Big week in the cosmos — can you feel the buzz? How is traffic? Trains running smoothly and on time? Bwahahaha.
Here’s what’s happening:
The Moon is in Taurus, seeking material comfort and stability. It’s a dead Moon — the last day of the lunar cycle. So if you noticed the buzz but also felt restless or listless, feeling as if something new was just around the corner, that’s not uncommon under a dead Moon. What’s it good for? Wrapping up chores, plotting plots and other Secret Squirrel escapades you’d rather not be brought to light.
On TUESDAY at 7:48 AM ET we’ll have the New Moon at 24 degrees of Taurus, right on P45’s Midheaven. Yes, this next lunar cycle puts his public status in focus — and by extension, that of the United States. We’ll get to the New Moon in a moment.
The really big buzz is as follows:
- 11:23 AM ET on TUESDAY, rebel Uranus ditches Aries for Taurus. Over the next seven years, look for innovation, liberation and disruption is all Taurus-ruled concerns: banking, currency, food, pleasures of the senses, agriculture, the whole concept of possession (vs. renting or vs. community ownership). Perhaps we’ll see innovation and advances in the treatment of thyroid and throat disorders, too. Taurus is an Earth sign, so I would not be surprised if earth-shaking incidents demand our attention.
- Mars leaves Capricorn and enters Aquarius on WEDNESDAY at 12:55 AM ET. I hope you like the idea of Mars being in Aquarius, because except for a few weeks starting on August 13th (when Mars returns to Capricorn), we’re stuck with Mars in Aquarius until November 16th. One of my teachers calls Mars in Aquarius the “rebel with a cause.” So we can expect action in the headlines involving rebellious and/or humanitarian concerns, some of which will have a technogeeky (Aquarius) or “on the fringe” flavor. Think aviation, circuitry, freedom, astrology, outer space, uranium, what’s allegedly “best for everyone”. Those sorts of things.
- These two planets changing signs starts off with a likely bang. Why? Because two hours after Mars enters Aquarius, it makes the first of three squares to Uranus, suggesting a release of tension. What kind of tension? Possibly explosive, seismic, disruptive, ground-breaking, seismic, innovative, genius or mutating. When do the other two squares happen? On August 6th and September 18th. So let’s see how events happening this week are reported in the news around those two dates.
After the mid-week excitement, we’ll be ready for serious contemplation, suggested by FRIDAY’s harmony between Mercury in ponderous Taurus and Saturn in PTB Capricorn. Couple that with a harmony between Venus and Uranus, exact on SATURDAY at 1:29 PM ET. Watch for prominent couplings involving unconventional attractions, as Venus will be at the Aries Point as it leaves Gemini for Cancer (also on SATURDAY). Avid Readers will recall that planets at the Aries Point (0 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn need to attract attention).
Does this sound like an apt pattern to have at the royal wedding of Prince Harry with Meghan Markle? Do you think an astrologer helped them pick that date? I hope they’re starting the ceremony after 7:34 AM ET, when the sensitive Cancer Moon is opposed by patriarchal Saturn (not the easiest pattern for intimacy, though the sense of duty and responsibility suggested does fit). Still, we’re not past the disruptive Mars-Uranus square yet, and even the royal wedding was hit by an upset today. Meghan Markle’s father will not be attending — surprise, surprise.
Humming in the background of it all is the harmony (trine) between retrograde Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces. It’ll be exact on May 25th. Issues pulling focus between now and then include: blood, charity, refugees, drugs, oil, scandal, spirits of all kinds, faith. The contact with Jupiter suggests expansion.
Your Moon voids for the week — not many and not for long. Tuesday 4:30- 4:43 PM ET; Thursday 2:18 PM – 5:47 PM ET; Saturday 5:14 PM – 7:11 PM ET.
