Friday 2/15/2019 & the Long Weekend: Mars-Uranus in the News; Astrology is Amazing
Moon entered Cancer at 9:03 AM ET, driving the day with a need for emotional, home and homeland security. The Moon cruises with little interference until SATURDAY, when it faces off against Saturn at 12:40 PM ET, followed by its weekly clash with Pluto at 9:39 PM ET. The latter suggests a power grab or emotional catharsis; the former suggests a sober advance or a wet blanket tossed on your initiative by a Designated Authority Figure. There’s no Moon void to deter you from shopping to beautify your cozy home — or seek out any other beautiful escape: music, art, healing, spirit — all suggested by a lovely harmony between Venus and Neptune at 3:45 AM ET on Sunday. Note your dreams.
Moon goes void on SUNDAY at 9:17 AM ET, on its weekly clash with rebel Uranus. Sleep in until 10:21 AM ET, when Moon enters Leo, looking for a place to shine and party. A clash of will might be in your orbit around 1:57 PM ET, as the regal Moon is squared by action hero Mars in stubborn Taurus. My money is on that intractable Mars.
Humanitarianism and equality for all, exemplified in leadership, is facilitated by a harmony between the Sun and Uranus, exact on MONDAY at 2:54 AM ET. That’s on the table all weekend, as is a focused and sobering initiative regarding women, money, art and social expression — reflected by a meet-up between Venus and Saturn in status-seeking, goal-oriented Capricorn.
Monday is a holiday. Happy Presidents’ Day Mattress Sales! There’s no Moon void and emotions will be on the rise, preparing for a Full Moon (another Supermoon!) on TUESDAY morning. Plus, Chiron will be leaving Pisces on MONDAY. What does that mean? I will write more about this in the next forecast, but for now, note that Chiron is associated with ecology and, at the last degree of Pisces it is at the Aries Point, attracting prominence. Until I thought about Chiron, I was puzzled by the news that the Republican-controlled Senate actually passed a bill expanding national parks.
And now, more news.
Astrology is amazing. As anticipated, The Donald responded to triggers in his horoscope and the horoscope of his inauguration with an act of expansive assertion: declaring a national emergency (while also saying that he “didn’t need to do this“) in order to secure funding for his divisive border wall. To recap the patterns we saw coming weeks ago (that totally prepared us):
- transiting Jupiter conjunct his Sag Moon and toxic South Node and opposing his blah blah blah Gemini Sun, suggesting a need for expansion. Fun fact: this week he was officially declared to be “obese,” another apt reflection of transiting Jupiter;
- transiting Mars at 0 Taurus, triggering the January total lunar eclipse at 0 Leo-Aquarius, which triggers the 0 Aquarius Sun of The Donald’s inauguration chart. We know there will be action!
- transiting Sun at 26 Aquarius, opposing The Donald’s regal 26 Leo Mars.
The chart for the announcement of the faux emergency signing appears to have commenced around 11:02 AM ET on 2/15/2019 in DC — my source is an 11:02 AM tweet from Sarah Sanders with a photo of The Donald signing something — it’s frankly not clear what it was, since at 11:02 AM ET, he was still at a podium talking. Let’s test the time of the Official Announcement, and if it’s workable, patterns suggests that the declaration of a national emergency is ultimately an exercise in futility, but not without a fight. We note these dates for significant action: Feb 23, Mar 22 – Mar 27th; Jul 10-11th — with more to come as the year progresses. Mark your calendars.
Meanwhile…have you noticed that Stephen Colbert now has a segment called “Meanwhile…?” I wonder if anyone on his staff reads this forecast. If so, please note that I’d love to write for that show.
Meanwhile, there was plenty to report reflecting the awesome, daring and disruptive action of Mars (action!) and Uranus (daring!) meeting up at the very very end of Aries (guns, pioneers):
- After 15 years, the mission of Oppy the Mars rover, is officially declared dead, killed by a duststorm that kicked up last May days after Uranus first entered earthy Taurus.
- Airbus announced it is ending production of its jumbo plane, the A380.
- Tech giant Amazon suddenly canceled plans to build a headquarters in New York City, citing citizen backlash. It also paid $0 in federal income tax — for the second year in a row — despite making a profit last year of $11.2 billion.
- A week ago, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos made headlines by publishing emails from lawyers representing AMI, the parent company of the National Enquirer. Bezos says AMI was attempting to blackmail him. He also claims that AMI’s efforts were politically motivated, and that a government agency may have been the source that provided AMI with the photos.
- Paul Manafort’s plea deal was voided by a judge; Mueller says Manafort breached the deal by repeatedly lying;
- Former FBI Acting Director Andrew McCabe — last written about here a year ago — just published a book filled with fascinating and disturbing revelations about his experience with The Donald’s administration; he’ll be interviewed on 60 Minutes this Sunday; it’s been called a “bombshell,” which is true to the spirit of Mars-Uranus…and also with the Mars-Pluto pattern in McCabe’s horoscope — see the link to prior post above. File the Manafort and McCabe news as being in sync with the horoscope for The Donald’s inauguration, along with patterns in their unique horoscope. Manafort was discussed here.
- Former Massachusetts Republican governor and Libertarian VP candidate William Weld will challenge The Donald for the Republican presidential nomination. Here is his horoscope — with an unconfirmed birth time — no surprise that he is tossing his hat into the ring.
- “Whistleblower seeks protection after sounding alarm over White House security clearances,” including Jared Kushner’s.
- “House panel backs bill expanding gun sale background checks” — first initiative from Congress of this kind in eight years. But Google “gun control bill” and you’ll find this is now a hot topic in many state legislatures, too.
Finally, South Bend, Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg announced the forming of an exploratory committee for a presidential run on January 31st, but not many people noticed. Born on Jan 19, 1982 in South Bend — time unknown — he is the youngest of the contenders. But that Jan 19th birthdate has been experiencing the disruptive buzz of transiting Uranus supercharging a 29 Capricorn Sun. We could expect a breakout. With transiting Mars joining Uranus for the party this week, Buttigieg stopped in to see Stephen Colbert. We can’t tell if he has a Scorpio or Sag Moon — feels like Scorpio — think he has that “Scorpio stare?” If so, this is a man who needs to be appreciated for his depth and substance. Transits in his horoscope this year and next are similar to Howard Schultz’s. This is a potentially anguished quest — but other patterns in his horoscope suggest staying power. Keep an eye on him in 2024.
What’s going on in your horoscope? When will you toss your hat into the ring? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations and reports.
Thank you for reading this forecast.