Monday 11/19/2018: Sneak Peek at the Week; Neptune Direct, Bigtime
The day is driven by the Moon in me-me-me Aries, looking to get something started. Add to this the ginormous expansive potential of tonight’s square (challenge) between Mars (action! assertion!) and Jupiter (publishing! higher education! dogma!optimism!), exact at 8:30 PM ET. If you were born around the 22nd of February, May, August or November, you’re feeling the growth potential more than most.
What could possibly trip you up? Mercury retrograde, but not just any old Mercury retrograde. The need to focus and doublecheck thrice before hitting “send” has been amplified in recent days. I say this because Mercury has been in a tense pattern with foggy Neptune. If you’re an artist, musician or other visionary type, you may be feeling divinely inspired. The rest of us may struggle to sort through the facts — and we are totally seeing this in the weekend’s headlines, as you’ll soon see.
Note the potential for a power play or an emotional catharsis around 11:21 PM ET, as the Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto. The rest of the week goes like this:
TUESDAY: More Moon in me-me-me Aries. A clash of values (me vs. we) is possible around 10:45 AM ET, as Moon opposes Venus (social expression). An upset or surprising revelation may hit the wires around 5:46 PM ET, as Moon meets up with rebel Uranus…then goes void for an hour — you probably won’t even notice it. However, you may notice the relative calm that kicks it at 6:43 PM ET, when the Moon enters Taurus. Good food and drink, creature comforts and simple joys — that’s what Taurus seeks.
WEDNESDAY: More of the Moon in Taurus same (Taurus is not a fan of change). Good for organizing and consolidating your planned Thanksgiving feast.
THURSDAY: Happy Thanksgiving! At 4:02 AM ET the Sun leaves Scorpio for high-flying Sagittarius. Whereas Sun in Scorpio can keep much under wraps for the sake of control, Sun in Sagittarius is more inclined to let it all hang out, and never mind the mess. If you were a Centaur (half-human, half-horse), aiming an arrow at the sky, whilst galumphing across an open field, you’d trip over your four left hooves on occasion, too. But what a fitting festive energy for the beginning of the holiday season.
As opinionated as Sagittarius needs to be, note that the Taurus Moon suggests that no one’s opinions are likely to change in table conversations at your family gatherings. Plus, emotions are on the rise, with a Full Moon exact at 12:39 AM ET on Friday.
Note that the Moon will be void all day, suggesting more than the usual twists and flakes disrupting your efforts to move forward in a straight line. The void starts at 4:58 PM ET and ends at 11:10 PM ET. If you’re watching a football game, Moon voids favor surprise upsets by the underdog.
FRIDAY: Moon in Gemini suggests a big buzz on this Black Friday, in the aftermath of the early AM Full Moon (more on that in the next forecast). Moon opposes expansive Jupiter at 4:47 AM ET — let’s buy it ALL! Moon squares Mars at 7:11 AM ET, and you could not pay me to be standing in line for a sale during this potentially combative pattern. If you’d like to have an argument about it, the Moon’s opposition to Mercury (mindset, communication) will happily oblige around 3:30 PM ET. The day ends on a dreamy note, as Moon squares Neptune at 10:22 PM ET. Happy hour, anyone?
SATURDAY: Neptune turns direct at 8:09 PM ET, ending a five month period of subtle focus on using your own dreams and intuition for guidance. When a planet is retrograde, the suggestion is to turn inward on issues involving that planet, as opposed to looking outside the self. You’ll feel the effects of Neptune’s change of station more personally if you were born 13-16 days into Pisces, Virgo, Gemini and Sagittarius…or if you have a planet or angle at 13-16 degrees of those signs.
What kind of effects? Oh….perhaps you are feeling somewhat bewildered…or less inclined to be in Type A personality mode (if you are normally a Type A personality). You may find yourself needing to express your creativity — even if you have never thought of yourself as a “creative” person. You may also find being of service richly rewarding.
Note that whenever a planet changes direction, it pulls focus in the headlines several days before and after. See an uptick in stories of deception, dreams, drugs, oil, spirits of all kinds, etc? I sure do.
Note also that Saturday is known officially as SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY. Now is the time to support small businesses when shopping for gifts for everyone on your list. I am a small business, and I have lovely handcrafted gift certificates for assorted consultations and reports that are sure to please. I will send them to you (or the intended recipient) in an elegant and festive envelope, and your shopping will be done — huzzah!
