And what a week it was, but you were prepared, right? Because astrology is amazing!
Here’s a recap of the forecast for the weekend:
SATURDAY: Moon has been Pisces since Friday afternoon, driving most of the weekend with a need for sensitivity and empathy, so we can process this week’s happenings.
- Moon clashes with Virgo Mercury’s insistence on accurate details at 3:01 PM ET. Plans to gather with friends are supported in the evening by the Moon’s sextile with Uranus at 9:49 PM ET.
- SUNDAY: begins with a dreamy meet-up between the Moon and Neptune, so yes, note your dreams. Whomever is inspired to take action this morning has the intuitive potential of the Pisces Moon at their back, as Moon sextiles Mars and Pluto around 11 AM ET. At 11:10 AM ET, Moon goes void for 5 1/2 hours — time to chill and refrain from making impulse purchases. At 1:10 PM ET, Sun opposes Saturn, reflecting news of cuts, losses, death, ambitious advances and controls — often on the part of leaders of state and business. Here an example from a Sun-Saturn opposition in 2018.
- SUNDAY: Moon enters Aries at 4:42 PM ET, looking to get something started — and noticed! That drive is backed by a trine between Mars and Pluto at 5:28 PM ET, suggesting an easy flow of aggression action in the extreme, possibly involving a power play. Note that Mars is approaching a conjunction with the fixed star Algol — exact on MONDAY — and associated with losing one’s head. Coming so close to the opposition between the Sun (leaders) and Saturn (cuts and losses), it would not be unreasonable to expect stories of some “losing their head” — metaphorically or otherwise.
No sleeping in on MONDAY. The Aries Moon may have you bouncing out of bed, buoyed by a meet-up with Jupiter at 6:59 AM ET.
And now, the news.
But first…for a review of why this week was so action-packed, check out Episode 13 of “Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast,” which my colleague Whitney Fishburn and I released earlier today. Whitney’s show notes are a must-read, and you can sign up to have it delivered to your inbox when new episodes are posted — every other Friday. We’re having so much fun with this, and our audience is growing! Thank you so much for your comments, questions and your support! And oh — if you do listen Episode 13, the plane I was expecting to fall out of the sky actually did — and here it is.
And now, really the news…
…which is what was expected, right? The big news involves people whose horoscopes are being triggered by Mars (action, aggression) as it travels through the late degrees of Taurus, triggering the lunar eclipses of May 16th and last November 19th. Meanwhile, the grand, glorious Leo Sun (leaders) was zapped by the lightning bolt potential of Uranus on Thursday’s Full Moon…and is now picking up on the gravitas of Sunday’s opposition with Saturn.
- US Attorney General Merrick Garland holds press conference; says he personally approved Mar-a-Lago search warrant. His horoscope is functioning as anticipated in Monday’s forecast.
- Mar-a-Lago search warrant released on Friday, along with list of items seized by FBI. List includes top secret documents; it’s now clear that TFG is being investigated for violations of Espionage Act. With transiting Neptune squaring his Sun-Moon opposition, espionage charges would be fitting.
- Some of the documents the FBI hoped to recover reportedly had to do with nuclear weapons, which prompted Heather Cox Richardson to remind us that Jared Kushner received a $2 billion dollar “investment” from Saudi Arabia — and no one is quite sure what the Saudis are getting in return.
- “US House passes Democrats’ landmark healthcare and climate change bill,” which is good news reflected in the hot horoscopes of Senator Chuck Schumer, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and President Biden. It’s good news for you, too — if you happen to rely on prescription drugs and/or you buy health insurance on the Affordable Care Act marketplaces. Not one single Republican voted for this bill.
- “Biden signs $280 billion CHIPs and Science Act”. Let the record show that transiting Pluto is on the Midheaven of the 2021 Inauguration chart (and on Sen. Chuck Schumer’s Ascendant). No wonder the Biden Administration is reflecting empowerment at this time, as anticipated in January 2021 — here’s the chart and forecast.
- “Actor Anne Heche dies after car crash” — file under the “heavy news” potential of Sun-Saturn, as well as…
- “Author Salman Rushdie stabbed onstage at New York state event”. Rushdie’s books have prompted death threats against him since the 1980s.
- “CDC drops quarantine & social distancing recommendations for Covid” — and I’m not convinced that this Sun-Uranus release is reason to cheer.
- “The Superbly Original, Gloriously Weird B-52’s Say Farewell to the Road”
In other news, reflecting these bits from Monday’s forecast:
Note the potential for emotional extremes in matters of money, women, aesthetics and social expression and…the seductive charm and/or cooperative peaceful healing of a sextile between Mars and Neptune…
- Stephen Colbert wants YOU to check your voter registration status, and when you do, you could win a trip to New York, free ice cream and a VIP guest spot on “The Late Show!”
Closing on an upbeat note:
- “Missouri cavers found and rescued a dog nearly two months after she went missing.” Hooray for the Missouri cavers!!
Here’s the link to the always-open Cosmic Tip Jar, with gratitude. If you learned something today, chip in!
Thank you for reading this forecast.