The Aquarius Moon has been void of course since 6:56 PM ET on Sunday (last night). It won’t enter Pisces until 1:31 PM ET. Moon voids suggest a higher probability of twists and flakes in efforts to move forward in a straight line. Is that why my day began earlier than anticipated, thanks to the rare and unexpected sound of Pepper the Cat hurling a hairball? Or why the soymilk in my oatmeal is curdled? Who knew soymilk could even do that?
And how is your day going? During the void, chill and take care of routine concerns. Once the Moon engages in Pisces, see if you notice a shift in focus — to matters of compassion (or lack thereof) and ideals.
Notable planetary patterns this week include:
- An all-day Pisces Moon void on WEDNESDAY, July 4th. All-day means 5:46 AM ET until 12:50 AM ET in THURSDAY.
- In effect this week — and building to a crest on THURSDAY: a harmony (trine) between the Cancer Sun and Jupiter in Scorpio, exact at 7:04 AM ET. 45 minutes later, Mercury in regal Leo opposes retrograde Mars in rebel Aquarius. A clash of will and sparks that fly, bigly and stubbornly, perhaps. By then the Moon will be in impulsive me-me-me Aries. You are personally affected by the Mercury-Mars face-off if you have a planet or angle around 7 degrees of Leo, Aquarius, Scorpio or Taurus.
- Jupiter, btw, is slowly down to a virtual stop next week, when it will turn direct. In Scorpio, Jupiter has reflected the expansion of scandalous revelations in matters of sex and money. We can expect a special focus in these affairs over the next couple of weeks, as Jupiter slows to a stop, turns around and eventually picks up speed. Watch the headlines. If you have a planet or angle around 13 degrees of Scorpio, Taurus, Leo or Aquarius, you are more personally affected. Lucky you — for the most part — as Jupiter transits are more often experienced as expansion with an upside.
- On FRIDAY at 3:51 AM ET we’ll have the Third Quarter Moon. This suggests a challenge between the needs of a me-me-me Aries Moon and the essence of an emotional security-centered Cancer Sun.
- Over the weekend we are likely to be under Neptune’s rose-colored spell, as it makes a trine (harmony) with the Sun on SUNDAY at 10:42 AM ET. Big statements about a more perfect world of material comfort and security, brought to you by the weekend’s Taurus Moon and MONDAY’s 5:14 AM ET square between Mercury (how we need to think and communication) and expansive Jupiter.
Notable planetary patterns this MONTH include:
- July 9th — Venus leaves Leo for Virgo, desperately seeking perfection until August 7th;
- July 10th — Jupiter turns direct
- July 11th — Venus trines Uranus, favoring unconventional attractions
- July 12th — New Moon and solar eclipse at 20 Cancer…on a day featuring Sun opposing Pluto. Major power plays behind the scenes, likely featuring heads of state.
- July 14th — Venus trines Saturn, suggesting grounded/sobering/serious news about women, money, arts and social expression
- July 15th – July 21st — a week of no exact aspects among the planets, except the Moon, conjuring up an image of a ginormous ice shelf collapsing into the sea, just like that — with no one seeing it coming
- July 19th — 1st Quarter Moon
- July 22nd — Sun enters Leo; Venus harmonizes (sextiles) with Jupiter. This is the first of three contacts to Venus this week; look for Venusian concerns to pull focus
- July 24th — Venus opposes Neptune — is it a dream or is it real?
- July 25th — Sun squares Uranus…followed two days later by an opposition with Mars…
- July 26th — …with Mercury turning retrograde until August 18th…
- July 27th — …with a Full Moon/lunar eclipse engaged with the Sun-Mars opposition AND a harmony between Venus and Pluto….suggesting an especially volatile week involving themes of freedom/rebellion and leadership…headlines are likely to include tech breakthroughs, too…setting us up for…
- August 1st — the second Mars-Uranus square, recalling stories that were hot around the first one on May 16th
We live in interesting times.
What’s going on in your horoscope? With all the action happening this month and into summer, now is the time to find out what it all means to you. Here is the 411 on personal consultations. If you have children, I highly recommend you consider using astrology to understand them, too. Your relationship can’t help but improve.
I leave you with a link to the chat I had last week with the lovely Cynthia Rose of OmTimes Radio. Her show is called “Standing in the Sunlight,” and that’s what we did for an hour. What fun! Please enjoy…and please share it with the rest of the Free World.
Many Avid Readers are already enjoying Beth Owls Daughter’s Really Useful Tarot Card of the Week. She writes (beautifully!) every Monday, and the cards are always in sync with planetary patterns. Here is last week’s card: the Page of Pentacles. Its focus on material concerns is well-taken, especially with the streamlining patterns we are just beginning to feel in the horoscope of the US. Yea verily, there is more streamlining in store — to be further addressed soon.
Thank you for reading this forecast.