And now, the news, starring wiggy Neptune fogging up the way we need to think (Mercury); humongous acts of generosity (Mars in Pisces square Jupiter in Sagittarius):
- “Nothing on this page is real:” How Lies Become Truth in Online America. — a must-read!
- “40 years ago, this journalist survived the Jonestown massacre. Now he warns it could happen again. ” Hopefully you all remember cult leader Jim Jones, who gave us the phrase “drink the Kool-Aid.” How fascinating to note that his horoscope has Mercury and Neptune about to change direction, same as current planetary patterns (!). Both are in an easy flow with his Capricorn Ascendant. Translation, for non-pros: he needs to be seen as an executive in charge, who is able to convincingly communicate his (potentially delusional) vision, for better or worse. Taurus Sun; Aries Moon suggests a need to be a leader that establishes material security. His horoscope will heat up in 2019, as transiting Pluto squares his Venus and his Saturn. Horoscopes live forever!
- Argentina’s missing submarine found a year after it vanished with 44 aboard Mercury retrograde may facilitate lost objects, and in this case, the sub was found with Mercury right back where it started — 13 degrees of Sagittarius — on the day an underwater explosion was detected.
- In traditional medical astrology, Jupiter and Sagittarius refer to the hips; Jupiter is now in Sagittarius, which make it an apt time for: “Rear View: the Big Business of Bottoms.”
- Speaking of big business and ginormous acts of charity involving higher education, Michael Bloomberg just gave his alma mater a whopping $1.8 billion. The purpose: scholarships for low-income students. What a mensch. He’s also thinking of running for president in 2020, and yes, OK, we can see in his horoscope why he would need to muster the potent force and emotional zeal to be a contender. And yes, we can also see how his world could be turned upside down in mid-2019, as he fulfills a need to be an innovative force for change.
- UPDATE: No surprise at all that Marianne Williamson officially announced her presidential bid last week. As I wrote in August, “With transiting Uranus supercharging her Capricorn Moon this year, we can appreciate why she’d be fired up about making something happen — whatever it takes. Ms. Williamson was certainly on to something in her open letter to Hillary Clinton, published before Mrs. Clinton announced her presidential run. And we see other patterns in her horoscope reflecting a need to expand on a vision and get the message out there in 2019. We also see patterns requiring no small amount of discipline and focus.”
- UPDATE: on Michael Avenatti, whose life seemed so effortlessly successful when he burst onto the scene as Stormy Daniels’ legal eagle-in-chief. But I couldn’t help but notice back then that Mr. Avenatti had a pattern in his horoscope suggesting extreme duress and potential anguish, exact in mid-September — and in effect for a few months before and after. As I am not a psychic, I could not see exactly how that potential would play out, but now we have a few examples: TMZ reporting (in a total Mercury retrograde/possibly lying Neptune fog) of Mr. Avenatti’s arrest on charges of domestic violence — all of which remains a mystery. And his law firm was evicted from its offices for alleged non-payment of rent, which was a pittance compared to a judgement against him in October for almost $5 million. Would it surprise you to learn that the challenging pattern in his horoscope involves his finances, self-worth and real estate? In 2019, those issues will continue to be a focus, as transiting Pluto (ruler of his 2nd House and the aforementioned financial/worth concerns) hits him from all angles. The upside potential is transformation and empowerment. We shall see.
- TOLD YA SO: “Monica Lewinsky revisits scandal on her own terms, in new docuseries” — i.e., 20 hours of interviews. Back in May, I wrote: “Something is obviously going on in her horoscope. Take a look and immediately notice that transiting Uranus is about to square her 0 Leo Sun. Transiting Pluto is squaring her natal Mars-Uranus opposition. I have no idea what’s she is planning this year, but she has the potential to turn a few worlds upside down with persuasive, break-through action.” Well, now we know more about what she was planning. And just think, if Hillary Clinton were in the White House, this docu-series might well be dominating the news, instead of P45’s new Finnish-American forest management program, “Rake America Great Again.”
In any case, if you were born on the first few days of Leo, Aquarius, Taurus or Scorpio you are likely ready to break out, too. Consult your local astrologer for details.
I leave you with SNL’s cold open from the weekend, in which controversial cable TV personality Laura Ingraham (played by Kate McKinnon) discusses voter fraud, interviews a guy called Vape God and introduces a new level of Mercury-square-Neptune truthiness called “Feel Facts.” It totally reflects the potential of current planetary patterns.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and for sharing it with your friends. Here’s the 411 on personal consultations.