression, women, aesthetics and money until July 10th.
- Venus squares Uranus on THURSDAY at 11:33 PM ET. You may recall that Venus was opposed by Pluto last Tuesday. So between that Pluto contact and this week’s contact with Uranus, we see potential for emotional overkill and power plays (that’s the Pluto part) in matters related to Venus, along with unconventional attractions, liberation and disruption (that’s the Uranus part).
- Mercury is opposed by Saturn on FRIDAY at 9:47 PM ET, suggesting a patriarchal or corporate advance in Mercury concerns (travel, mindset, commerce, communication). We are likely to see more than the usual dose of news related to thought controls, depression and/or gravitas.
- Additional Moon voids this week: Wednesday at 3:43 PM ET until Thursday at 3:20 AM ET; (West Coasters, your afternoon and evening may be a bust); Friday at 12:18 PM ET until Saturday at 3:21 AM ET — you are free to skip out of the office early without consequence.
In the sneak peek for last week, I promised headlines of emotional overkill and bewilderment, brought to you by the intense Venus-Pluto opposition, combined with a potential “fried brain” of the Sun and Mercury hook-up, in a tense pattern with Neptune (drugs, spirits, toxins, vision, delusion, deception, victims). Right now matters related to Neptune are pulling focus, as Neptune is slowing down, about to turn retrograde on June 18th. Neptune is halfway through its 14 year journey through Pisces. When a planet crosses a halfway point, this is when we see the potential of its passage begin to matter. Pisces refers to drugs, faith, victims, oceans, martyrs, despair, empathy, refugees, compassion and self-undoing, including suicide. Now do you understand why these themes have been pulling so much focus in the news?
I have a consultation I need to prepare for, so I can’t get to the headlines right now. I promise you I will update this post by dinnertime ET with insights on many of the stories you’ve been asking me about, including Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain, the G-7 and North Korean summits, plus stories you may not have heard about that are actually uplifting, inspiring and reflecting the upside potential of planetary patterns. (UPDATE: despite best of intentions, could not return to my writing desk today. Apologies and please stay tuned).
Meanwhile, I am back in the office and would be pleased to schedule a consultation to discuss what’s going on in your horoscope and how you can use awareness of planetary patterns to live life better. If you have children, I encourage you to also consider gaining an awareness of their horoscopes, too.
I leave you with an image from my Wellesley reunion weekend. Words can’t express how delighted I was to see this graffiti on a door in our dorm. The future looks bright!
Thank you for reading this forecast.