Friday 11/2/2018 & the Weekend: The Week That Was; Mercury Rx Alert
Alllllllll righty then!
We’re back and appreciate all Avid Readers who checked in this week, wondering where I was. Answer: focused on client consultations and other commitments that took me away from my desk and the several hours it takes to gather news and analyze horoscopes. Still, I’d do it every day — if I could — and appreciate your continued interest and support.
Last week, we were looking at a Full Moon that suggested disruptive and shocking news, brought to you by the Sun’s annual opposition with rebel Uranus. Mars (action, guns, aggression, courage) was running wild in the cosmos; so was Pluto (power, decay, transformation, ruthlessness). “Running wild” means that those two planets were not in aspect to any other planet. An unaspected planet becomes a focal point. Mars is in Aquarius, suggesting — as defined by astrologer Noel Tyl — a rebel with a cause. Pluto has been in Capricorn since forever, suggesting power plays and corruption exposed among the Powers That Be.
This week started with the Moon in Cancer, seeking to establish home, family and homeland security. How? With a surge of information, as Mercury (info) met up with Jupiter (expansion) at 27 Scorpio. Oh joy oh joy — we are now in the shadow phase of the last Mercury retrograde of 2018: November 16 – December 6th. The shadow phase refers to the path that Mercury will retrace during its retrograde and subsequent forward motion.
- Mercury was at 27 Scorpio on Monday;
- it will turn retrograde at 13 Sagittarius on November 16th.
- It will retrace its steps until December 6th, when it turns direct at 27 Scorpio.
- Mercury will be out of its shadow phase on December 25th, when it moves past 13 Sagittarius.
Point is, that whatever information and negotiating you are doing between now and November 16th may be REviewed, REnegotiated, REetc — so be flexible. Clear?
With Mercury’s shadow in mind, it was highly amusing to receive an email from CNN on Monday AM, apologizing for the many typos in its daily news digest (e.g., congratulating the World Series champs — the “Red Sex” instead of the Red Sox). Coincidence or conspiracy?
On Tuesday, after a 12-minute void nobody noticed, Moon entered rip roarin’ Leo at 10:42 PM ET. There it will continue to issue royal edicts and party on until it goes void on FRIDAY at 12:31 AM — but only for an hour or so — hardly noticeable.
Meanwhile, WEDNESDAY featured four notable patterns:
- At 12:39 AM ET Mercury left Scorpio for Sagittarius. Deep thoughts held close to the vest for the sake of control are now history. In Sagittarius, Mercury suggests a mindset that needs to push boundaries, driven by righteously opinionated ideals. Upside: how refreshing. Downside: how sloppy — as in that sloppy tax bill that was rammed through the House and Senate last year, during a Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius. Seriously, “sloppy” was what it was called all over the place — but you heard it hear first.
- In effect all week, the electric buzz of an opposition between Venus (women, money, art) and Uranus would have been reflected in any headline or close encounter with an unconventional attraction or upset in matters of social expression. That happened at 4:45 AM ET. If you have a planet around 0 degrees of Taurus, Scorpio, Leo or Aquarius you may have gotten a little hit of humanitarian love. Here’s a sample headline: “Google Walkout: Employees Stage Protest Over Handling of Sexual Harassment”.
- At 12:40 PM, the Sun and Moon squared off, suggesting a crisis or action point on whatever what released in the wake of last week’s Full Moon.
- At 3:42 PM ET — hallelujah hallelujah — retrograde Venus left Scorpio for Libra, instantly changing the tone of this Venus retrograde’s REview of what, whom and how we love. Traditionally, Venus is not at its best in Scorpio. Loyal to a fault, but potentially controlling and prepared to act on the maxim that “revenge is a dish best served cold.” In Libra, Venus can be sweetly accommodating, willing to see both sides — and even talk about it. Venus in Libra values fairness, diplomacy and harmony in relationships. And that’s where Venus will be on November 6th, when everyone reading this forecast, along with all of your friends and relations, goes to vote — if you haven’t already.
