How was your Sun opposing Pluto weekend? Any catharses or other emotional breakthroughs? Sunday’s Scorpio Moon was apt for a purge or a consolidation of power, and its intensely focused energy continued into just past noon on Monday. During the ensuing Moon void, deep stretches, twists, and groin openers were the main components of my afternoon yoga class. Makes sense, right?
Did you notice a shift in energy and focus around 5:07 PM ET, when the Moon left Scorpio for fiery, righteously opinionated Sagittarius? The sky’s the limit for the next few days, so find ways to push boundaries constructively. Get out in nature; take in a foreign film or point of view; go for a gamble or a gambol. That’s what gazillionaire Jeff Bezos is doing: pushing boundaries in an 11-minute joyride into space (allegedly), just after Mercury sextiles Uranus at 5:37 AM ET on…
- TUESDAY. The flight crew includes Jeff and his younger brother, along with the 82-year-old pilot, Wally Funk, and an 18-year-old physics student who got to hitch a ride after an anonymous other gazillionaire canceled his $28 million ticket, due to a scheduling conflict. As one does. Transiting Mars will be opposing Bezos’ Venus; the Sun will be opposing his Mars. Clearly, he’s feeling energized, as evidenced by the shape of his big giant space rocket. It should surprise no one that Wally Funk has the Sun at 12 Aquarius square Uranus at 13 Taurus. She’s having her Uranus return, which is often experienced as liberating. Funk was barred from NASA’s all-male astronaut corps in the ’60s because of her gender. Check out what we know of her horoscope here. Meanwhile, the day’s Sagittarius Moon is stabilized by a trine (harmony) with Saturn, exact at 11:31 AM ET. Let that help you make productive use of your high-flying ambition.
- WEDNESDAY: Note your dreams, as Moon squares wiggy Neptune at 7:08 AM ET. A trine to Mars at 10:05 AM ET helps channel your visions into action. Moon goes void on a trine to Venus at 6:25 PM ET. Venus is at the very end of Leo, almost conjunct the fixed star Regulus, as well as the former guy’s 29 Leo ASC. We’ll talk more about that in a minute. Point is, honor and reputation may make headlines this evening — and not just his. After a 10-minute void, Moon enters Capricorn, driven to Make Things Happen. It gets a big cheer from Jupiter at 7:41 PM ET–RAH! At 8:36 PM ET, Venus exits Leo for Virgo, where she will stay until August 16th. Venus refers to who, what, and how we need to love; Virgo can be in a constant quest for perfection. It’s the “quest” part that led to the conventional astrological wisdom that cosmetic surgery is ill-advised when Venus is in Virgo. How can it ever be satisfied, when it’s so keenly aware of every little “fault?”
- THURSDAY: Generosity to a fault may be on deck in the morning, as Venus opposes cosmic sugar daddy Jupiter at 8:44 AM ET. This is the pattern I’m sure Beth Owl’s Daughter’s Tarot Card of the Week is reflecting. Don’t worry — be happy — especially with the Sun leaving Cancer for fun-loving Leo at 10:26 AM ET. Use today’s Capricorn Moon for the purpose of achievement, inspired by trine to innovative Uranus, exact at 6:25 PM ET. Time to reach across the aisle for the sake of humanity. There’s plenty of room for everyone to shine. OMG, that sounds like a commercial for the Olympics, which start tomorrow, with no spectators amid scores of cases of Covid.
- FRIDAY: Get it done in the early morning, East Coasters. The Capricorn Moon goes void on a conjunction to Pluto at 12:34 PM ET, perhaps revisiting last weekend’s power play or purge. West Coasters, your business day may be a bust, as the Moon will be void between 12:34 PM ET and 8:12 PM ET. Start the weekend early if you can, or stick to routine concerns if you can’t play. Roll with whatever twists and flakes crop up during the void and CHILL! Moon enters Aquarius at 8:12 PM ET, looking to network with its besties. Emotions are on the rise, and the Full Moon will be exact at 10:36 PM ET. Let the Games begin!
