It’s been such a big news week that I just had to make time to share all the astro-logic with you.
First, here’s a reminder of the Forecast for the weekend:
- FRIDAY: Arise and charge about the day; that’s what the Moon in Aries need to get things started might inspire you to do. That drive is supported by a trine (harmony — to the Sun in Sagittarius. Anything is possible — especially when it come to make-believe, and I say this because on…
- SATURDAY: at 7:15 PM ET, Neptune turns direct, ending a five-month period of subtle focus on using your own dreams and intuition for guidance. When a planet is retrograde, the suggestion is to turn inward on issues involving that planet, as opposed to looking outside the self. You’ll feel the effects of Neptune’s change of station more personally if you were born 22-25 days into Pisces, Virgo, Gemini, and Sagittarius…or if you have a planet or angle at 21-25 degrees of those signs. What kind of effects? Oh…perhaps you are feeling somewhat bewildered…or less inclined to be in Type A personality mode (if you are normally a Type A personality). You may find yourself needing to express your creativity — even if you have never thought of yourself as a “creative” person. You may also find being of service richly rewarding. Note that whenever a planet changes direction, it pulls focus in the headlines several days before and after. See an uptick in stories of music, drugs, oil, deception, oceans and spirits of all kinds, etc? I sure do. Here’s what was happening in the news the last time Neptune turned direct, including accurate predictions about what former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was likely to experience in 2022. Interesting that his old joint is still making news.
- SATURDAY: the Aries Moon happily charges through the cosmic sandbox, enjoying easy connections to Mars, Saturn, Venus and Mercury throughout the day.
- SUNDAY: Moon goes void on its weekly clash with Pluto at 12:46 AM ET. If a power play or catharsis cropped up, CHILL during the ensuing void. Could be a deep and dreamy evening, as Venus squares Neptune at 2:12 AM ET. Plan your romantic/creative escape. At 6:34 AM ET, Moon enters Taurus, intent on building something stable and comfortable out of all of Aries great ideas. Good tidings of comfort and joy!
No sleeping in on Monday. The Taurus Moon will not be void. We may see a surprise twist around noon ET, when the Moon meets up with Uranus, disruptor of the status quo. I’ll be watching for an effort to cut losses or regain control around 9 PM ET, when the Moon squares streamlining Saturn.
And now, the news.
As you will hear in Episode 21 of Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast (released this morning!), plenty of disruptive stories were right on schedule, reflecting the Election Day total lunar eclipse being activated on December 1st by transiting Uranus. Avid Readers will recall that when eclipses are activated, we anticipate accelerated activity, as in a genie jumps out of a bottle or a curtain falls. The activity has likely been brewing in plain sight, but the activation makes everyone aware of it.
- Exhibit A: “Hakeem Jeffries elected first Black leader in Congress.” Also elected to lead the House Democrats in 2023, when Nancy Pelosi officially steps down: Katherine Clark and Pete Aguilar. The future is here, and it is younger and more diverse. Heather Cox Richardson has more on this ground-breaking, aptly-timed event.
- Exhibit B: Planets in Hitler’s horoscope were directly affected by the November lunar eclipse. Take a look and you’ll see Venus (who, what and how we need to love) and Mars (how we need to take action) together in Taurus, right where the November 8th eclipse occurred. We would anticipate a surge of disruptive, innovative activity in matters related to love, values and action. So what happened? Kanye West expressed admiration for Hitler and his fellow Nazis in an interview with convicted fraudster (and now bankrupt) Alex Jones. The genie that jumped out of the bottle was West what stands for, in case there was ever any doubt. It prompted the deletion of a bizarre and cryptic Tweet posted on October 6th by Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee, affirming support for West and two other prominent stinkers. Once again HCR has the details. West has since been banned (again) from Twitter. Meanwhile, President Biden publicly affirmed that “the Holocaust really happened,”that “Hitler was a demonic figure,” and that those who remain silent are “complicit.” The horoscope lives forever, doncha know — and you can read more about that right here.
- Exhibit C: to be filed under “more curtains falling” — and the details are also in the latest Letter from an American. The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals said that TFG- appointed Judge Aileen Cannon was out-of-bounds when she appointed a Special Master to interfere with the DOJ’s investigation of TFG’s theft of classified documents. Onward!
In other news…
I was wondering how this week’s opposition between Venus and Mars — two planets associated with couples, in the language of astrology — would play out in the news, especially with Mercury and Venus also square Neptune (ideals) and sextile Saturn (laws). Not to mention that Neptune — a facilitator of romance — is demanding focus this week as it stations direct. The Senate passed the Respect for Marriage Act, enshrining recognition of same-sex marriages into federal law. The House is expected to pass the bill by early next week.
Mercury-Venus in Sagittarius was expected to push boundaries of good taste, especially when provoked by Mars in (words as weapons) Gemini. Stephen Colbert has more on this story.
Signs of Neptune (drugs, spirituality, wipe out, fraud, oceans, oil, refugees, victims, surrender, dreams) demanding focus this week:
- “Buddhist temple in Thailand left without any monks as they all failed drug tests”
- Canada’s environmental minister talks to the Guardian about “oil, idealism, and being branded a traitor.”
- “A phony climate foundation in Germany helped Russia complete Nord Stream 2 after U.S. sanctions threatened to derail it.”
- From the NYT book section: “What dreams are made on” — books to help children fall asleep.
- “US to pay $75 million to relocate indigenous tribes because of flood threat”
- “Amid homeless crisis, NYC Mayor Eric Adams announces plan to forcibly hospitalize mentally ill“
- Homelessness is the subject of TWO op-eds on NYT’s current homepage — here and here
- “US oil prices at lowest in over a year”
In other news…
It makes sense that Emmanuel Macron would be commanding our attention now, with three planets in his horoscope activated by Jupiter (good fortune; expansion), at the Aries Point (demanding prominence). He and his wife were the honored guests at President Biden’s first state dinner. Macron’s horoscope has been discussed many times in this forecast. Last time was in April 2022.
Avid Listeners of Off the Charts: A Stellar Newscast are aware that Whitney and I have different approaches in our interpretation of the horoscope. We use different house systems, for example. And because many listeners have asked us to explain further how it is possible that two astrologers can use different systems of analysis and still arrive at a consensus, we decided create a video. We ran a contest for patron subscribers of Off the Charts and chose one at random to be our “client” for a joint consultation. We’re grateful to Avid Listener K for being such a good sport — and for her comments on our analysis. We hope you find this video fun, informative and worthwhile…with much gratitude for your support.
Here’s the 411 on personal consultations...and yes, gift certificates — via snail mail and email are available!
Thank you for reading this forecast — and sharing it with friends.