Party on with exuberance for the rest of the day (Thursday), aided by a bombastic challenge to the festive/regal Leo Moon from Jupiter, now in the last degrees of depth-seeking Scorpio. That’s exact 11:25 PM ET, and it’s all over the news and P45’s horoscope, as he tries to scare everyone into voting for candidates who will enable authoritarian dreams. This would reflect the harshest potential of next year’s meet up of Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, in the wake of the never-ending series of Uranus-Pluto squares that occurred between 2011 and 2016. It is not unique to the United States — look who just won an election in Brazil — a country whose environmental policies affect everyone on the planet.
at 1:48 AM ET on FRIDAY, Moon enters Virgo to set things right, down to the last detail. No skipping out early, but some enchanted evening may be in store as the Moon opposes dreamy Neptune at 1:22 AM ET on SATURDAY. Not only that, but the Scorpio Sun is also in alignment with Neptune, exact on 1:41 AM ET on TUESDAY. Meanwhile, Venus (women/yin) and Mars (men/yang) are actually getting along all next week, with an exact trine (harmony) next Friday morning. I find this encouraging.
Shop intuitively this weekend; the only Moon void happens between 2:26 AM ET and 4:01 AM ET on SUNDAY. Moon then enters Libra, seeking fairness, balance — or at least a good debate. A wet blanket may materialize around 1:02 PM ET, as the Moon is squared by Saturn. Don’t call Mom.
No sleeping in on Monday. There is no void, and the Moon’s weekly clash with Pluto happens at 12:55 PM. A power play the day before Election Day? With transiting Mars (action) and Jupiter (expansion) about to make contact with the Midheaven and Ascendant of P45’s horoscope on November 6th and 7th, respectively, we’ll find out soon enough.
And now, the news.
As you know, dominant headlines in the wake of the Full Moon did reflect the worst potential of Sun-Uranus shocks, and Mars – Pluto (violence, destruction) running wild.
- A Florida man sent pipe bombs to two former U.S. presidents and other lawmakers who are members of the Democratic Party, as well as CNN, actor Robert DeNiro and many more. No one is surprised to learn that the would-be MAGAbomber was an ardent P45 supporter, or that his targets were all persons and entities attacked by P45. Thankfully no one was physically harmed.
- A Pennsylvania man murdered 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue on Saturday. In Mister Rogers’ neighborhood. During a bris. Those who lost their lives ranged in age from 54 to 97. It was the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in recent U.S. history. The Pennsylvania man was shot several times and treated at a local hospital…by several Jewish medical professionals, including this man, Dr. Cohen.
In other news…
UPDATE: Caitlyn Jenner is once again clutching her pearls over the P45 administration’s apparent intention (leaked) to strip away civil rights protections for transgendered people by defining “gender” by whatever equipment you have at birth — no returns or exchanges. She is shocked — shocked — shocked — right on schedule. And says she was wrong– wrong — wrong to believe that she could count on P45 for support. Her horoscope is being rattled by transiting Uranus conjunct her potentially humanitarian Aquarius Moon and squaring her Scorpio Sun and Ascendant. She could really rock the world over the next two years — and not just because of her new friendship with 22-year-old Sophia Hamilton. Let’s see where she’s at in the summer.
UPDATE: Angela Merkel is also right on schedule. Last week she announced she would step down as leader of her political party, though offered to stay on as Chancellor until 2021. She became Chancellor in 2005, with transiting Saturn conjunct her Cancer Sun. Tension in her horoscope reflects the potential for change — with a possible wipeout in 2019. If her 6 PM birth time is accurate, we see transiting Neptune squaring her expansive Sagittarius Ascendant, with a first hit exact in March. Meanwhile, transiting Pluto will square her Midheaven (career/public status), another suggestion of major transformation, for better or worse.
Meanwhile, don’t believe astrologers who tell you that when Jupiter is hot in your horoscope, everything is going to be hunky-dory. True, Jupiter refers to abundance and good fortune — but sometimes it may simply suggest expansion, and that’s not always good. Take Megyn Kelly, for example. She’s a Scorpio who had transiting Jupiter on her Sun just days ago, on October 20th. Not the backdrop you’d expect for a headline like this: “Megyn Kelly’s Blackface Comment Killed Her NBC Show” — although she is reportedly exiting the network with $69 million. We don’t have a birth time for Ms. Kelly, but if she has an early Leo Moon, transiting Uranus squaring that Moon would definitely reflect a shocking upset to her status quo. Prediction: next summer is likely to be tough.
Closing with a WaPo article that made me smile — “How ‘Kindness Contagion’ Improves Lives, Especially Now.” More, please. Enjoy.
Thank you for reading this forecast. To find out what it all means for you personally, here’s the 411 on personal consultations. We will have a fun and productive discussion together.