Here’s what the Full Moon looks like, set in Washington, D.C.:
- Aquarius refers to humanity and what’s best for the greatest good. Leo refers to personal ego recognition and the divine right of kings. A Full Moon in Aquarius illuminates this inherent conflict. A regal entity willing and able to serve the people would be fine right about now.
- In this horoscope the humanitarian Aquarius Moon is besieged; i.e., trapped between the corporate Powers That Be Pluto and tech bro Saturn.
- Neptune is conjunct the Ascendant, suggesting an aura of possible magic, mysticism, vision, scandal, fog, and/or wipeout.
- Mercury is trine Neptune, suggesting inspired vision or magical thinking. You decide.
- Mercury is opposing Pluto, suggesting plenty of news from underground will be illuminated over the next two weeks.
- It’s interesting that the 19 Pisces ASC-19 Virgo DSC corresponds to President Biden’s Midheaven-IC.
- It’s interesting that the 24 Sagittarius MC corresponds to VP Kamala Harris’ 24 Gemini ASC-24 Sag DSC.
- It’s interesting that Mars is conjunct the Mars in the former guy’s horoscope; Saturn opposes his Pluto; Neptune squares his Sun and Moon.
- The Sabian Symbols for this Full Moon were last encountered in May 2020, when Saturn turned retrograde. Here’s what we are revisiting: for the Moon at 2 Aquarius: “an unexpected thunderstorm,” which Sabian Symbol Sage Blaine Bovee suggests may be experienced as heavy rains turning an adobe hut into mud. “Man plans; God laughs” would also be apt.
- The Symbol for the Sun at 2 Leo: “an epidemic of mumps.” Yes, really. Again with the epidemic. “Mask mandates are back,” and with good reason. And if the headlines aren’t convincing enough to take the Covid resurgence seriously, here’s Stephen Colbert. Bovee advises us to watch for:
Things that spread rapidly, upsetting normal expectations…something that seems too good to be true probably is. Watch for immunity to current fads; cathartic turns of events; knowing when to be quiet…”
…and so forth. I think his advice is well-taken, with respect to headlines in the mundane world. I recommend Bovee’s fascinating book on Sabian Symbols.
- This Full Moon activates The Great Mutation of December 21, 2021 — i.e., the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction at 0 Aquarius. What was going on back then may come up again, and let the record show that the Full Moon will square the 0 Taurus Sun and Moon of Queen Elizabeth and President Biden, respectively.
Back to the forecast for the week:
- SATURDAY: Mercury trines Neptune at 12:34 PM ET. How has it sparked your imagination over the past few days? Focus on ways to make it real, as the Aquarius Moon meets up with Saturn at 2:24 PM ET. If you experienced that as a wet blanket, as opposed to constructive criticism, know that a rebellious break is on the way. Moon squares (rebel) Uranus at 8:42 PM ET, shaking up the status quo. I expect plenty of rewards for investigative reporters, as Mercury opposes Pluto on…
- SUNDAY: …at 4:14 PM ET. What is revealed may spark conflict, in sync with Moon opposing Mars at 7:13 PM ET. Chill during the ensuing void. At 11:29 PM ET, Moon gets focused and into its feelings when it enters soulful Pisces.
…while we acknowledge the active presence of Eris in current planetary weather. In astrology, Eris is a minor planet that was discovered in 2005. Eris moves at a snail’s pace, from our perspective on Spaceship Earth. Don’t get me started on a rant about the stupid astrology I stumbled across on a tragically hip ezine, helpfully explaining what it might mean if you had Eris in Taurus or Cancer. No one under the age of 95 has Eris in any sign but Aries. Got that? That’s how slow Eris is, from our point of view!!
In mythology, Eris is known as the Goddess of Discord. Chaos is her middle name, but the havoc she wreaks is not random. Eris represents the outrage of those who perceive they don’t have a seat at the table. It is the “have-nots” rising up against the perceived “haves.” Eris was conjunct rebel Uranus in 2017. From 2021 through 2022, Eris will be squared by Pluto. This amplifies the potential for efforts to overthrow the status quo for the sake of acquiring power, as seen in a news outlet near you. I’ll wager it also amplifies the havoc Mother Nature is currently wreaking in the form of fires, floods, famine, etc. If you have a planet around 23 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn, you are more personally affected by the ruthless and crusading needs of Eris. Bernie Sanders has Eris on Mars at 23 Aries. The former guy has Eris squaring his Venus-Saturn conjunction in Cancer.
