An enterprising Capricorn Moon drives the day with a need to make things happen. What are you doing to take care of business today and all day Saturday? After a potentially self-indulgent morning (courtesy of a face-off between Moon and Venus at 5:22AM ET), Moon trines (harmonizes) with Mercury at 2:22 PM ET, suggesting an easy flow of communication on the details of your practical agenda.
Big planetary pattern of the week is the third and final Jupiter (expansion, law, philosophy, fortune) square (challenging) Pluto at 2:29 PM ET. Pluto refers to power and resources, including the Powers That Be. Jupiter is simply to the max. Is that why the stock market hit another record high? Works for me. Will this bubble ever pop? I thought about this in 2015 — and after comparing patterns in 1999 and 2008, observed one possibility happening — in 2021. This seemed astonishing — to be so far out — so much so that I did not share the observation with cherished Avid Readers back then. Well, we shall see. Though it’s hard to believe we won’t see some belt-tightening in the U.S. when Saturn enters Capricorn and opposes the U.S. Venus, Jupiter and Sun. Those oppositions begin in 2018 and continue through 2019, with late summer/fall 2019 looking especially svelte, as it were. Plus, Jupiter leaves airy-fairy Libra for “get real” Scorpio (on October 10th), demanding depth and substance in order to claim your reward.
SATURDAY begins with a possible catharsis or power play around 7:37 AM ET, as the Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto — and for the moment, Jupiter, too. Then the day is free and clear for constructive projects — including shopping. We’ll have another jolt around 5:22 AM ET on SUNDAY, when the Moon clashes with Uranus. After a brief Moon void (chill!), Moon enters Aquarius at 8:22 AM ET and drives the rest of the weekend with a need for friendship, networking, humanitarian causes and being of social significance. Dinner with friends?
No sleeping in on Monday. Emotions will be running high with the Full Moon in Aquarius at 2:11 PM ET. This is the first of two eclipses this month — as you must have heard. More on that in the next post.
And now, the news.
Reflecting the expansion (Jupiter) of the law (Libra) into matters of fairness and balance (Libra) with respect to the Establishment (Pluto in Capricorn), I offer you this: Justice Dept. Will Look for Anti-White Bias in College Admissions.
It’s much more fun to write about Uranus turning retrograde in pioneering Aries on Thursday, suggesting we’d see stories of rebellion, mutation innovation, disruption, shocks, surprises, aviation, technology and other “far-out” stuff:
- Gene Mutation Edited Out of Embryos
- Light plane kills sunbathers in Portugal
- New Air Force One could come from bankrupt Russian airline
- AI chatbots create own language (and are promptly shut down on Facebook)
- Employees Agree to be Microchipped (!!)
- Apple reaches record high
- A maverick chef turns a tiny Maine town into a destination dining spot. Of course the town is called Freedom
- An airline passenger turns in another passenger who was texting about child abuse; arrests are made
- NASA is hiring a “planet protection officer” to defend us from (space) aliens. What do they know that we don’t?
- NYT has a big feature on the NASA engineers guiding the Voyager mission
- Billionaire coal magnate/West Virginia governor switches parties from D to R. Hmm. That’s really not a surprise. File under Jupiter in Libra square PTB Pluto in Capricorn, especially since the WV guv’s last name is Justice (Libra).
Meanwhile, P45’s horoscope continues to function as designed and as predicted. Transiting Saturn is now slowing down to a dead stop at 21 degrees of Sagittarius. It turns direct on August 25th. It hangs at 21 Sag until mid-September, exerting a bigly squeeze on P45’s opinonated Sagittarius Moon. Down in the garden eating worms? It doesn’t take the pressure off of his Sun at blah blah blah 22 Gemini; Saturn will oppose P45’s Sun at 22 Sag from mid-September until October 4th. So what kind of headlines is P45 making this week? Blocks and other items that show him looking very, very small:
- WaPo’s Daily 202: Mueller impaneling a grand jury makes it more politically difficult for Trump to fire him;
- VP Pence will speak at a conference organized by the Koch Brothers — (also in line with the VP’s Mercury (mindset/communication) being given gravitas by transiting Saturn, for better or for worse;
- A former Republican member of Congress tells Robert Reich that the current Congress has concluded that P45 is “fritzing out”
- Senate blocks P45’s ability to make recess appointments while Senate is technically on vacation
- Oh — and this must-read: transcripts of phone conversations with the leaders of Australia and Mexico in which P45 reveals himself to be a total dope while whining about “not wanting to look like a dope”
- He lands on the cover of Newsweek –– derided for being “a lazy boy”
- It’s all P45 can do to try to muzzle White House leakers by pressuring AG Jeff Sessions to “triple the number of active leak investigations.”
- …well, he could also go on an official vacation. Which he has. He returns to his desk on August 21st, just in time for the eclipse.
You know who else is feeling squeezed, isolated and small? Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark. At 83, he’s miffed that he’s never been named “King” Consort. If he were a she and married a king of Denmark, he would have been named Queen Consort. It’s just not fair! So today he announced that he wasn’t going to be buried next to his spouse, Queen Margrethe, whenever that time should come. Here is Prince Henrik’s horoscope. Sun at 20 Gemini. His Saturn, ruler of his Capricorn Ascendant (how he needs to be seen, which is as an executive authority) will be eclipsed next February, suggesting a change of status, for better or for worse. His Saturn — at 28 Aquarius — will be exactly opposed by the total eclipse on August 21st. Let’s see what changes for him over the next six months.
And here’s what hygge means — if you didn’t get the reference in the headline for today’s post.
Oh! One more cool thing. At the end of October last year I wrote about a cooperative aspect between Jupiter and Saturn that was going to be closerthanthis around Inauguration Day, but then wouldn’t actually happen until August 27th. Jupiter refers to the Republican Party; Saturn to the Democratic. Isn’t it interesting that in recent days we are seeing a few instances of actual cooperation between these two parties? As in — a possible effort at a bipartisan health care bill? A unanimous effort to block P45 from making recess appointments? Let’s check back for further cooperation around August 27th….
What’s going on in your horoscope? If you’re near Santa Fe, we can chat in person next week. Otherwise I am available by phone. If you are not a professional astrologer and you haven’t checked in with an astrologer in the past 12 months, you’re due for a consultation. Astrologers are like dentists, doncha know…and perhaps you’ve never thought of us in quite that way before…
Thank you for reading this forecast.