After shipping yesterday’s post about the New Moon/solar eclipse, I noticed this op-ed in WaPo, which speaks more eloquently to the guidance of the New Moon’s Sabian Symbol. It was a nurturing image of treating others with an open-hearted – albeit perhaps naive – generosity. If you’re not familiar with Sabian Symbols and/or how astrologers use them in their interpretation of planetary patterns, you can read about their origin here.
Highlights for this week are:
- Sun conjunct South Node on Wednesday
- Mercury conjunct South Node on Thursday
- Mercury conjunct Sun and square Pluto on Friday
- Sun square Pluto on Saturday
- Venus trine Jupiter on Sunday
- Mercury enters Scorpio and trines Saturn on Sunday
It goes like this:
- MONDAY: begins with an opposition between Moon and Jupiter, exact at 7:30 AM ET. This is a potentially stubborn face-off, with the Scorpio Moon’s need for control receiving a potentially exuberant (for better or worse) boost from Jupiter (expansion) in territorial Taurus. Moon travels without interference for the rest of the day, with the need for control growing and growing like a snowball rolling down a mountain, building to a potential surprise around 1:01 AM ET on..
- TUESDAY…as Moon opposes Uranus. Dreams are facilitated around 7:20 AM ET, as Moon trines Neptune…with added depth around 11:43 AM ET, as Moon sextiles Pluto. Chill during the ensuing four-hour Moon void. Roll with the twists and flakes that may disrupt efforts to move forward in a straight line. Avoid impulse purchases. Stick to routine concerns and CHILL. West Coasters, your work day may take a while to get into gear. Note the shift in tone as the Moon comes out of the void and enters Sagittarius at 3:36 PM ET. A Sag Moon facilitates the expression of righteous opinion. These next few days are apt for pushing boundaries and expanding horizons. Take a walk in the woods, or catch a foreign film. Go for a gambol or a gamble. But first, let the record show that the first few hours of this Moon in Sagittarius may have a weighty feel, reflecting Moon’s square to Saturn (authority; structure; ambition).
- WEDNESDAY: Moon squares Venus at 7:15 AM ET. Someone is finding fault with the Moon in Sagittarius’s expansive approach, and somehow it must be worked out. At 8:44 AM ET, the Libra Sun meets up with the South Node. Sun refers to leaders of state and business; the South Node suggests destruction and/or release, possibly toxic. It’s all happening in Libra – the law, relationships, balance. Let’s watch the headlines as a collective research project and see what happens. At 1:34 AM ET on…
- THURSDAY:…Mercury — how we need to think and communicate — follows in the Sun’s footsteps. Issues of fairness, justice, balance — or lack thereof — may be prominent. Clarity may be challenged around 1:52 PM ET, as Moon squares Neptune. There’s much in matters of thought and communication that can’t be clearly seen, and this afternoon, the Sagittarius Moon is working to bring parties together, as it sextiles (a cooperative aspect) Mercury and the Sun between 2 and 3 PM ET. Chill during the seven-hour Moon void. Remember that projects launched during Moon voids are often of little consequence. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. At 9:54 PM ET, Moon shifts gears and enters Capricorn, now determined to Make Things Happen. It’s backed by a measure of authority, as Moon sextiles Saturn at 11:10 PM ET, along with a measure of idealism for what’s just and fair, reflecting the meet-up of Mercury and the Sun at 1;37 AM ET on…
- FRIDAY. The Capricorn Moon’s achievement-focused agenda is aided by support from three planets. Moon sextiles Mars at 7:54 AM ET; Moon forms a Grand Trine among Venus and Jupiter for the rest of the day, with exact contact at 4:59 PM ET and 7:29 PM ET. If you have planets around 11 degrees of Virgo, Taurus, and/or Capricorn, an afternoon of seemingly-smooth sailing is possible. Humming in the background for the past few days are two power-packed patterns. At 8:50 PM ET, Mercury squares Pluto, helping someone’s sales pitch be all the more persuasive. This pattern suggests news from underground and a field day for investigative reporters. The second pattern is a square between the Sun (leaders) and Pluto (power, resources, purges, transformation, corruption exposed), exact at 10:09 AM ET on…
- SATURDAY. Here are links to stories that made news on past Sun-Pluto squares — here — and here — and here. You are more personally affected by these two patterns if you have planets around 27 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn. Off the top of my head, that includes the United States, the Republican Party, Hakeem Jeffries, and Patrick McHenry. Moon’s trine to Uranus and sextile to Neptune offer support for innovation and cooperation, followed by a focused power play around 10:32 PM ET, as Moon meets up with Pluto. This is happening against tension between the First Quarter Moon, exact at 11:29 PM ET, in which the progress-oriented Capricorn Moon and the people-pleasing Libra Sun somehow manage to work it out. And perhaps there is a work-out, given two other patterns, exact on…
- SUNDAY. At 12:32 AM ET, Venus and Jupiter are in a harmonious alignment — a trine — in Virgo and Taurus, respectively. This may reflect an easy flow of earthly resources. At 2 AM ET, Moon squares Mercury, now at the verrrry end of Libra. Remember what was in the news last week, when Mars was at the verrry end of Libra? President Biden was concerned about adhering to the laws (Libra) of war (Mars). So perhaps this theme will again be in focus. As if on cue, Heather Cox Richardson has just posted her latest Letter from an American, and in writing about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and Hamas’s attack on Israeli civilians, she says
Their “goal is to undo whatever remains of the rules-based world order, and to put anarchy in its place.
- SUNDAY: Moon enters Aquarius at 2:06 AM ET, seeking to be of unique social significance within the construct of a group. Mercury leaves Libra and enters Scorpio at 2:48 AM ET. At 12:12 PM ET, Mercury trines Saturn, suggesting a need to think with depth and substance, for the sake of power and control, that can be applied strategically, with authority. A square between Moon and Mars at 2:21 PM ET may spark conflict, or at least be energizing. Expansion — for better or for worse — is reflected by the Moon’s square to Jupiter, at 10:26 PM ET.
Here is Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week. The birthing potential of the Page of Cups is reflected in this weekend’s trines. Note that the Page is the youngest court card of the Cups — and isn’t it interesting that in this card, the cup contains a fish – the symbol of Pisces? That’s where Saturn is right now — Pisces — and it is now back at the very beginning of that sign — 0 degrees. A childlike state — in a way — if you ask me.
I’ll have more to say about that in the next forecast.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. I’ll be back in the home office this weekend.
Thank you for reading this forecast.
Where in the world will I be on Thursday?