Good Morning from New York!
I’m back from the Big Fat Astrology Conference — and getting ready to hit the road again on Thursday. Destination: a reunion at my alma mater, which I’m co-chairing. With a whirlwind of last-minute details to pull together, I may not be able to respond to queries immediately. Thank you for your kind understanding.
The work week begins with an all-day Moon void in Aquarius. If you need a push to get things started this morning, that’s your excuse. Stick to routine concerns and roll with any twists or flakes that disrupt your efforts to move forward in a straight line. Resist impulse purchases, as items bought during voids have an odd way of not working out as planned. Remember that crises which crop up during voids are often much ado about nothing. Chill — and consider innovative ways to connect with friends and associates, as an Aquarius Moon does love to network. Matters of social significance and asserting one’s uniqueness and independence may be on your radar today. The Moon won’t get into gear until 6:53 AM ET on TUESDAY, when it enters Pisces.
Patterns for the week include:
- The Sun meets up with Mercury in Gemini on TUESDAY at 10:02 PM ET, suggesting idealism in matters of thought and communication. Is it truly brilliant or just blinded by the light?
- Minutes later, at 10:23 PM ET, Venus in Cancer is opposed by Pluto in Capricorn. This adds the potential for power plays and emotional overkill to those idealistic thoughts — and we may see it especially expressed in matters related to women, money, art and social expression.
- WEDNESDAY features the first of two patterns to wiggy Neptune. At 10:08 AM ET, Mercury squares Neptune. Upside potential: creativity and inspiration. Downside potential: magical thinking — already suggested by the Sun-Mercury meet-up — but with a delusional and deceptive spin. We’ll also have the 3rd Quarter Moon at 2:32 PM ET, suggesting an action point on whatever illumination you may have received from last week’s Full Moon.
- THURSDAY at 1:59 AM ET the Sun will square Neptune. Here are some wiggy items that made news in November 2017, on the last Sun-Neptune square. The Moon will be void in Pisces starting at 2:35 AM ET…it doesn’t enter Aries until 5:26 PM ET. This suggests yet another full day of schedule snafus, twists, flakes and molehills being turned into mountains.
General patterns for the month include:
- Mars, Mars and Mars. The planetary symbol for action, anger and assertion is slowing in speed — about to turn retrograde on June 26th. It’s going to be one hot summer, with notable disruption, suggested by an ongoing tension between Mars and Uranus. Think: recklessness, rashness, genetic mutations, accidents involving firearms and airplanes; seismic activity (volcanoes, earthquakes), tech breakthroughs, gender-benders and disruption of whatever we consider “yang.” Much of the action may be toxic and/or destructive, given that Mars will cross the South Node three times during its retrograde journey. Will write more on this Mars retrograde as we approach the 26th, but for now, here’s a brief primer from an earlier post.
- In the U.S., transiting Uranus is squaring the Sun in the P45 inauguration chart. That, combined with his own personal solar arcs between Mars, Mercury and Uranus, is clearly articulated in this recent headline, “P45 goes it alone, running the White House not like a president, but as a CEO.” Right. I told you this would happen in January 2017.
And now, more news.
By now you might be thinking, “I wonder if our dear astrologer is having a heavy Saturn transit on her Mercury. She seems so serious today!” If so, you would be right. It’s no fun to look ahead, see the potential for tough times and be proven right. I’ve been in a bit of a grim mood all morning, concerned about the ongoing hijacking of Life As We Knew It here in these United States. Exhibit A would be the item that crossed my newsfeed at 8:35 AM ET in the form of a tweet from P45, asserting his “absolute right” to pardon himself. Yeah, well…if that were true, then why did Nixon resign? Will this item be the “much ado about nothing” story of the day, reflecting the potential of the Moon void, along with the wiggy idealism and recklessness of other planetary patterns? Exhibit B would be the confidential memo to Robert Mueller from P45’s legal team, published over the weekend by the NYT, which asserts unprecedented presidential authority. If only it were simply unpresidented.
As today’s PSA, here’s how you can register to vote in your state. If you are registered, but have moved since the last election, you need to update your info. Because if you don’t vote, somebody else will.
OK. What else? Just when we were recovering from Roseanne Barr’s racist remark last week, along comes comedian Samantha Bee with a sharp jab at Ivanka that many found especially offensive. But in a week dominated by that Grand Trine among Venus, Jupiter and Neptune, (suggesting an expansive focus on matters involving women) isn’t it interesting that one such focus would be a word for lady parts that is considered to be such an extreme vulgarity that it is rarely even printed? Even actress Sally Field said that the word was totally inappropriate…and I know what you’re thinking. Sally Field? Why is Sally Field making news now?
Here is Sally Field’s horoscope. Transiting Mercury opposed her righteously opinionated Mercury-Venus conjunction last week. I haven’t looked to see what else Ms. Field might have on her plate, but this year and next year suggest potential for significant transformation and empowerment, with Pluto hitting all of the angles of her horoscope. Adding ambition and serious emotional focus to her agenda would be transiting Saturn squaring her me-me-me Aries Moon. This is balanced by the potential for expansion suggested by transiting Jupiter on her Scorpio Sun.
More to come….stay tuned….and thank you for reading this forecast.