Monday 4/15/2019: Sneak Peek at the Week; Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright; Mayor Pete Makes It Official
Moon entered Virgo at 6:19 AM ET, driving the day with a need for exacting perfection. A harmony between the Moon and Uranus invites innovation. If you have a planet or angle around 24 degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces (e.g., Tiger Woods), you either have plenty of reasons to celebrate — or you bit off way more than you can chew. That’s the plus or minus of today’s square between two planets generally associated with good fortune: Venus and Jupiter. It suggests an indulgent mood everyone can appreciate, whether their horoscope is directly affected or not. The square is exact at at 7:15 PM ET. As the evening progresses some may feel snippy, as the persnickety Moon squares assertive Mars in double-talking Gemini.
Between TUESDAY and next MONDAY there are no exact aspects among the planets, except to the Moon — but this does not mean it’s likely to be an uneventful week. Quite the contrary, experience has shown. These apparent lulls are often deceptive. It’s like looking at a giant ice shelf on the most sparkling sunny day ever…and then, for no apparent reason, half the shelf crumbles into the ocean. So if an “other shoe” drops in the headlines, I will not be surprised, and neither should you. We do have a Full Moon on FRIDAY...and next MONDAY the Sun makes it’s annual meet-up with rebel Uranus, which suggests disruption for better or worse.
- TUESDAY — Note your dreams upon waking, as the Virgo Moon is opposed by visionary Neptune at 11:10 AM ET. The rest of the day is devoted to making dreams a reality, supported by harmonies among the Moon, Saturn (structure) and Pluto (power). Communication is bound to be especially prominent, as Mercury (how we need to think) is FINALLY back to where it was on March 5th, the day it turned retrograde at the verrrrrrrrry end of “whatever I believe is true” Pisces. The day ends with a splash, as the Moon squares Jupiter at 10:03 PM ET.
- WEDNESDAY — Moon goes void at 12: 29 AM ET and enters Libra at 7:22 AM ET. Big news is that at 2:01 AM ET, Mercury enters Aries, adding prominent information to whatever was going on around the Vernal Equinox. That’s when Robert Mueller sent his report into a black hole, where it hasn’t been seen since. Although the aptly-named Attorney General William Barr has teased that he will release a redacted version sometime this week. Coincidence or conspiracy? With a people-pleasing Libra Moon driving the next two days, fairness and balance are likely to be front and center. Meanwhile, rumor has it that the redacted report may be color-coded. WaPo funnywoman Alexandra Petri explains what it all means.
- THURSDAY — Emotions are on the rise, as the Libra Moon is waxing. Get it done in the early part of the day. The longer you wait, the closer you’ll be to the wet blanket/brick wall and power plays suggested by the Moon’s square to Saturn at 4:48 PM ET, followed by the Moon’s weekly clash with Pluto at 9:18 PM ET. A harmony between the Moon and Jupiter at 11:07 PM ET soothes frazzled feeling before bedtime.
- FRIDAY — Full Moon in Libra at the verrrrry last degree of Libra, exact at 7:12 AM ET. It promptly goes void for a brief spell, then dives into Scorpio to brood over whatever was illuminated. A jolt or revelation likely arrives by lunchtime ET, as the Moon opposes Uranus.
- SATURDAY — Sun enters Taurus at 4: 55 AM ET, sort of slowing down the pace. I say sort of, because with Mercury in Aries, thoughts and communication are racing intensely forward until May 7th. At 12:11 PM Venus also enters Aries, sharpening social expression as much as Mercury in Aries sharpens our minds. Not now, but RIGHT NOW would be an apt Aries expression. Women, money, art and social graces are sure to be prominent in the headlines, as Venus will be at the Aries Point. If you’re an Aries, your dance card may be fill up fast between now and May 15th. Enjoy.
And now, the news.
Back in 2017 I wrote:
Tiger Woods was one of the first — if not the first — person whose horoscope I started tracking as it was making news. This was back in November of 2009, when Mr. Woods got into an argument with his then-wife about his infidelities. Shocking news at the time, but totally in line with the potential seen in the horoscope:
Meanwhile, what’s up w/Tiger? This Capricorn w/Virgo rising (the energy to make things happen, expressed through a prism of perfection) has his Sun in the very private 4th house. You better believe he doesn’t want to talk about it. However, a quick glance at his chart speaks volumes: transiting Uranus about to break out in the 7th house of marriage (needing freedom and independence); progressed Moon (emotions) challenging Mars (the combination produces heated emotions); transiting Pluto (transformation) struggling to adjust to demands of obligation (Saturn); a boatload of Venus connections (you can bet women are involved) and if that weren’t enough — Pluto the transformer is all over a number of key midpoints (I told you I was reading the chapter on midpoints)! Bottom line: challenges in the House of Woods…to be dealt with over the next few months.
