Here’s the recap of the weekend forecast:
- FRIDAY. The 3rd Quarter Moon between the Sun in Sagittarius’ need to push boundaries and the Virgo Moon’s insistence on crossing every darn “T” may require an adjustment in your plans for world domination. An opposition between Moon and Jupiter at 2:13 PM ET adds good cheer and potential indulgence to holiday parties. Moon goes void for less than 30 minutes, and shifts gears into Libra at 2:49 PM ET. The weekend is thus driven by a need for fairness and balance in relationships. Diplomacy rules!
- SATURDAY: More indulgence, perhaps — or a clash of values in social graces — as Moon squares Venus at 8:28 AM ET. Running your holiday errands is supported by the Moon’s trine to Mars at 2:43 PM ET. Get creative with it — possibly online — as Mercury trines Uranus (innovation; technology) at 4:36 PM ET.
- SUNDAY: Libra Moon trines Saturn and sextiles the Sun at 6:31 AM ET and 5:35 PM ET, facilitating efficiency. Moon makes its weekly clash with Pluto at 5:35 PM ET, reflecting potential depth and potency on this first night of Hannukah. Moon then goes void for the next five hours. Chill! Moon enters Scorpio at 10:30 PM ET. More depth. More power. More control.
No sleeping in on MONDAY. The Scorpio Moon will not be void, and its only connection is a cooperative one to Venus, exact at 8:21 PM ET. This week may be quite grand and wonderful, as…
- Jupiter leaves Pisces and enters Aries on Tuesday
- Sun enters Capricorn on Wednesday — Happy Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere
- Sun squares Jupiter on Wednesday
- Venus trines Uranus on Thursday
- Mercury sextiles Neptune on Saturday
Avid Reader Ann wanted to know what my 2023 Really Useful Mercury Retrograde Survival Guide Bookmarks looked like. Here is the top of the front side — and on the back is the list of Mercury Rx dates for 2023, along with a bulletpointed list of do’s and don’ts. If you need to see the whole image, email me. My computer currently refuses to file screenshots in a place where I can actually find them. The bookmarks fit neatly into a regular letter or stocking, and Ann bought enough for every member of her book club — what a fun idea!
I will send you three bookmarks in exchange for $6.99 — toss it in my Cosmic Tip Jar. Shout-out to Avid Reader Laura in Georgia, whose printing company did such a beautiful job! Second shout-out to Mark Marshall at Interage, who made my design concept look fabulous! Mark is also my webmaster, if you’re looking….
Also…for last-minute holiday shoppers, I now have gift certificates for consultations and reports that I can send via email or snail mail.
And now, the news.
In the aftermath of Wednesday’s square (tension) between Sun (leaders of state and business) and Neptune (healing, lies, intangible, fraud, oceans, the surreal, etc., etc.)”
- “Huge aquarium in Berlin bursts, unleashing flood of devastation” — factor in Jupiter (big), as the very last degree of Pisces (water, fish), conjunct Scheat, a star associated with shipwrecks. It was definitely the end of the world for those fish.
- “Several hundred UFO reports received by new U.S. office”
- “Losing the plot: the former guy announces new NFT superhero card collection” — and I can’t bring myself to link the article, because just enough already. There is an astro-logical point of interest to this story, however, which is that on January 4th, TFG will have the last in a series of squares to his blah blah blah Gemini Sun from transiting Neptune. So putting himself out there as an intangible fake superhero makes sense…as does his apparently vanishing influence, in the way that ocean waves erase all traces of footprints in the sand. Getting far less coverage: the January 6th Committee will hold its final hearing on Monday at 1 PM ET. Heather Cox Richardson has the latest on what we can expect from that and other planned votes in Congress next week.
- “Traces of suspected cocaine found after parties in Liz Truss’ grace and favor house”
- FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried arrested and charged with defrauding investors
- Oregon governor Kate Brown commutes all death penalty cases to life in prison without the possibility of parole
- “Soyuz capsule leak could strand cosmonauts”
- “What the final stage of Reaganism looks like.” Thom Hartmann’s essay will help Avid Readers better understand the U.S. Pluto Return. Why? Because when Ronald Reagan was elected in the early 80s, the U.S. horoscope had transiting Pluto square its natal Pluto. The balance of power and resources shifted in the aftermath. It is apt to say this is the “final stage” because the balance of power and resources is likely to shift again, in the aftermath of the U.S. Pluto Return. We’ll have to wait until 2024 at the earliest to get a sense of how that will work out.
In other news…
Mars Rx continues to reflect war, war, war on words. In the Twittersphere, Chief Tw*t suspended the accounts of mainstream journalists who published stories about him that he didn’t like. It’s exhausting having yet another Biff Tannen with so much power and influence. Conventional astrological wisdom argues that whoever starts a war when Mars is retrograde is likely to lose. Chief Tw*t has certainly been warring…so we’ll see what happens once Mars turns direct and gets out of Gemini. Meanwhile, here’s another apt Mars Rx in Gemini headline:
- “McCarthy’s ongoing Speaker battle paralyzes House.” One image for Mars Rx is a truck spinning its wheels in the mud.
Finally, from the files of The Horoscope Lives Forever…
- “James Patterson to co-author novel with the late Michael Crichton from unfinished manuscript on Hawaii volcano mega-eruption.” Of course Patterson is working with Crichton on a volcano novel, even though Crichton is no longer among the living. Just look at Crichton’s horoscope, with its 0 degree Scorpio Sun opposing a 0 degrees Taurus Moon…about to be squared by transiting Pluto in 2023 and 2024. Pluto is volcanic, regenerative and empowering…and astrology is amazing.
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with friends.
Today is Jane Austen’s birthday. This is Winchester Cathedral, her final resting place.