About Tuesday’s New Moon. When we set it in Washington DC (and most of the East Coast), it falls in the 12th House, suggesting a lot going on behind the scenes. At 24 Taurus, the Sun and Moon are conjunct the fixed star Capulus, which refers to male sexual/aggressive energy. Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? So there’s much seed-planting potential here that is driven by yang energy, as opposed to yin. P45, as noted above, has Capulus right on his Midheaven — his public status. Others with Capulus active in their horoscope include Roger Ailes, Reince Priebus, Gretchen Carlson, Mick Jagger and David Crosby. Hillary Clinton has her North Node at 24 Taurus.
The Sabian Symbol for this New Moon is “a large well-kept public park.” Sabian Symbol Sage Blain Bovee describes this as “an image of the collective efforts of society that create a space for enjoyment well beyond the scope of any individual’s efforts.” We are advised to be mindful of the creative efforts that are behind a “well-groomed presentation,”– as opposed to the people who exist solely to grab the limelight. Hmmm.
You are more personally affected by the seed-planting potential of this New Moon if you have a planet or angle around 24 degrees of Scorpio, Leo, Aquarius and especially Taurus. Consult your local astrologer for details.
And now, the news.
- First, a big blood story — as in big blood donor. James Harrison — Australia’s ‘Man With The Golden Arm’ Retires After Saving 2.4 Million Babies. “I hope it’s a record that somebody breaks,” Harrison told the Blood Service. Harrison was born on December 27, 1936 — no birth time available. We see his generous spirit suggested by an exact conjunction of his Capricorn Sun with Jupiter. Lovely!
Not-so-lovely — but still reflecting planetary patterns. Avid Readers are well aware that current patterns in P45’s horoscope suggest a need for risky action in matters of foreign affairs. So sure, why not move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? On a Mars-Uranus square, it’s sure to be seen as an act inspiring peace and diplomacy, right? Ermm… no.
“Critics say the move, which broke from almost seven decades of United States policy, could risk peace negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians, who both claim Jerusalem as their capital. Mass protests broke out along the border fence with Gaza…”
…resulting in this: “Israel Kills Dozens at Border as U.S. Embassy Opens in Jerusalem.” Or, as WaPo columnist Dana Milbank put it, “Nothing Says Peace Like 58 Dead Palestinians.” (Mars in a tense aspect with Uranus is born to shock). And how perfectly reflective of planetary patterns it is to have this: “Pastor Who Said Jews are Going to Hell Led Prayer at Jerusalem Embassy Opening.” Though to be fair, Robert Jeffress (the pastor in question) thinks almost everyone is doomed, so… Meanwhile, “An Evangelical Journalist Finds His Calling at the White House.”
Another foreign policy shocker: “In About-Face on Trade, Trump Vows to Protect Jobs….in China.” Meanwhile, we learn that China is contributing $500 million to a P45-related project in Indonesia.
“Moon of Jupiter prime candidate for alien life after water blast found ” — brought to you by disruptive Mars-Uranus combined with Jupiter-Neptune.
“New chemical compound ‘stops common cold in its tracks‘” — that would be a breakthrough. Neptune refers to viruses and chemicals.
- “Supreme Court strikes down federal law prohibiting sports gambling“. Mars refers to sports; Uranus is your upset; Jupiter-Neptune is your fantasy football, as it were…
- Neptune refers to drugs; Jupiter refers to expansion. Drug stocks are soaring, and Paul Krugman is here to tell you all about it in “Just Say Yes to Drug Companies.”
Mars-Uranus refers to aviation disruptions. Exhibit A: Did anyone watch “60 Minutes” last night? They did a feature on MH370 — the Malaysian Airlines plane that was lost over the Indian Ocean four years ago. Apparently investigators are now convinced that the pilot deliberately downed the plane…a theory proposed in 2015 and supported in the horoscope for the plane’s departure. Exhibit B: “Airline dynasty crashes to earth in latest scandal to hit South Korean elite”
UPDATE: Monica Lewinsky. Told ya a week or so ago that her horoscope was hot. Sure enough, Town & Country invited her to an event. Then, because Bill Clinton was also invited, T&C withdrew the invitation. Now it’s all over the news. Astrology is amazing.
Thank you for reading this forecast.