Right now (May 30, 2017) Mr. Woods has transiting Saturn at the bottom of his horoscope, hitting all the angles and his Moon in boundary-pushing Sagittarius. We see an opportunity for Mr. Woods to take a good look at his personal core foundation and clean up whatever needs cleaning. We also see a disruptive challenge to his Mercury from Uranus, suggesting an upset in how he needs to think, communicate and otherwise go about his business. Not only that, but Uranus is also making contact with the angles of the horoscope by solar arc — it’s a similar pattern to what was happening in 2009.
Over the weekend Mr. Woods was booked on a suspected DUI. Mr. Woods says he was having a reaction to prescription drugs, not alcohol. It is interesting to note that transiting Neptune is currently squaring his natal Neptune, impacting the areas of his life related to how he needs to think, as well as the public. Neptune refers to drugs, alcohol and spirits of all kinds. Astrology is amazing.
Yeah, Saturn transits can be tough. But when you rise to the challenge and do the work, after the streamlining comes expansion. Yesterday Tiger Woods made headlines with a Masters tournament win at least one reporter called “the greatest comeback in sports history.” Astrologers would call it “transiting Jupiter on his Moon, opposing his Midheaven (career),” aided and abetted by other patterns suggesting heightened intuition and innovation. It will be interesting to see where he’s at in 2021 and 2022, when transiting Neptune will hit his Moon and angles, with input from Uranus as well. Fun fact: guess whose Moon sits right on the Moon of Tiger Woods? P45. No wonder they golf together…and no wonder P45 just tweeted that Woods will be awarded the Medal of Freedom — the nation’s highest civilian honor.
Meanwhile, Pete Buttigieg fulfilled expectations and formally announced his run for president. He picked a darn good time on a day with the Sun in Aries (as good as it gets) in a Grand Trine with the regal Leo Moon and Jupiter in Sagittarius (the sign it rules). Plus, transiting Uranus was within 24 hours of an exact square to his Venus (social expression; values) in Aquarius (humanitarian, innovative, friend to all). Transiting Uranus is also in contact with Buttigieg’s Jupiter/Pluto midpoint, suggesting an intensified experience with power and resources. One wonders if he consults with an astrologer. With transiting Pluto exactly square his natal Saturn, he’s got hard, hard work penciled into his calendar through the end of this year. Many might find that an anguished prospect, but lately I’ve been thinking that Buttigieg was born with an intimate understanding of the ruthless demands of Pluto and Saturn. How so? His Capricorn Sun is squared by both, suggesting potential fortitude and discipline against seemingly insurmountable odds. Hmm. Depending on where he stands at the end of 2019, 2020 offers a potential windfall opportunity, as transiting Uranus opposes his natal Jupiter in “man on a mission” Scorpio. Wish we had a birth time. Here’s what I wrote about him earlier this year. Fun fact: Buttigieg was born with Venus square Jupiter — same pattern is exact today. That’s not a coincidence.
In other news, WaPo‘s Alexandra Petri has a few things to say about presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren.
I’ve written about Rep. Ilhan Omar’s horoscope for the next issue of Mountain Astrologer — coming to a newsstand near you soon — or subscribe online. I wrote about Nancy Pelosi in the current issue. She will soon receive the Profile in Courage award from the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, reflecting certain visionary patterns in her horoscope that are in effect this year.
What’s going on in your horoscope? Are you due for a winning streak after a series of challenges, like Tiger Woods? Primed to set the world on fire, like Pete Buttigieg? A personal consultation offers clarity, validation and confidence. But don’t take from me. Take it from a client who recently booked a consultation to better understand how she and a business partner could work most effectively. What skills did each bring to the table? How did their communication and thought processes differ? What did each of them need in order to feel fulfilled in the partnership? The focus was on the creative potential of the partnership. Afterwards, she wrote:
So many of the things you said deeply resonated with me at my core. Your reading was one of the most profound readings I’ve ever had! In fact, I want to book your 90 minute to 2 hour one where you really look through the chart and go through all the details of one’s life. Would that be possible?