Friday 1/26/2018 & the Weekend: Twist and Shout (Shake It Up, Baby)
Here’s what you missed from yesterday (Thursday). This post was scheduled to be sent out in the AM, but MailChimp did not deliver.
Steady as you go today, suggests the Moon in Taurus. It’s driven by a need for material comfort and security: good food, wine and sensual delights.
Yesterday and today are apt for digging up dirt and making persuasive proposals, suggested by Mercury (how we need to think) meeting up with ruthless Pluto (this afternoon) and harmonizing with expansive Jupiter tomorrow morning. Just do it. I know I did.
Moon goes void tonight at 10:17 PM ET — keep on trucking through the work day. You can sleep in tomorrow (FRIDAY) without consequence, as the Moon will be void until 12:40 PM ET. Chill!
This is the last full day of Mars in Scorpio. If you were born on the last day of Aquarius, Scorpio, Leo or Taurus…or you have a planet or angle at 29 degrees of those signs, you may be feeling especially fired up — or provoked — or perhaps even attacked — as we roll into the weekend. Same goes if you were born on the first few days of Pisces, Gemini, Virgo and Sagittarius. Exhibit A: the revelation that P45, whose Leo Ascendant was just squared by transiting Mars, tried to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller back in June. Exhibit B: the First Lady, who last experienced transiting Mars opposing her natal Venus at 28 Taurus in August of 2016. That was the week the NY Post published nude photos taken in 1995. On this Mars-Venus opposition, Mrs. Trump cancelled plans to travel with her husband to Davos. It’s their 13th wedding anniversary, btw. Might l’affaire Stormy have something to do with it? Not officially. Still, Mrs. Trump flew to Florida earlier today. An op-ed in the NYT marvels at Mrs. T’s “quiet radicalism.” Just wait and see how quiet she stays when transiting Uranus conjoins her Taurus Sun next year. Exhibit C: the revelation that the P45s asked to borrow a Van Gogh from the Guggenheim. Request denied — but look what was offered instead. Note that Mars at 28 Scorpio triggers the Big Fat Solar Eclipse we had on Aug 21st at 28 Leo…something was bound to come out.
Now for today — FRIDAY —
Mars enters Sagittarius at 7:57 AM ET. Think righteous action pushing boundaries. Tripping over its feet while aiming for the stars. Until March 18th. Meanwhile, the Moon stops drifting in Taurus and gets focused in Gemini at 12:40 PM ET. Twelve minutes later it makes a provocative face-off with fiery Mars. Yowza! Is anyone newsworthy giving a speech? We’ll hear about it, for sure.
No Moon void on SATURDAY means you are free to shop without worrying if your impulse purchase will prove to be disappointing. There’s a buzz buzz buzz in the air, suggested by mental Mercury in a charged connection with rebel technogeek Uranus. Great. You can read about serious high-flyers in the NYT Sunday magazine. “Selling Airborne Opulence to the Upper Upper Upper Class.” Oh New York Times, you are so in sync with planetary patterns…and you don’t even know it!
On SUNDAY, Moon will be void from 5:39 AM ET until 1:57 PM ET. Chill out and take care of routine concerns until the Moon enters Cancer. Then you can focus on creating emotional security in the comfort of your home. No sleeping in on MONDAY. The Moon will not be void. It will be waxing full to a Supermoon (in Leo) and a Lunar Eclipse on Wednesday at 8:27 AM ET. More drama-rama, release and illumination.
And now, the news.
One last story reflecting last week’s Sun-Venus-Uranus square (themes of women, freedom and flight): “Serial Stowaway: How does a 66-year-old woman keep sneaking on to flights?”.
Mercury + Pluto + Jupiter = ruthless investigation; brutal communication:
- From the UK’s Financial Times: FT investigation finds groping and sexual harassment at secretive black-tie dinner — attended by the would-be alpha males of Britain’s power and moneyed elite; add in the last-gasp alpha machismo suggested by Mars at the very end of Scorpio.
- The release of police video showing how yet another unarmed motorist was shot and killed in a Fairfax County traffic stop that occurred two months ago. No word yet on why. The traffic stop happened on November 17th, just before an exact Mars-Pluto square. A Mars-Pluto square suggests violent outbursts, as forecast back then.
- Larry Nassar was sentenced to 40-175 years in prison, an apt punishment for sexually abusing girls and young women under the guise of “medical treatment.” Judge Rosemarie Aquilina was only too happy to ruthlessly “sign his death warrant,” while reading parts of a letter he had written which drew gasps from the courtroom. In his marathon sentencing hearing over the past several days, scores of victims gave him an uncensored piece of their minds. Today, the president of Michigan State University resigned “under pressure.” MSU was Nassar’s former employer. Complaints were lodged against him years ago. MSU wasn’t the only institution — or person — Not. Paying. Attention.
- The shutdown is over — at least until February 8th. Senator Susan Collins won kudos for gathering a group of moderates in her office to work out an agreement. Her secret? An apt Mercury-Pluto symbol: a Native American talking stick. Only the person holding the stick had the power to speak.
- A member of the Satanic Temple made a persuasive case that Missouri abortion regulations violate her religious beliefs
- Meanwhile, “HHS’s New Rule Allows Health Care Workers to Discriminate Against LGBTQ People and Abortion Seekers” — based on a similar argument. Rule of law about to be replaced by rule of opinion?
- The Doomsday Clock was moved forward by 30 seconds. It’s now at two minutes to midnight, the closest it has been since 1953. Brutal.
- Ruthless, but good: Candice Bergen will be back on TV as Murphy Brown, the “take-no prisoners” fictional journalist who caused a scandal by having a child as a single mother back in the ’90s. Saturn has just crossed Ms. Bergen’s 0 Capricorn Ascendant and transiting Pluto is square her 18 Libra Midheaven. Those transits alone suggest transformation, empowerment and the potential emergence of Candice Bergen v. 2.0 in 2018. Murphy Brown returns to the air this fall. Yay!
Add the disruptive tech potential of Mercury squared by Uranus, and you’ve got a persuasive spot from Burger King, which explains what net neutrality is and why it should be reinstated. Brilliant.
UPDATE: Elsewhere, from NPR: ” Sen. Tammy Duckworth’s Pregnancy Set To Be Another First For The Illinois Democrat” . Yes, another first. Sen. Duckworth is the first Asian-American woman to be elected to Congress from Illinois, and the first disabled woman to win election from any state. You should already have a clue as to what we’ll find in her horoscope. An Obvious Something that reflects a need to be a pioneer. Oh…what could it be? Any guesses? Born on March 12, 1968 in Bangkok (birth time unknown), she may be a compassionate Pisces with Moon in regal Leo, but she has two powerful planets in me-me-me-first Aries: Saturn and Mars. And her Mars is hot right now — at 18 Aries (just like Bill Browder from Monday’s forecast), and currently being supercharged by Pluto well into 2018.
What’s going on in your horoscope? When are you going to be feeling the urge to act with persuasive effort? Do you have that inclination naturally — or would you only be fired up in certain supercharged time frames? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. We will have an excellent discussion together.
Thank you for reading this forecast.