Note your dreams upon waking and put on your rose-colored glasses. The Pisces Moon continues to drive the energy of the day, seeking to work with impressions, empathy and ideals. It’s well-supported by an expansive contact with Jupiter at 8:13 PM ET. Plus, as you will recall, Neptune cozies up to Venus at 3:01 PM ET, which can activate inspiration for visionary and creative types — especially ones with planets or points around 16 degrees of Pisces, Gemini, Sagittarius or Virgo. Venus refers to art, women, social expression and worth — including financial worth.
The rest of the week goes like this:
- TUESDAY. More Moon in Pisces, but not so well-supported — at least in the wee hours. Moon squares Mars and Neptune at 4:40 and 4:34 AM, respectively, no doubt reflected by someone’s early morning Twitter rants being more covfefe than usual. Plus, Neptune squares Mars at 5: 35 AM. In the headlines, we anticipate still more stories of fanatics, sublime spirituality, religion, sexy scandal; assertions involving chemicals, marijuana, oceans and weapons of war. Upside potential: peaceful initiatives; razzle-dazzle. Moon goes void at 8:18 PM ET, after a few hours of easy connections with Venus, Saturn and Pluto, clearing the way for communication.
- WEDNESDAY — a noticeable shift, as the Moon enters Aries at 6:51 AM ET. It charges through the day with no speed bumps or assists from any other planet. An Aries Moon needs to get something started before anyone else — not not, but RIGHT NOW.
- THURSDAY — a bit of indulgence or excess in the morning, as the Moon squares Jupiter at 9:54 AM ET. The rest of the day is go, go, go, go. go.
- FRIDAY — potential power plays, catharses and/or authoritative advances, as the Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto and Saturn at 6:10 AM and 9:24 AM ET, respectively. Moon goes void at 10:09 AM ET — on a harmony with Mercury. Get the word out — and then chill, chill, chill for the rest of business day. Stick to routine concerns and avoid making mountains out of molehills. At 7:28 PM ET, Moon enters Taurus, determined to build and maintain the status quo. Such efforts may be challenged by a jolt or other upset around…
- SATURDAY — …as the Moon meets up with rebel Uranus at 1:10 AM ET. The next aspect to the Moon is at 8:42 PM ET, when the security-seeking needs of the Taurus Moon challenge the Sun. If there’s a conflict to be faced in your own personal world, know that much can be done to restore the status quo in late evening and all through…
- SUNDAY –…as sextiles (harmony) among Venus and Pluto-Saturn suggest healing, emoting, communication and cooperation — possibly to the advantage of the Powers That Be. The Taurus Moon is well-supported by other planets all through the day — make the most of it.
And now, the news.
Turns out I wasn’t the only one thinking of the Devil last week. Saturday Night Live returned with a vengeance — and a cold open WaPo called “deranged.” It literally went straight to hell — but hey, it aptly reflects Venus — and especially Mars — in a challenging pattern with Neptune, along with this:
- P45’s spiritual adviser and White House staffer paid by your tax dollars “Paula White calls for ‘satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now.'” And yes, there is a tape.
Also dripping with the spiritual and skullduggery potential of Mars-Neptune: former CIA’s Moscow Station Chief Rolf Mowatt-Larssen tweeted that he believes that P45 is a Russian agent. His Twitter handle is @AmericanMystic. Comme c’est bizarre et quelle coincidence. Astrology is amazing.
And speaking of tapes and Twitter, attorney and investigative journalist Seth Abramson has posted a minute-by-minute synopsis of the private dinner conversation released over the weekend by Lev Parnas’s attorney. It is fascinating to note the topics of discussion could all be labelled “Mars-Neptune” — steel, sports, marijuana, foreign intrigue, etc.
Meanwhile, John Bolton is back in the limelight — as someone leaked a letter sent to the White House on December 30th, requesting a standard security review of his tell-all book that is scheduled to be published in March. In the book, Bolton allegedly states that P45 absolutely wanted to withhold aid to Ukraine if it wasn’t willing to announce an investigation of the Bidens — and here’s historian Heather Cox Richardson to explain why this is significant.
OK, so — what does this have to do with astrology?
First, Avid Readers may recall that December 29th – January 3rd was scheduled to be a provocative period for Donald John Trump (Mars square Mars; Mars square Ascendant). We see the potential for attack and an assertive/angry outburst — and within that time frame, he ordered the assassination of General Soleimani. Second, looking at planetary patterns in Bolton’s horoscope (Nov 20, 1948 in Baltimore), we see that Mercury made contact with his natal Mercury-Pluto square on January 25 and 26. Translation: a lot of communication, involving — as Robert Hand writes on page 170 of the essential book, Planets in Transit:
Propaganda and indoctrination; any communication designed to change your thinking. Be careful not to get talked into something you really don’t believe in.
So the big question now is whether the Senate will request that John Bolton testify, given that what he might say would seem to destroy P45’s defense. Without a birth time, our analysis is limited, but the next significant aspect in Bolton’s horoscope is a square to Venus (his values and social expression) from Pluto, exact February 2nd, July 26 and December 8th. This pattern is often experienced as extreme pressure and/or empowerment in relationships, ending those that no longer serve and/or transforming those that do. It may also be see as a power play involving values and worth. He also has a Mars return on February 9th. His last one was March 9, 2018 — the week he was presumably interviewed for his National Security Advisor gig, says Wikipedia. As for P45, Mars opposes his Uranus on the 29th, suggesting that this week we may see exceptional daring or recklessness in foreign affairs and/or media — affecting partnerships and the general public.
In other news — this one tragic: nine people died in a helicopter crash yesterday, including basketball legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna. WaPo’s headline: “Kobe Bryant: Crash investigation centers on role played by fog.” The helicopter reportedly departed John Wayne Airport just after 9 AM on Sunday, with Venus-Neptune on the Ascendant of the flight departure chart. Yes, this suggests potential fog.
Meanwhile, at last night’s Grammys, it was a “fashion fantasia,” as it should be with Venus aligned with Neptune in Pisces. Billie Eilish garnered the most awards — barely one month after her 18th birthday. Wow! Glancing quickly at her horoscope we see that Jupiter activated her Sagittarius Sun, Venus and Midheaven (career status) last year, suggesting expansion, reward and recognition. Her Mercury at 4 Capricorn was eclipsed on the Winter Solstice, suggesting that 2020 will likely bring accelerated change in matters of home and relationship, including relationship to the public. It is fascinating to see transiting Neptune on her Pisces Ascendant in 2020. The upside of this pattern would be creative successes, glamour and being seen as a visionary or ideal.
To find out if planetary patterns suggest you may be in a fog in 2020 (and if so, how to make the most of it), here’s the 411 on consultations. Truckloads of gratitude to cherished Avid Readers who are responding to my invitation to support The Forecast for less than a glass of chardonnay each month.
Thank you for reading this forecast.