Monday 4/8/2019: Sneak Peek at the Week; Power Plays and Streamlining; Jupiter Turns Retrograde
Moon is still in Taurus, seeking to build and maintain material comfort and security. It went void at 4:28 AM ET and won’t enter the next sign — Gemini — until 5:15 PM ET. A Moon void suggests an apt time to focus on routine concerns, with a higher than average probability of a twist or a flake in your efforts to move forward in straight line. Your mission is not to make a mountain out of a molehill over any perceived crisis. Chances are it will be much ado about nothing. This is not the time to launch an initiative you hope will be of consequence. Avoid impulse shopping. Moon voids are excellent times for drafting proposals; writers, type away!
Meanwhile, over the next few days we are building to seriously significant patterns that will be exact on WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY. These heavy hitters are evident now — just look at the news. It goes like this:
- TUESDAY — Moon in Gemini drives the day with a need to be the smartest kid in the room. Buzz, buzz, buzz — with information. The day begins on a provocative meet-up between the Moon and Mars at 4:16 AM ET — the outburst of courage and/or aggression ripples through the rest of the day.
- WEDNESDAY — the first of two annual squares (tense, tough, dynamic releases) between the Sun and Saturn happens at 4:47 AM ET. Why did Trump just demand the resignation of the Department of
Child CagingHomeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen? Because she wasn’t lean and mean enough to suit the lean, mean and ambitious agenda of reflected by a Sun-Saturn square. For headlines from past Sun-Saturn squares, look here and here. We can expect more sobering, streamlining cuts and advances involving heads of state over the next few days.
- WEDNESDAY — But before that happens, we’ll have a release of events reflecting compassionate and aesthetic vision/ideals, reflected by a truly lovely annual meet-up of Venus (women, money, arts, social expression) and Neptune (ideals, healing, deception, oil, drugs, fog). Combine that pattern with the structuring potential of the Sun-Saturn square, and of course the NYT would tell you “How to Make a Vision Board That Works, For Real, This Time“. The empathy for all human suffering may also be applied here: “Someone is Always Trying to Kill You” — a seriously sobering story on the plight of women in Honduras — one of the “three Mexican countries” (per Fox News) that will no longer receive humanitarian aid from the U.S., if Trump has his way.
- WEDNESDAY — Moon goes void at 1:27 PM ET; chill chill chill until 11:31 PM ET, when the Moon enters Cancer. More investigative dirt should be hitting the fan, courtesy of the third sextile (a pattern suggesting ease of communication and cooperation) between Mercury and Pluto, exact at 5:40 PM ET. Mind the void and don’t freak over a bit of info that later proves toothless.
- WEDNESDAY — Jupiter, planet of expansion, turns retrograde at 1 PM ET. As you know, Jupiter is in Sagittarius for most of 2019, expanding matters ruled by Sag: freedom of speech, publishing, foreigners, immigration, travel, sports, courts, dogma — to name a few. If you’ve got a planet or angle around 24 degrees — two thirds of the way — through Gemini, Virgo, Pisces and Sagittarius, you may be in an expansive phase in one or more areas of your life. Jupiter the cosmic sugardaddy has been hanging out at 24 Sag for several days, slowing to a virtual standstill (from our perspective on Spaceship Earth). Jupiter retrograde suggests that whatever was expanding may now be subject to a review and/or delay — especially in the areas related to Jupiter I just listed. Jupiter turns direct on August 11th at 14 degrees Sagittarius. It returns to 24 Sag in early November. FYI, the Sabian Symbol for this Jupiter retrograde is “a chubby boy on a hobby horse,” an image of an immature mind playing with power (the horse is a power symbol). Last time I wrote about this Symbol was on the Full Moon/Eclipse of June 2011. For further provocation, read what Sabian Sage Blain Bovee has to say.
- THURSDAY — Moon in Cancer all day, traveling without interference. A Cancer Moon needs to focus on home/homeland/family security. Consider fortifying your home; indulge in a homecooked meal; whatever nourishes your emotional well-being.
- FRIDAY — Mercury squares Jupiter for the third and last time in this long Mercury in Pisces cycle — the one that started way back in February. More big news hits the fan. Moon opposes Saturn at 11:05 AM ET, then Pluto at 4 PM ET. This suggests heavy advances and power plays. Venus (money, art, women, social expression) harmonizes with Saturn at 11:08 AM ET, suggesting cooperation regarding those heavy advances, for better or for worse. Moon goes void at 7:33 PM ET and enters Leo on…
- SATURDAY — at 3:50 AM ET. Fourteen minutes later, the me-me-me Aries Sun is squared by Pluto, amplifying the power plays that have been in effect during this intense week. Heads may roll or expand; there may likely be news from underground (including seismic action, power and resources — oil, gas, nuclear). You are likely feeling this potent pattern personally if you were born 20 to 23 days into the signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Significant challenges and changes in your life are strongly suggested, brought by forces seemingly beyond your control. No, it’s not all bad; Pluto transits can be quite empowering, even though structures you have relied upon may be taken away. Rise from the ashes and build yourself anew!
- SATURDAY — Moon makes its weekly clash with rebel Uranus at 7:13 AM ET, suggesting a jolt or surprise to Saturday’s start. But oh….does that Leo Moon love a party. How many ways can you shine — and help others shine too, now that the tough patterns of the work week are behind you? Generosity and indulgence are supported by…
- SUNDAY — a lovely harmony between the Aries Sun and Jupiter, exact at 9:40 AM ET. Exceptional depth may be found in matters related to art, women, money and social expression, reflected by a communicative pattern between Venus and Pluto, exact at 7:48 PM ET. Have those heart-to-heart talks; count your blessings….and tune in for the aptly-timed season premiere of Game of Thrones (sure to be epic and record-smashing). Rumor has it that this is when Pete Buttigieg may formally launch his presidential bid. Verrrrrrrry interesting.
And now, the news.
A fascinating op-ed which feels like a metaphor for one’s first Saturn return (at age 29-ish) vs. one’s second Saturn return (at age 58-ish): “The Moral Peril of Meritocracy,” by David Brooks for the NYT. Whaddaya think?
A hint of things to come — if not by early 2020 (when Saturn and Pluto meet up in Capricorn), then perhaps in early 2021 (when Saturn (structure, corporations) is squared by Uranus (disruption): “How regulators, Republicans and big banks fought for a big increase in risky but lucrative corporate loans”
Oh, but that’s a long way off. Plenty of time to indulge in the beautiful fantasy worlds reflected by this Wednesday’s lovely meet-up between Venus and Neptune:
- “These art pieces are made of trash to create an optical illusion”
- “Why the Cool Kids are Playing Dungeons & Dragons”…
- …as evidenced by this recent offering from SNL…huzzah!
To find out what these potent patterns mean for you here’s the 411 on personal consultations. Thank you for reading this forecast.