Friday 9/27/2019 & the Weekend: New Moon in Libra; Mercury – Venus Square Saturn-Pluto in the News
It’s the last full day of the lunar cycle; the New Moon in Libra kicks in tomorrow at 2:26 PM ET. Right now, the day is driven by the Moon in Virgo, which seeks perfection in every detail, reflected by this morning’s stream of tweets pointing out that “Liddle” is not a word; apostrophes are not hyphens; and that it’s “d-e-s-c-r-i-b-e.” Also: “never-ending.” We may feel listless or restless on a dead moon day, sensing that something new is just around the corner, but we don’t know what. This is the time to wrap up projects and contemplate your list of intentions for the next cycle. It’s also an apt time for flying under the radar. Moon goes void at 11:58 PM ET on a meet-up with Mars, provoking a crusade to make things right. Chill in the wee hours, and then on…
- SATURDAY — Moon enters Libra at 6:03 AM ET, but it’s not quite ready to start anything new. That won’t happen until 2:26 PM ET, when the Libra Moon meets up with the Sun. A harmony between Venus and Jupiter graces the day, exact at 7:40 PM ET. Not a bad day to buy a few lottery tickets, especially if you have planets around 18 degress of just about any sign.
- SUNDAY — Moon in Libra continues its quest for balance and harmony in relationship, with a potential speedbump around 2:40 PM ET, when Moon clashes with Pluto, suggesting a power play or catharsis. Moon goes void at 10:06 PM ET.
No sleeping in on Monday. Moon enters Scorpio at 5:42 AM ET, demanding depth for the sake of control. Meanwhile….
Here is the chart for Saturday’s New Moon in Libra, set in Washington DC.
Note the pile-up of planets — including the Sun and Moon — in the 9th house. This suggests a cycle involving foreign affairs, courts, dogma, publishing, education, travel and collective belief systems. The Sun and Moon are square to the Ascendant, suggesting tension between actual ego identity and how that ego is seen. Saturn, Pluto and the toxic South Node are either just getting up to speed (e.g., Saturn, planet of control and authority) or are at a near-standstill (Pluto, planet of power and resources; corruption exposed). Not as prominent — but present — is a nearly-precise cooperative connection between oftimes fairy godparents, Venus (women, art, values, money) and Jupiter (BIG), both high-functioning in Libra and Sagittarius, signs they rules. Hmmm.
The Sabian Symbol for this New Moon is “the ideals of man abundantly crystalized” — and already it is interesting to see the word “abundantly” associated with a New Moon that has a sextile between Venus and Jupiter, planet of abundance. Sabian Sage Blain Bovee says this is an image of “the full expression of ideals brought into clear, definite form.” Wow! That does sound promising for manifesting dreams, does it not? I suppose it depends whether the crystals are a reflection of dazzling brilliance or a stern and rigid mindset. Bovee suggests we apply this Symbol with an awareness of “perspective that is a lens for viewing the whole.” Hmm — like astrology? That’s a seriously useful lens for viewing the world — and a person’s place in it.
You are more personally affected by the visionary seed-planting potential of this New Moon if you have a planet or angle around 5-6 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Believe in your dreams and give them form!
And now, the news.
Reflecting the fearsome potential of this week’s squares between Venus (women) and Saturn (control, authority), and Mercury (communication) and Pluto (corruption exposed), along with the prominent ingress of the Sun (CEOs, leaders) in to Libra (its fall), I offer you:
- “No one is above the law.” Nancy Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry against [P45]” She took action within 24 hours of transiting Jupiter (expansion) challenges her Mercury (mindset) and transiting Mars (action!) on her Neptune (vision, scandal). Even without an exact birth time, patterns in Speaker Pelosi’s horoscope suggest strong potential for career success at least until mid-2020.
- If you have not read the actual unclassified whistleblower’s complaint — and the White House version of a transcript of the phone call between P45 and Ukraine’s President Zelensky, you may be a Republican member of Congress. But perhaps you heard that the actual transcript of the phone call was stored (against all normal protocol) on a separate server? To be continued…
- Lady Hale, President of the UK Supreme Court, ruled that PM Boris Johnson’s suspension of Parliament was unlawful, thank you very much, goodbye. Lady Hale (Venus) announced the court decision dressed in black (Saturn-Pluto in Capricorn), adorned with a fetching spider (Mercury) silver (Venus) brooch. She was the perfect embodiment of current planetary patterns.
- Having dressed down the UN General Assembly, Greta Thunberg inspires and commands a second Friday of climate change strikes around the world. Videos posted on her Twitter feed.
- Adam Neumann — the CEO of WeWork is stepping down. Born on April 25, 1979 in Tel Aviv (time unknown), he has four planets in me-me-me Aries, including go-go-go Mars. With the pioneering initiative symbolized by his Aries Mars currently challenged by the authoritative control/brick wall known as transiting Saturn, are we surprised that WeWork’s IPO hasn’t materialized? With all that Aries, are we surprised to see him described as a man of “high-minded impulsivity and self-dealing” by Farad Manjoo of the NYT? Neumann’s empire-building Taurus Sun is also being challenged by Uranus, disruptor of the status quo. A sudden change is no surprise either, with the upside potential being liberation. Apparently Neumann voted for his own ouster. Free at last — once the Saturn squeeze on Mars, Pluto — and possibly his Aries Moon — is behind him.
In other news…
- “Chanel Miller’s memoir should be required reading for every cop, judge and prosecutor in America.” Miller is the “Emily Doe” who was sexually assaulted by Stanford student Brock Turner; his six-month sentence (of which he served half) prompted outrage. Miller’s book is called Know My Name.
- Placido Domingo canceled his engagement at Met Opera the day before he was to sing Macbeth in the Met’s season premier. Domingo is being investigated on multiple allegations of sexual harrassment.
In light of this week’s headlines, Tarot Diva Beth Owlsdaughter really hit it out of the park with her Card of the Week. Here’s what she posted on Monday.
Thank you for reading this forecast. Have a wonderful visionary weekend. Let’s talk soon.
This is SPOT ON for me, personally, as well as the world. Down to the time of day. It’s so amazing to come to you with something in my life and you instantly gave me the gift of clarity. WOW, thank you!
You are most welcome — delighted we connected!