We should also acknowledge the action of Chiron, the Wounded Healer. It’s almost halfway through its sojourn in Aries, moving at a faster pace than Eris. Chiron turned retrograde last week at almost 13 degrees of Aries, which means if you have a planet or points —and especially the Sun or Ascendant —at 12 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn, Chiron has been challenging it since May —and will continue to do so into September. A friend of mine has an affected Sun, and they’ve been experiencing an illness that has baffled their physicians. The United States’ Sun is 13 Cancer, and I see this Chiron square to the Sun as another pattern suggesting a psychic wound we are struggling to heal. Chiron won’t get to 13 Cancer until April 2022 — we’ll see if the U.S. has a healing crisis then.
Last week’s big patterns included Sun trine Neptune (spirits, dreams, refugees, the surreal, water, oceans, oil, drugs, subterfuge, fog) and Sun opposing Pluto (power plays, corruption exposed, news from underground).
- “Revealed: leak uncovers global abuse of cyber-surveillance weapons,” in which authoritarian regimes targeted activists, politicians, and journalists. The Israeli company that sells the software insists it is “only intended for use against criminals and terrorists,” perhaps not fully comprehending that an authoritarian regime might not care about a spyware company’s “intention.”
- “Lost lives; lost culture: the forgotten history of indigenous boarding schools” in North America
- A Texas federal judge declares the Obama-era’s DACA program illegal. DACA “prevents the deportation of immigrants who were brought to the US unlawfully as children, known as “Dreamers”. The Justice Dept. will appeal.
- “How about a concierge for your spiritual life?” It’s the latest amenity in high-end developments, reports the NYT.
- Elsewhere in the same paper of record: “Los Angeles goes to war with itself over homelessness.“
- “This Anglo-Saxon cave dwelling may have been home to an English king who became a saint.“ Yes, he was a floor wax and a dessert topping.
- NASA says the moon’s wobble will shift in 30 years — increasing the occurrence of floods.
- This one was so lovely on a day with the Sun in caring Cancer, trine healing Neptune: “Missouri Inmates Sew Custom Quilts For Foster Children: ‘It Kind Of Breaks Your Heart’”
- 95-year old message in a bottle found at the bottom of the ocean; finder locates message writer’s daughter via the internet. The message writer was born with Eris in Pisces and he is no longer among the living.
- “Home renovation leads to discovery of 150 bowling balls under porch”
- “Equatorial Guinea’s oil minister allegedly siphons off millions from public construction project”
- “Majority of COVID misinformation came from just 12 people, study finds”
- “Kremlin papers appear to show Putin’s plot to put former guy in the White House” This is an amazing story. It affirms everything some hoped The Mueller Report would do, but it’s so on the nose, that there’s reason to be skeptical that the leaked papers are for real.
- BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: we anticipated significant revelations impacting the former guy’s status last week, and what we saw was a spate of tell-all books, including headlines like “Top US general warned of ‘Reichstag moment’ in former guy’s last turbulent days.“
- Another expose: “Ken Starr, Brett Kavanaugh, Jeffrey Epstein & Me”— written by a “former partisan” and an extramarital flame of Starr’s. Next April, transiting Chiron will be at 13 Aries, squaring Starr’s 13 Capricorn Ascendant. Transiting Pluto will be opposing his Sun-Saturn conjunction at 28 Cancer, while at the same time, squaring Epstein’s natal Saturn, even as transiting Saturn will be conjunct Kavanaugh’s 23 Aquarius Sun. It should be an uncomfortable period for all three of them, and perhaps there will be further connections revealed.
What’s going on in your horoscope in April 2022? Here’s the 411 on personal consultations. I should be all caught up with emails by the end of the day tomorrow.
Thank you for reading this forecast.